News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for theatrepersonNYC

Member Name: theatrepersonNYC
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SIX - Preview Thread
 Jun 29 2021, 01:06:42 PM

Sutton Ross said: "Wow, that's insane greed. I listed my ticket for October for $355 because they refused to make it any lower. It said "the average price in your section has a resale value of $508 so list between $350 and $1100". It was ridiculous."

Just out of curiosity - what was the face value of the ticket?

Very interesting NY Times article on how Australia is handling the reopening of theatres
 Mar 4 2021, 05:18:58 PM

Islander_fan said: "I don’t think that it is fair to single out one country for closing its boarders to keep things contained. Australia was not the only country to do that.

Also, there have been a good number of countries who instructed people to stay home in quarantine and had citizens who listened and followed through on that. But, not in America.

You are correct on the first count, but only Australia has refused the return of its OWN citizens, as part

Very interesting NY Times article on how Australia is handling the reopening of theatres
 Mar 4 2021, 02:14:42 PM

I think one of the other things about Australia is that by closing their borders, they have allowed tens of thousands of their own citizens stranded in foreign countries, often at risk, without visas, and broke.  If Australia had land borders, this alone would be considered a humanitarian crisis.  But for now, it's invisible, all in the name of "following the science".

I'll also add that Australia's good fortune is following a similar pattern of the enti

Broadway League To Announce Further Broadway Closure til May 30th
 Oct 9 2020, 11:29:26 AM

Broadway Joe said: "theatrepersonNYC said: "Princeton2 said: "Broadway seems a bit of a strange set up. It really seems.to be an all or nothing approach. Unlike in the UK where some shows are trying to run under social distancing and covid secure measures if they can (e.g. Sleepless, Six, Palladium Panto) plus some regional theatres are doing seasons of small cast plays and social distanced audiences.

To be fair, the Governor is the one keeping the v

Broadway League To Announce Further Broadway Closure til May 30th
 Oct 9 2020, 09:35:10 AM

Princeton2 said: "Broadway seems a bit of a strange set up. It really seems.to be an all or nothing approach. Unlike in the UK where some shows are trying to run under social distancing and covid secure measures if they can (e.g. Sleepless, Six, Palladium Panto) plus some regional theatres are doing seasons of small cast plays and social distanced audiences. 

To be fair, the Governor is the one keeping the venues closed, not the unions or the producers.  Kee

So, you think Broadway will re-open in March 2021? Sooner? Later?
 Oct 8 2020, 05:46:23 PM

Sutton Ross said: "I mean, maybe The Music Man starts first in May/June and slowly the other shows start open up through the Summer?"

No one - I repeat, no one - is opening until June 2, at the earliest. Most expect that to be pushed back again.

So, you think Broadway will re-open in March 2021? Sooner? Later?
 Oct 8 2020, 05:12:49 PM

June is the next date to be announced, but everyone thinks September is more realistic.

RandyWorld
 Aug 19 2020, 07:40:43 PM

Please don't lump all boomers together.  Not a single boomer I know would say that these tweets were not racist nor offensive. 

Moreover, none of them would say that the world or humor was different in 2010 - there is nothing in his tweets that were not just as racist or offensive in 2010 as they are today.

Nor in 1965, 1980, 1990, or 2000. Just ask a boomer.

IATSE Releases COVID Safety Guidelines For Broadway Return
 Jul 23 2020, 09:46:13 AM

Most commercial theaters won't open with social distancing restrictions. When they open with audience members sitting next to each other, they'll probably also have actors at dressing room stations next to each other."

Exactly.  

CEO of Equity Salary $400,000 while 99% of actors equity now unemployed
 Jul 10 2020, 03:57:28 PM

Nonsense.  The CEO's and Executive Directors are asking their staff, many of whom have had pay cuts, or have been forced to take furloughs, to process those loans.  The executive team may sign the documents, but they're not doing any of the actual work.

But hey, that's America.  Why should a pandemic make a difference?

Cuomo Snubs Broadway
 Apr 30 2020, 08:48:42 PM

One of the key issues is that until there is a safe, clean, functional and utilized subway system, everything else is secondary. 

I also work on Broadway - and the reality is that if  people can be on a subway that is crowded, sharing space to get to work or to the show, or home from a restaurant, then Broadway will function in the same way.

But until we can share a relatively tight space to get to work or to the show, or home from a restaurant, then the

Larry Kramer Takes on Trump Jordan Roth & More
 Apr 5 2020, 02:16:59 PM

Dear Harvey,

I adore you, but boy, you are way off-base.

You see, Steve and Jordan Roth ARE corporate America.  Vornado is a publicly traded company on the NYSE.  Steve backed Trump because he could profit from him and his tax cuts and his corporatized Supreme Court.  Damn Trump's incompetence, has racism, his homophobia - profit is what Steve does, and he sure has profited!  And those profits are what allows Jordan to do what he does: be born into a weal

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You