News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jemjeb2

Member Name: jemjeb2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Help! re: TKTS if you can.  Sep 19 2015, 09:28:19 PM

Thanks, folks - I'm feeling like there's a good chance we'll see our first choice. I appreciate the help.

Help! re: TKTS if you can.  Sep 19 2015, 04:52:18 PM

My group of four out-of-towners REALLY wants to see "The King and I" next Tuesday evening (9/22) and plan on trying through TKTS as the site shows it has been listed lately. The Times Square location opens at 2:00 for that night's performance and I am wondering how soon a line begins for tickets and how early we should get there to have a chance for available seats. Are some show's tickets not available at the start of sales and then a

Remy Zaken too Old for Anne Frank?  Sep 7 2015, 01:33:15 PM

dramamama611 said: "Yes.

Lol.  Liar, liar pants on fire!

Remy Zaken too Old for Anne Frank?  Sep 7 2015, 01:29:07 PM

FishermanBob said: "@jemjeb2 I wasn't the one who said she was actually 16 at the time. That was a quote from someone else. Please try harder to keep up.

"

Yes - I got that. I was referring to your, "wow, Jeffrey thanks for the correction....etc" and my point is the same.  My comment was placed at the wrong place in the quoted message.

Remy Zaken too Old for Anne Frank?  Sep 7 2015, 10:53:47 AM

dramamama611 said: "Most people in the audience won't know or care about her real age. Lots of those that DO, still won't care..as king as her acting and look are "right".8

You're VERY well informed. Was a survey taken to determine how "most" feel?

"

Remy Zaken too Old for Anne Frank?  Sep 7 2015, 10:50:25 AM

FishermanBob said: "Jeffrey Karasarides said: "I actually saw Natalie Portman play her on Broadway back in the late '90s and she was great. I think she was 46 at the time so it may work out in the 

She was actually 16 at the time.

Um, Fish, we got it. Your sarcasm on this one was slightly lame.

Remy Zaken too Old for Anne Frank?  Sep 5 2015, 10:14:44 AM

I agree with the OP. While true that an actress can "look" young and act the part (and yes, theatrical distance helps too) and we can employ willing suspension of disbelief, if I were in the audience and knew teenage Anne was played by an actor closer to thirty than twenty, it would likely be a distraction, if in the back of my mind. If they could find a talented 16 yr old Natalie Portman, why not find a talented more age appropriate actress for this production.&

RIP Dean Jones  Sep 2 2015, 09:10:59 PM

Marian The Librarian said: "RIP Dean Jones. He passed away on Tuesday from Parkinson's disease. The Company OBCR will always be one of my favorites.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/dean-jones-dead-disney-actor-819867

Had the chance to work with him once -very nice man. His Bobby IS the definitive one. I have to say though, much as I am grateful that the documentary on the making of the OCR exists, I can't stand the way much is filmed. The shooting of "Being Alive" is exceptionally atrocious. Do we really need to stare at the actor's tonsils in giant closeup for almost the entire song? I would guess that even during a recording session an actor is visually performing somewhat with his whole body - arms, hands maybe at least. I felt robbed of seeing that and a little uncomfortable just staring in closeup at the performer's face for the entire number. That said - what a performance!

"

Neil Patrick Harris Appreciation Thread  Aug 25 2015, 10:14:04 AM

Liza's Headband said: "Why does there even need to be an appreciation thread for anyone? 

Need? There is no "need" for any appreciation thread, anymore than there is any "need" for a Broadway Message Board in the first place.

"

Glenn Close To Reprise Role in ENO's  Jul 24 2015, 11:19:56 AM

I saw Glenn Close perform it twice during its LA run and I loved her and the show. Patti may have outsung her, but I was glad I saw Glenn act it.

I must say though that the second time I saw it (I was sitting behind Shelley Winters! I can report that she was enthusiastic.) Glenn's performance seemed much more  "amped" up, but there HAD been a major aftershock that day from that big LA quake from earlier that week.We were jolted from the aftershock on our drive to the Shubert a

The Color Purple Announcement Today  Jul 1 2015, 10:55:31 AM
"I'd see Gypsy four times before I saw this once. "

And 100 times before I'd ever watch Grease again.

The Color Purple Announcement Today  Jul 1 2015, 10:53:22 AM
"I don't think there has ever been a less necessary revival in the history of Broadway. "

Or a less necessary comment.

The Color Purple Announcement Today  Jul 1 2015, 10:51:26 AM
"I feel sorry for the people paying Broadway prices to watch Jennifer Hudson not-act onstage. "

I

I feel sorry for old hags who find it necessary to be so sourly waspish (as usual).

Ring of keys  Jun 9 2015, 12:16:29 PM

"And interesting to read in the Times today that there was an uptick in sales for FUN HOME on-line right after Lucas's transcendent Tony performance.  Art doing its job. Illuminating, enlightening. Sometimes, gasp, even selling seats. "

Must have been a stampede of key wearing lesbians rushing to buy tickets...

Sondheim's view on Fun Home?  Jun 9 2015, 11:50:39 AM

"He is of a different generation, it shouldn't be surprising that he was not comfortable writing of it."

Exactly. And it certainly would not have been a commercial move in that era either - usually a bottom line.

2015 Tony complaints  Jun 9 2015, 11:38:42 AM

"Is this that thing where one female can't be praised without knocking another?"

What does gender have to do with it? There are plenty of he was better than him rants around here.

tony awards rant  Jun 9 2015, 11:33:42 AM

"Anti-lesbian bias specifically.  There I wrote it."

And then there's pro- lesbian bias.

2015 Tony complaints  Jun 9 2015, 11:19:08 AM

"Why, she's already a better actress then Kendrick.  By a long shot.  Of course, we may find that this is her peak -- but I certainly hope not."

Based on her Tony performance? No, not by a long shot.

Stupid Tonys  Jun 4 2015, 12:14:01 PM

""Road voters" (i.e. voters that do not live/work in New York City) only make up about 10-12% of the tony voter pool.  The "road vote" factor is almost always exaggerated on this board.  While people do vote because they want to help a possible tour, shows do not win solely because of possible tours. 
RE: Avenue Q:  Q won because of the explosive and revolutionary (at the time) "vote your heart" campaign.  While it gets more and more

Best Flop You Ever Saw  Jun 4 2015, 11:42:14 AM

The first show I saw was not on Broadway, but was in Boston, trying out. I LOVED "Hot September" the musical version of "Picnic". It closed and never went to NYC. I don't know if it was because it was my very first "Broadway" show or if my love was misplaced on a not very good  show, but I still remember how much I enjoyed the songs, dance numbers, performers etc. It  was definitely my favorite flop!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You