News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Anton Spivack

Member Name: Anton Spivack
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What was the worst Tony season?
 Apr 6 2020, 12:20:14 PM

For me, it's a tossup between 1985, 1989 and 1995. I'm leaning towards 1985, as three categories had been dropped and the ending to the Tonys was underwhelming.

BroadwayWorld Book Club Week Two Discussion Prompts: The Winter Garden Theatre
 Apr 6 2020, 11:39:43 AM

The first show I saw at the Winter Garden was Cats. I was very young at the time, and didn't know what was going on. My favorite Winter Garden show is Beetlejuice.

I would most like to have seen Mame. I did a Jerry Herman tribute when I was younger, playing the young Patrick Dennis. I would also like to have seen Plain and Fancy, maybe that could go into If It Only Ever Runs a Minute. My third choice would be Pacific Overtures.

Worst Broadway Musical Season
 Mar 30 2020, 12:17:37 PM

I would say 1988-1989. Only six new musicals, none of which turned a buck, and the only two to run long and win Tonys were revues.

BroadwayWorld Book Club Week One Discussion Prompts: The Richard Rodgers Theatre
 Mar 30 2020, 12:13:22 PM

I saw In the Heights and Side Show at the Rodgers, and would like a revival of The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas. I'm looking forward to your take on Studio 54. Did you hear the song "Le Freak," which contains the line "Come on down/To the 54/Find a spot/Out on the floor"?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You