News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for broadwaystarlett

broadwaystarlett Profile Photo
Member Name: broadwaystarlett
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Les Miz - Nine
 Mar 30 2004, 02:12:28 PM
Favorite ever... holds my record for longest personal favourite at over a year and a half... The Last Five Years. It's just absoluetely beautiful and a testament to the human condition.
Jason Robert Brown's Music of....
 Mar 30 2004, 01:04:34 PM
Does ANYONE know where I can get a copy of Jason Robert Brown's "Music of Heaven". He says it's his finest peice of work but there's no official recording. I had the opportunity to download it once on Kazaa, and brushed it off because I was just a novice JRB fan at that point. Someone please come to the rescue!!!
re: re: re: Songs For A New World
 Aug 4 2003, 03:17:39 AM
By traditional I meant that its a true blue musical. Musically, I agree it was experimental and hell I liked the music well enough, but I prefered L5Y and SFANW because I felt the soul of every man and woman of the world. Parade like other format musicals was more about ordinary people in extraoridnary circumstances than ordinary people in ordinary circumstance. Its hard to explain what I mean, but I was in no way bashing Parade. Sorry if it came off that way.
Dream Role.... What's Yours?
 Aug 3 2003, 04:41:08 AM
What's the role you would most want to play if you ever got a chance?

My pick is Cathy from The Last Five Years. Aside from the music being oh so incredible and its being wonderful in the vocal complexity area, she's just a very dynamic character in reverse. How much she changes because of this relationship. In correct sequence, she goes from being ambitious and hopeful to depressive and self-pitying. Love the change. Love the music. Love JRB.

-<3->

PS --> No one said that

re: Which Musical Theater/Broadway Character do you relate to the most?
 Aug 3 2003, 04:35:36 AM
Daisy from Side Show. She never quite fit the mold of society (hell... what siamese twin does? [i don't have a problem with conjoined twins, don't worry]) but her ambitions outweigh her life's problems. She has a clear idea of what she wants from life and has no reservations about doing whatever it takes to make those dreams come true, even if it means getting burnt in the process.

Second runner-up: Cathy. Last Five Years. Why? Because she was a small town girl with big hopes. Towards th

re: Songs For A New World
 Aug 3 2003, 04:27:30 AM
Told you so. lol....
The best kinds of shows are the ones you not only feel have your heart clenched in their hands but also wanna be like "HEY! I WANNA HIT THAT NOTE!" :-P Jason Robert Brown is god and a gift to music. There's nothing I don't like by him... I'll even settle for Parade though it was a little traditional for my taste.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You