News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for StageLight

Member Name: StageLight
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

If You Could Cast Judy Garland In a Broadway Show?
 Oct 5 2020, 03:41:12 PM

Other than Judy Holiday, who better to star in "Bells Are Ringing" than Judy Garland. Her sense of comic timing and that voice are so well suited for it. Besides, when she sang, "Just In Time" with that terrific arrangement that had her modulating her singing no one could have done it better.

The Boys in the Band to premiere on Netflix, Wed. 9/30
 Oct 3 2020, 01:55:27 AM

I just found the original as such a downer. I hope there's something positive from this.

What musical are you listening to/have listened to in quarantine?
 Oct 3 2020, 01:52:47 AM

I've been listening to "No Strings", a show ahead of it's time and certainly apt for today. Also, the off broadway revival of "Best Foot Forward" with Liza Minnelli. They really pulled that one off well.

If You Could Cast Judy Garland In a Broadway Show?
 Oct 3 2020, 01:32:56 AM

Judy in "Follies" singing either "Losing My Mind" or "I'm Still Here".and of course as Mama Rose in"Gypsy"!

Anyone Know This Musical?
 Jul 28 2020, 10:47:48 AM

That's it! Thank you!

Jul 28 2020, 09:13:47 AM

I  don't know what it was about. I only had the recording and yes, it wall in Italian I'm sure.

Jul 28 2020, 06:08:05 AM

There was an musical imported from Italy in the 60's and I believe there was a translation in English put up on a screen (?). Anyway it had one of the most beautiful and haunting songs. I had the recording but lost it, and I can't remember the name of the musical. Anyone know?

What musical are you listening to/have listened to in quarantine?
 Jul 28 2020, 06:03:13 AM

Classics for me too and some which didn't do well e.g., "Kwamina". Love Sally Ann Howes singing, "Another Time, Another Place". Also "Sweet Charity", "Seesaw", "Dear World" to name a few as well off Broadway recordings of "Best Foot Forward" and "The Fantasticks",

Why the hate for moulin rouge
 Jul 28 2020, 05:45:56 AM

Haven't seen the show but hated the movie. Once Nicole Kidman started writhing all over the floor and screaming I couldn't take any more and wanted to leave. That scene was milked dry.

Funny Girl Broadway HD Jittery??
 Jul 28 2020, 05:33:06 AM

Can you link this please. I'd like to see it.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You