News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BroadwayThoughts

Member Name: BroadwayThoughts
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

CURTAINS at Papermill
 May 2 2011, 05:35:10 PM
I saw the show last night and enjoyed it, despite the silliness of the show's premise itself. Kim Zimmer plays a great Carmen and doles out her crass lines with real zest. Her vocal performance is also on the money. Robert Newman plays a fantastic Cioffi and the audience can't help but sympathize with the antics of Bambi, played by Anne Horak.

The first act of the show does drag a little, but that is not the fault of the actors or the producer. The sets, the music and dance were all

Christine Danelson - Hairspray Equity Tour Understudy
 May 5 2008, 03:19:45 PM
I don't know if I was singled out for any particular reason, but I received an email about Christine's participation in her college Idol contest. Has anyone else seen it? It's on youtube at KeanIdol. She is singing Etta James' "AT Last" and sure has some set of pipes. I figured I'd help her out and vote there and mention it here as well.
re: Will San Jose ever get a decent theatre?
 Jun 19 2006, 01:18:58 AM
A lot of theaters have no aisle .. it's called "continental" seating. I had asked someone about it because I found it very annoying as well and I thought it might actually be a fire hazard, but it turns out it is actually safer because the people are forced to uniformely exit if there were an emergency .. or so they say.
re: 25th Annual Putnam Spelling Bee vs. the real Spelling Bee
 Jun 9 2006, 03:49:23 AM
Thanks for clearing that up liotte. Written word can sometimes come out a way that people don't mean it. Sorry to think you were being rude.
re: Anyone off to see Hello, Dolly!...
 Jun 8 2006, 07:24:09 PM
"Physical size has never had anything to do with vocal sound."

I knew that when I wrote my review. Thanks Mistress Obvious.

re: 25th Annual Putnam Spelling Bee vs. the real Spelling Bee
 Jun 8 2006, 02:19:28 PM
Wow .. no need to be rude liotte .. if you don't like the thread than don't comment at all.

Of course, I knew where they got the idea from, but I did not know to what extent. i.e. The girl who writes on her arm to "visualize" the word first ... i had no idea that people actually did stuff like that.

re: Hello Dolly-1st preview at PaperMill
 Jun 8 2006, 09:03:25 AM
I posted a review on this thread here yesterday:

http://broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=899871#2239902

25th Annual Putnam Spelling Bee vs. the real Spelling Bee
 Jun 8 2006, 03:44:22 AM
I am currently watching the spelling bee on TV... and I am amazed at how dead on the creaters of "The 25th Annual Putnam Spelling Bee" were. Before this, I had never seen a real spelling bee and I am laughing because I keep on the thinking of the musical and how much I am reminded of this.

Anyone else share the same opinion?

re: Hairspray casting news
 Jun 7 2006, 02:42:09 PM
If Ricki was still young enough she could still play Tracy, even in the musical version. I heard her sing one time on a talk show, (Rosie O. I think?) and she has a great voice!
re: Anyone off to see Hello, Dolly!...
 Jun 7 2006, 12:10:09 PM
I had the pleasure of seeing Hello Dolly as a sneak preview last night at their dress rehearsal. It was fantastic! I cannot say enough about the casting, the direction and the staging. As it often does, the Paper Mill shows, that it is a regional theatre of Broadway caliber.

Tovah Feldshuh, as Dolly is such a tiny little woman that you wonder where that big beautiful voice comes from. Similarly, Kate Baldwin resonates sweetly as Mrs. Molly. I loved the booming sound of Walter Charle

re: Hairspray casting news
 Jun 7 2006, 06:14:30 AM
I'm sort of confused about Billy Crystal cast as Wilbur. Every other website (i.e. Playbill, Broadway.com) does not mention him as cast. Is he official?
re: Las Vegas Hairspray Closing?
 Jun 7 2006, 06:06:22 AM
I think that he kind of looks like a blonde Harry Connic, Jr. (spelling?)
re: Las Vegas Hairspray Closing?
 Jun 6 2006, 12:14:50 PM
As someone who has gone to Vegas at least a dozen times and to Broadway shows for over 40 years (I guess I may have hit the 100s by now), I'd love to offer my opinion here.

First off, when I travel to Vegas, I am not thinking of a Broadway show. Frankly, Mamma Mia was the only one playing during my last trip and I opted to wait til I could see it in New York. My sense was that I would enjoy it more in the beauty of the New York theatre with the cast I wanted to see. Again, I had

re: Taylor Dayne in AIDA
 Jun 5 2006, 09:15:35 PM
I had seen the show in previews with Shere Renee Scott. I saw it for the second time with Taylor Dayne. From what I can remember I loved Shere in the role and I thought Taylor was just as good. She certainly had the vocals down, and from where I was sitting she kind of resembled Shere a little too.
re: Bare
 Apr 15 2006, 11:49:16 AM
It is basically a "Romeo & Juliet"/ love triangle story, except the two main characters are gay. It is based in a Catholic Boarding school and one character is the most popular jock in school (played by John Hill) who all the girls want to go out with (especially Ivy, played by Jenna Leigh Green). The other guy is an altar boy and doesn't mind if people know about his homosexuality. (played by Michael Arden) The two guys have been best friends since they were 12 and now they are seniors in high
re: HaIrSpRaY THE MOVIE AUDITION STORIES
 Mar 16 2006, 12:19:14 AM
The National Tour Tracy, Keala Settle, is from Hawaii and is sort of ethnic looking. So depending on how ethnic looking you are, it still is possible ... why not try just for the experience and fun of it?
Someone call SunTrips
 Mar 6 2006, 09:21:36 AM
If she wants to play the role Tina she is probably around that age? (8 right?) I want to know why she is using curse words at such a young age.

re: Wicked UK Site Up! *new stuff*
 Mar 6 2006, 09:15:53 AM
I'm sure that some of our American show posters are just as bad (it has nothing to do with the person's nationality, just their artistic eye) .... The Ragtime Poster kind of looks like one of those sample pictures you get on your computer to put as a wallpaper or something. The Sound of Music ... wow, no words. Kiss Me Kate doesn't seem bad to me. And the Rent one is great .. except for that guys cheesy expression. (Sorry :/)
re: 'Hairspray' Tour Review, Miami 02/25/06
 Feb 27 2006, 01:16:30 PM
Millie : I understand where you are coming from with your comment ... but you do have to remember that performers grow as they perform. Christine may have changed her whole performance based on notes that the stage manager and dance captain have given her. After all, it was only her 3rd or 4th time going on. Since after her Boston run, when we both saw her (in October or November I think) I have never seen any negative reviews since then or any comments about her Oh oh oh's so she may have fixed
re: Bus service from Newark --> Port Authority...what's it called?
 Feb 14 2006, 02:06:10 PM
It's even less expensive for you to take the train from Penn Station to Newark Aiport and an even more desirable way of travel.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You