News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for lc1965

lc1965 Profile Photo
Member Name: lc1965
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Acting class advice
 Oct 24 2004, 12:26:49 AM
you should look into studios like hb or seek out a private teacher. they're not that dogmatic about age.
re: Belasco Theatre question
 Oct 12 2004, 12:50:11 AM
The seats at the Belasco are no better or worse than any other theatre. I will say this, though... for Dracula you NEED to get seats in the center orchestra. I'm usually very big on the front mezz, but I swear no one on the production team bothered to check sightlines from anywhere but the center orch. If you're anywhere else all the effects are ruined by being able to see into the wings & down trap doors.
re: Dracula-Tom Hewitt out sick???
 Oct 2 2004, 01:16:14 AM
you're more likely to see graham rowat than chuck, but graham has a stunning voice, so how bad is that?
re: Up and Coming Broadway Directors?
 Sep 26 2004, 10:12:28 PM
I don't know what's on his plate, but Brad Rouse is looking promising. He is currently working on his own projects and assists Hal Prince on his work. Talented in his own right & a darned nice guy.
re: A Mini Review Of Flea Market
 Sep 19 2004, 07:21:43 PM
I think the flea market has become a rather sad affair. About 10 years ago (has it been THAT long??) it was terrific fun -- tons of tables, lots of planning by the various shows, great creativity & a true sense of community. You also came away feeling as if you got a bargain on a unique item. It eventually became a bake sale & then a book sale & now just sort of give-us-your-money-because-it's-a-good-charity sale. I go every year I remember -- but don't always remember anymore. That's anoth
Dracula made its, ummm, coffin.
 Sep 17 2004, 10:09:30 PM
i'm not saying that word of mouth won't sell tickets -- i'm saying that a petition is not word of mouth. it's preaching to the converted.
re: Save Dracula!!!!
 Sep 17 2004, 09:43:40 PM
petitions don't save shows -- ticket sales do!
re: ericco still out?
 Sep 16 2004, 09:58:56 AM
I will agree -- Elizabeth is just terrific. Vocally great & very warm, inviting way about her that makes you really CARE what happens to her.
re: avenue q karaoke
 Sep 16 2004, 02:59:57 AM
Hey Avenue QT! THAT'S MY SHOW!!!! Ooooo, I'm so psyched that you had such a good time. Yeah, I remember you, too, you rocked. Thanks. And, PLEASE ... TELL YOUR FRIENDS!!
re: The Next Coming of Cher--Frank Wildhorn!
 Sep 13 2004, 04:55:55 AM
Actually, CurtainUP, STOKER based Dracula on Vlad the Impaler & his bloody deeds. Having said that, I never saw the film, so don't know how Coppola linked them in the story.
re: Lyrics That Make You Hurl
 Sep 13 2004, 12:47:48 AM
well, now i disagree on that one. it's not meant to show her changing her mind, but to show that she doesn't quite know WHAT she wants. i often say something w/ convinction & then say, "wait, no, that's not entirely true, because you see...." a lot of people hate that line, tho.
re: What are premium seats?
 Sep 13 2004, 12:36:42 AM
They're considered special, I guess, because every time you see a film adaptation of some so-called "period" piece, they're sitting in a box at the theatre or the opera looking very wealthy & chic. I often have people tell me "It must be really cool to sit there" or who ask "How do you get THOSE seats?" I have to explain that they're almost always horribly obstructed & SHOULD be the cheapest seats in the house. Once people take a closer look they usually realize why the boxes aren't very desi
re: Based on BWAY on BWAY Who will get thumbs up?&DOWN?
 Sep 13 2004, 12:05:03 AM
Don't know what you're asking. What does Bway on Bway have to do with who is hot & who's not?
re: The Next Coming of Cher--Frank Wildhorn!
 Sep 13 2004, 12:02:06 AM
I think Dracula doesn't quite succeed (although I enjoy, if not love, it) for the same reason Phantom fails for me as well as any number of other shows -- I just don't care what happens to any of the characters except may Lucy's suitors, all of whom seem like pretty nice guys, & maybe Jonathan Harker! They are not central to the story, though, so they don't count. Successful theatre is largely about moving people's emotions. Theatrics, well, that's a different story altogether. And Dracula i
re: Icon Help!
 Sep 12 2004, 11:55:00 PM
right-click -- choose "save as" & then save to your files. you can save to disk as well.
re: Lyrics That Make You Hurl
 Sep 12 2004, 11:53:59 PM
hurling is very undignified & certainly awkward in a crowded theatre -- i have, however, been known to retch silently at some lyrics, such as most of poor veanne cox's lines in caroline & some of dear tom hewitt's lines in dracula (a mere peccadillo indeed)
 Sep 12 2004, 11:48:32 PM
maybe your claim is stronger than mine!
 Sep 12 2004, 11:09:58 PM
Well, generally rows 5-12 in center orchestra, although any show directed by someone like Hal Prince who knows how to use the whole proscenium is best seen from the front mezz. House seats tend to be places like the 4th row on the left or right side of the center aisle w/ only a few in the center of the reserved -- thanks, but no thanks. At Nine I mostly saw people's backs, at Hairspray I mostly saw their ankles, & at Les Miserables I mostly saw their makeup melt & their facial hair glue come
re: Opening Night
 Sep 12 2004, 02:48:11 AM
Weeeeellll, that's not entirely true anymore. I've been to opening nights that were JUST like any other night (or more boring) & to opening nights that were just huge. These days it's mostly just an official distinction, plus there's a party for the investors, cast, crew, etc.
re: show veterans
 Sep 12 2004, 01:54:13 AM
I have worked on the FOH staffs for several long-term shows (so I saw then repeatedly over a long time) & can say quite honestly that, most of the time, audiences generally have not the foggiest idea when a performer is going through the motions. Cats is a prime example -- by the middle of the run, you simply couldn't understand what the performers were singing or why the audience was supposed to buy them as cats, other than the fur & makeup. As for the Les Miserables situation, I thought the
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You