News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Bwaybabie

Bwaybabie Profile Photo
Member Name: Bwaybabie
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Win Tickets to Jackson and Wallach's Life in the Theatre
 May 31 2006, 04:48:30 PM
http://broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=10044

All the answers to this quiz relate to Eli Wallach and Anne Jackson. The winner will be selected from correct entries received no later than noon, Wednesday June 7, e-mailed to csbcontest@gmail.com. All correct entries will receive an exclusive discount code for tickets to the event. The Grand Prize winner will receive two orchestra seat tickets to A Life in the Theatre - Onstage and Off, a tribute to the Wallachs at Symphony Space on Monday, June 19, and two autographed copies of Eli's new autobiography, 'The Good, the Bad and Me.' Details about the event are at www.characterstudies.net, on the Home Page, or at www.SymphonySpace.org, listed by date of the event. The winner will be announced here on Thursday, June 8.

re: Movie that would make great musical adaptation
 Mar 15 2006, 08:03:44 PM
I saw Woody Allen's Bullets Over Broadway again the other day, and it just screamed musical to me.

The dialogue is witty, the characters are colorful and poignant (even the dumbbell actress played by Jennifer Tilly!) and it could have a great 20s pastiche score. And of course, it's set in the theatre world. (Anyone for Debra Monk as Helen Sinclair?)

re: 'Take Me Out' in DC
 May 23 2005, 10:38:43 PM
Hi,

I saw the production on Sunday. While I liked the production more than Dottie did overall, I definitely agree there were some characterizations that fell back on stereotype. I also thought the direction in act 1 was kind of iffy but got better in act 2.

Rick Foucheux was hilarious as Mars, but he could tone himself down a bit. Then again, he might not be quite as funny if he did!

I never saw the Broadway production, alas, so all I had to go on was my knowledge t

re: this made me smile, don't look if you can't take a wicked related joke
 Sep 21 2004, 03:03:32 AM
Hi!

Wow, I had NO idea that something I wrote for the amusement of myself and a few friends would end up on here! I'm glad that the majority of most of you who posted enjoyed the parody!

I don't hate Idina or anything...I just find her mannerisms ripe for parodying. I write the things when I'm bored--my latest is a Donna Murphy, and I love her!

Anyway, thanks again!

Maya

re: re: re: re: re: Sound Clips for the Board
 Jan 10 2004, 02:54:18 AM
But of course I agree!

Seany has a wonderful voice!

re: re: BOUNCE IN D.C.
 Oct 21 2003, 12:36:42 PM
I'll be there at this Saturday's matinee. I think I'm sitting in the balcony, Row G, with a couple of my girlfriends.

If anyone wants to say hi, you can't miss me. I'll be the dark-haired chick restlessly searching for sightings of Sondheim in the audience.

re: re: re: re: So whats everyones icon???
 Oct 9 2003, 02:16:38 PM
Thanks for the link, Daisy! Her website is great...I'd only known about the one at Sh-ka-Boom.
re: re: german musicals
 Oct 9 2003, 02:14:56 PM
I think Dance of the Vampires was a German musical at first. Though I don't speak German and can't for the life of me remember the German title.

I'd like to know why David Hasselhoff is so popular over there.

re: re: re: re: So whats everyones icon???
 Oct 9 2003, 12:33:39 PM
When did Alice shoot that photo you had up before? That woman must WORK OUT! What I would DO for those abs.

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: who in what roles
 Oct 9 2003, 01:19:50 AM
Haha! Daisy, you make a damn good argument! And you're totally right...La Pawk is a gorgeous woman, so any Mama Morton can be gorgeous too.

Can't wait to see Bounce! ::)

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: who in what roles
 Oct 9 2003, 12:04:57 AM
Ohh...Stokes would be a great Trevor Graydon!

Daisy--that was my thought about Alice and Emily never doing Chicago...neither one's dancing matches her vocal and acting skills! I thought Alice would be the better Roxie because she has that comic sexy vulnerability thing going on and Emily has always seemed earthier to me. But I agree...she could totally do either role no sweat! Em is too pretty though to be Mama I think, although she could totally sing it to little bitty pieces.

re: re: So whats everyones icon???
 Oct 8 2003, 11:58:16 PM
Mine is of the ridiculously talented Carolee Carmello as Kate in Kiss Me Kate.
re: re: re: re: re: who in what roles
 Oct 8 2003, 07:39:57 PM
Interesting choices, Stevos! :)

I would also like to see Alice as Roxie and Emily as Velma. And that is my dream that will never be fulfilled

re: re: re: who in what roles
 Oct 8 2003, 04:18:53 PM
Roles Stokes SHOULD play:

Hajj in a Kismet revival
King Arthur in Camelot
Henry Higgins
Billy Bigelow (Imagining him singing Sililoquy is giving me shivers)

Roles Stokes should NOT play

Max Bialystock
Seymour Kregborn
Horace Vandergelder

re: Broadway.com Says No Jenna Elfman tomorrow
 Oct 6 2003, 01:45:58 PM
Hmmm...I'm sure Sarah Gettlefinger IS very good, but if I've ever seen the need for a stage name....
re: The Boyfriend
 Oct 3 2003, 08:57:03 PM
It's funny you should ask that! Today, I was in the studio audience for a Julie Andrews interview and she talked about the Boyfriend.

I do believe the run is over, but Dame Julie said that there has been some talk of perhaps transferring it later to off-Broadway or to Broadway. Of course, it's only talk right now.

She loved her first experience as a director by the way! PM me if you'd like more info! :)

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Vibrato... who do you think has the best and the worst??
 Oct 1 2003, 04:24:32 PM
Hahaha....ohmigod, I'm never going to be able to say that word now without laughing. Vibra...*snickers uncontrollably*
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Vibrato... who do you think has the best and the worst??
 Oct 1 2003, 04:02:43 PM
Daisy Hilton, we're obviously never going to see eye to eye on the Alice Is-She-Or-Isn't-She-The-Greatest-Belter-Of-Her-Time? issue, but it's okay, haha. I still think you kick ass :)
re: re: Vibrato... who do you think has the best and the worst??
 Oct 1 2003, 12:22:34 PM
Agree that Alice has a splendid vibrato. Sutton Foster's amazes me...so natural and so sustained.

Liza's, much as I love her, is getting a bit wobbly. Then again, she's Liza so she can get away with it.

re: re: re: re: re: Just want some opinions...
 Sep 30 2003, 01:11:39 PM
I love the OCR of Urinetown, although I wish they would re-record it with Carolee Carmello's Pennywise (much as I love Nancy Opel--no offense to her)!

I agree that Christine Andreas' voice is an acquired taste.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You