News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for toottoot

Member Name: toottoot
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Albums that should be made into Musicals
 Apr 28 2024, 12:30:14 PM
  • DeVotchKA, How It Ends
  • Spiritualized, Ladies and Gentlemen we are floating in Space
  • Rodriguez, Cold Fact

Oklahoma subtext
 Aug 29 2020, 07:51:20 PM

Having worked on the production for a bit before its run at St. Anne's, I can confirm that the tension between Jud and Curly being interpreted as homoerotic is not all that unintended. But the interpretation otherwise is not unwelcome either. Whether or not that was changed at all between its run in Brooklyn and Broadway is something I cannot comment on as I opted seeing it in Brooklyn with the anticipation I'd see it on Broadway (long story why). My understanding was that the product

Randy Rainbow
 Aug 25 2020, 01:18:23 AM

Considering he then went to say the word "tranny" after it was explicitly said that it's not a word for him to say, I wouldn't put it past him to take you up on your offer. 

Randy Rainbow
 Aug 23 2020, 04:52:56 PM

CarlosAlberto said: "toottoot said: "Trans person here: yeah, don't use the "t" word unless you're a god damn TGNC individual. Full f'ing stop."

toot toot hey...beep beep..

"

heeeey  

Randy Rainbow
 Aug 23 2020, 04:52:14 PM

joevitus said: "As a gay man who has had a fair share of homophobic slurs directedhim throughhis over 50 years on earth,let me say, and speaking just for myself, to be clear:

I am sick of the childish "only we in this group can use this word!" nonsense. .
"

Get thee to a doctor, comrade, and take some medicine or something then. But don't think I'm giving you or anyone else slack for it. 

Randy Rainbow
 Aug 22 2020, 10:55:36 PM

Trans person here: yeah, don't use the "t" word unless you're a god damn TGNC individual. Full f'ing stop. 

If You Could Give a Concert of Ten Theatre Songs, What is Your Set?
 Aug 18 2020, 02:27:16 PM

Clearly, I thought about this for a minute. It's more than 10 songs, but instead, 10 sets. I'd do it with a proper 4-piece band + some string guests ala Nirvana Unplugged. Occasionally I'd talk to the audience. It would be very odd. The finale would intentionally be meant to leave people befuddled and unsure if the show is over or not. I'd perform is as if Jeff Buckley and Edith Piaf had a baby and that baby grew up and decided to sing showtunes. The only really genuine part w

Diana going to Netflix
 Aug 7 2020, 06:11:46 PM

That trickster Eauity at it again! 

I do love this concept though. Broadway having an open sign that they can just flip on for Netflix, so business resumes as per usual except theaters stay closed apparently. Diana, whoever she is, is filmed. They close up shop. Grrr at least open the theaters so people can get exposed to this thing!!!!!!! Eauity!!!!!!!!!!

Roles synonymous with an actor BUT didn’t win the Tony
 Aug 5 2020, 10:03:53 PM

Jarethan said: "I think you pointed out some truly appropriate names at the end; however,your earlier names were sort of N/A. Ellen Greene and John Cameron Mitchell never played Broadway, so they were not eligible. Not sure if that was the intention of the subject -- I assumed they would at least need to be eligible for a Tony to be mentioned. I may be wrong here, but I do not recall that Tim Curry ever played on Broadway in Rocky Horror."

Sure - I ackn

Aug 5 2020, 07:34:01 PM

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "^JCM was rewarded with a honorary Tony in 2015, so that's great

!!!  how did I somehow totally miss this...? thank you for sharing! 

Aug 5 2020, 05:04:01 PM

Tim Curry in The Rocky Horror Show

Ellen Greene in Little Shop of Horrors and John Cameron Mitchell in Hedwig and the Angry Inch - though, in both cases, they originated their respective roles off-broadway, and JCM would serve as a replacement in the Hedwig revival. Nevertheless, they both have a pretty remarkable stamp on their characters and sadly were never awarded for it. 

I suppose Gwen Verdon in Sweet Charit

Phantom to change to
 Jul 21 2020, 12:36:58 PM

Lot666 said: "toottoot said: "I opted to ask around, and someone involved with the Broadway production said they understand that it's only planned for the London production. Of course, caution that it is all a bunch of hearsay. But that's what I learned, fwiw."

I've heard the opposite from NY cast members.
"

Iiiiiiiiinteresting. I'm going to personally withhold which area of production my sources are from, but I'll sim

Heroes of the Fourth Turning
 Jul 20 2020, 09:27:48 PM

InTheBathroom1 said: "Was it just me or was that like really bad?

Performances are great but written so poorly. People don’t talk like that, especially conservatives. The fact that it was a Pulitzer finalist is baffling.
"

That's not just you. It's a disaster of a play. 

Phantom to change to
 Jul 20 2020, 09:03:50 PM

I opted to ask around, and someone involved with the Broadway production said they understand that it's only planned for the London production. Of course, caution that it is all a bunch of hearsay. But that's what I learned, fwiw.

Heroes of the Fourth Turning
 Jul 18 2020, 08:38:51 PM

lachri5 said: "Is it just me or it hasn't started? I'm seeing a black screen with repeated recording of birds chirping"

That's it. That's the whole play.

Actors who revived their starring roles on Broadway?
 Jul 18 2020, 08:37:05 PM

nmartin said: "toottoot: "Not really a starring role, nor did she originate it, but Lonette McKee would appear as Julie LaVerne in both revivals ofShow Boatthat occurred in the late 20th century. It seems to follow a pattern as a great many actors from the original production subsequently appeared in a revival several years later, including Paul Robeson and Helen Morgan."

Paul Robeson was not in the original Broadway production of Show Boat

Broadway Musicals with a Solo Piano Orchestration
 Jul 18 2020, 08:29:26 PM

Sticking with off-broadway, Gutenberg! The Musical! employed a lone piano player for the orchestra. 

If the cast recordings are any indication, Forbidden Broadway only ever uses a solo pianist. But I'd be curious to hear if they ever fleshed it out more for the live show.

Actors who revived their starring roles on Broadway?
 Jul 17 2020, 03:07:03 PM

Richard Kiley returned to Man of La Mancha several times after the original Broadway production.

Not really a starring role, nor did she originate it, but Lonette McKee would appear as Julie LaVerne in both revivals of Show Boat that occurred in the late 20th century. It seems to follow a pattern as a great many actors from the original production subsequently appeared in a revival several years later, including Paul Robeson and Helen Morgan.

What are Female Heavy Plays with a Male Lead?
 Jul 15 2020, 09:47:52 PM

Boeing-Boeing 

What Are Great Musical Roles That Don’t Sing Much
 Jul 15 2020, 09:37:42 PM

Everyone in Contact for sure! (h'yuk yuk) Most/all of these are supporting roles though. 

First that comes to mind is the Narrator / Mysterious Man track in Into the Woods. A great role, and is essential to 4 songs in particular, only actively singing in 2 of them ("No More" being the one with the biggest emotional impact). It's a role that has often gone "Rex Harrison" in casting. I know the Mysterious Man

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You