News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JACXR71

JACXR71 Profile Photo
Member Name: JACXR71
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Thoughts on 'The Little Dog Laughed?'  Feb 18 2007, 09:01:12 PM
Rath (or anyone else that was at the show today) - did they do anything special? How were the performances?
Still debating whether or not to see Little Dog? Give it a shot...  Feb 14 2007, 11:39:43 PM
I know that most people on the boards have made their opinions on the show pretty clear at this point. I thought about just bumping the "Thoughts on Little Dog Laughed" post, but figured the show's closing on Sunday, what's one more post.

As the subject indicates, this is mostly directed at people still wondering if they should catch it before it closes. I'm not here to disagree with the folks who didn't like it, and I know there are plenty. But I had the chance to see it tonight

re: Why don't casting directors want to hear songs from the show that's bei  Jan 23 2007, 09:43:38 AM
So is it understood that it's frowned upon in open calls? Or does it just hurt your chances, like Jerby said.

And thanks for all the responses, btw. Very interesting.

Why don't casting directors want to hear songs from the show that's being auditioned?  Jan 23 2007, 09:32:47 AM
Seeing all these "what should I sing" threads has made me wonder - Why don't they want people to just sings songs from the actual show?

I obviously don't know much about the professional audition process, and I understand that they want to see people's ranges/versatility, but how much does that matter compared to how good they sound/look doing the actual role in question?

re: Rosie O'Donnell seeing Spring Awakening  Jan 16 2007, 04:43:35 PM
People can say what they want about the show, but there is no denying that those two are insanely adorable! If I were the "squeeing" type...
re: WHERE TO EAT???  Jan 12 2007, 10:43:21 AM
Whoops, double post...
re: WHERE TO EAT???  Jan 12 2007, 10:41:13 AM
9th Avenue has TONS of affordable, great places. Eatery, VYNL, to name a few.
re: Spring Awakening Quesions.  Jan 11 2007, 10:26:40 PM
Mtay, check your PMs
re: Ticket to Spring Awakening this Sunday Afternoon  Jan 11 2007, 10:16:21 PM
demo, check your PMs.
re: SPRING AWAKENING cast performs twice tomorrow!  Jan 10 2007, 08:51:12 PM
So...who went to Virgin? I was supposed to go but had to work Can't wait to hear about it!
re: Goldstar Events  Jan 8 2007, 04:25:24 PM
Used Goldstar for Lion King - $50, row T, center orch. Great deal!
re: last show you saw in 2006  Jan 5 2007, 11:38:42 AM
Spring Awakening, Dec 31. The cast all came out in 2007 glasses
re: Les Mis & 'How I Met Your Mother'  Dec 1 2006, 02:21:34 PM
Here's a clip of it... (ETA: a LEGIT clip)

http://gawker.com/news/clips/your-friday-afternoon-musical-theatre-break-218613.php

re: Broadway names pronunciation  Nov 27 2006, 11:17:12 AM
Bump

Manoel Felciano - Fell-chee-ah-no? Fell-see-ah-no?

Michael Berresse - Buh-RESS-ee? BEAR-uh-see? Buh-RESS?

Charlotte D'Amboise - D-ambwah? D-ambwahz?

re: Top Chef!  Nov 9 2006, 09:18:23 AM
Ok folks, who watched last night? Anyone else annoyed that they conveniently forgot it's a reality show, where EVERYTHING is filmed at all times, and they could have easily gotten to the bottom of the situation by reviewing the tapes?

I hate Betty more and more with each episode...

re: Penn Station Question  Nov 6 2006, 03:11:48 PM
"Pennsylvania Station does store luggage, but the facility can be hard to find. Do ask a uniformed Amtrak employee for assistance at the station if you have difficulty finding it. Generally, you need to be able to present a train ticket to use this service, but not always. Costs are moderate. This option is most useful if you intend to travel via Amtrak, or if you will take NJ Transit/AirTrain to Newark Airport."

Luggage Storage in NYC - nyc.com visitor's guide
http://www.nyc.com/visitor_guide/Luggage_storage.75878/editorial.aspx

re: Love is what we do! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread.  Nov 4 2006, 03:59:03 PM
Hey guys - just wanted to pop in and say that I saw the show for the first time last night, and thought it was great! After seeing it, I don't really understand why it gets attacked so much on the boards. If you appreciate it for what it is, it's a really enjoyable show with some incredibly talented performers.

So, I didn't want to create a new thread, but I did want to share how much I enjoyed it! I'll be sad to see it go.

Hasselhoff to star in Vegas 'Producers?'  Nov 2 2006, 10:01:32 AM
I know Page Six isn't always a reliable source, but figured this was worth a mention. Would he be Bloom or Bialystock?

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11022006/gossip/pagesix/we_hear_______pagesix_.htm

re: Schools for Communication/Theater with strong theater departments  Oct 25 2006, 10:40:30 AM
Ditto Northwestern - I was a Communications major and worked in the theater dept, so let me know if you have any questions!

re: Are there any pop stars you WOULD like to see in Bway show?  Oct 18 2006, 03:07:28 PM
Anyone else heard the recording of Alanis and Kristin singing "For Good?" She was pretty decent IMO.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You