News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MerylLeavel

Member Name: MerylLeavel
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Ryan & Uzele to lead NEW YORK, NEW YORK On Broadway
 Mar 25 2023, 02:36:26 AM

I guess I’ll be the first contrarian. The book is so weak that all the luster and production values are not enough to cover it. There is practically no plot interesting enough to follow. The show is just one bit production number after another, which is impressive and good, but then you remember that this is not a revue and should be a book musical. Some numbers do nothing to advance the plot.

I will agree that the two leads are truly great and giving it their all, but they have

LEOPOLDSDTADT Rush?
 Jan 13 2023, 03:21:51 PM

I went today to inquire about cheapest tickets (non-rush) and got $89 partial view mezzanine side tix. They also had balcony full view at $89.

Netflix's THE PROM trailer premieres 10/22
 Dec 1 2020, 04:22:17 PM

barcelona20 said: "LizzieCurry said: "Maybe this will help, unless you're being purposely obtuse, which is hardly a rare thing in online interactions.

"Forget the whole case-by-case thing: No more straight actors playing gay men until the sins of The Prom are properly atoned for. Murphy, a gay man, has led some straight actors into fertile gay territory before, like Darren Criss in The Assassination of Gianni Versace. But Corden, flitting and lisping around in the most uninspired of caricatures, misses all potential for nuance, and thus never finds even a hint of truth in the role. And this is in a movie that’s supposed to be about empowering queer people!"

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2020/12/the-prom-movie-review-james-corden
"

It's hard to say since none of us have seen the movie yet, but is this much different than the way Brooks played it on Broadway? I'd say no.
"

Brooks is an openly gay man

Netflix's THE PROM trailer premieres 10/22
 Nov 30 2020, 05:24:03 PM

n2nbaby said: "CT2NYC said: "Earlier today, someone posted a bootleg of "It's Not About Me" on here, which, of course, has since been deleted, and the line is there. It's "We are liberals from Broadway.""

Aww, man.. I always miss the good stuff.
"

DM’d you 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You