News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for K-MO

K-MO Profile Photo
Member Name: K-MO
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

OLC "Evita" Understudy/Alternate Mystery
 Sep 18 2023, 10:08:46 AM

Wonderful! Thank you so much for your help. Fascinating chats in this video...

Sep 17 2023, 08:20:50 PM

This is super niche but thought this board may have some excellent minds who know this stuff.

I am doing "Evita" research and finding contradictions in my research regarding the original London company!! Andrew Lloyd Webber says in his memoir that Michelle Breeze was Elaine Paige's first cover/understudy, but Robert Seller's book "When The British Musical Ruled the World" (while interviewing her) says it was Susannah Fellows. Were they both covers before

Sep 17 2023, 08:08:14 PM

This is super niche but thought this board may have some excellent minds who know this stuff.

I am doing "Evita" research and finding contradictions in my research regarding the original London company!! Andrew Lloyd Webber says in his memoir that Michelle Breeze was Elaine Paige's first cover/understudy, but Robert Seller's book "When The British Musical Ruled the World" (while interviewing her) says it was Susannah Fellows. Were they both covers before an

Who did Gene Barry Replace in La Cage?
 Dec 29 2022, 10:44:39 AM

Yes, reading back and forth between various accounts of the show, it seems a lot of facts are mixed up.  Thank you!

Who did Gene Barry Replace in La Cage?
 Dec 29 2022, 09:45:26 AM

Reading Stephen Citron's Jerry Herman biography, he writes that "Early in the rehearsal period [of La Cage] the actor who was originally signed for the role of George was let go..." before talking about Alan Carr bringing Gene Barry in to audition.

As far as I know or has been indicated, the show went into rehearsal with Gene Barry playing George.  Does anyone have any info on this?

Fritz Holt
 Dec 4 2022, 01:03:03 PM

Does anyone have a headshot from the 1980s of the much loved (and fondly remembered) production stage manager Fritz Holt? I've seen pictures of him at the "La Cage" recording session but seeing if I can get a picture of him somewhere.  Thanks.

Lainie Kazan in Funny Girl
 Oct 28 2022, 10:49:35 AM

Thank you!!

Lainie Kazan in Funny Girl
 Oct 28 2022, 10:32:19 AM

I am looking to see if there are pictures of Lainie Kazan in the ensemble of the OBC of "Funny Girl", even just in the background.  I think I see her in the background of some "Cornet Man" shots but I could be totally wrong.  Anyone have any leads to a photo?

Beanie Feldstein in FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Mar 27 2022, 01:41:26 AM

Anyway.

Looking forward to hearing more reviews and how the show develops in previews.

Beanie Feldstein in FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Mar 26 2022, 11:54:37 PM

garland89 said: "Hate to burst anyone’s bubble..."

Do you, though?

Documentary "Joe Papp in Five Stages"
 Mar 30 2022, 01:43:14 PM

dramamama611 said: "Do you mean Joe Papp in Five Acts? (That might be why you can't find it? PART of it seems to be on Youtube.)"

Yes! I did type it in wrong.  Just not on YouTube.  There are bits from the trailer.  I'd be happy to rent or pay something reasonable.  Just haven't been able to find anyplace.  Thank you.

Documentary "Joe Papp in Five Stages"
 Mar 30 2022, 11:56:10 AM

Does anyone know where and how I can watch the 2010 documentary?  Would really love to watch this.

Tony Performance Question
 Aug 17 2021, 04:22:54 PM
Tony Performance Question
 Aug 17 2021, 02:38:36 PM

I'm doing research for about the Tony's and had a question about Tony performances.

Generally, for your show to perform on the Tony's, I understand it has to be nominated for Best Musical, unless there are special performances from a national company or a commemorative one, etc. 

But how do shows that did not get this nomination like "It Shoulda Been You", "Finding Neverland", and "Bullets Over Broadway", "If/Then&quo

West Side Story???
 Aug 10 2021, 11:13:52 AM

JBroadway said: "It's possible that they didn't have time, or didn't choose to make a recording.

But I'd wager that the more relevant answer to your question is that these recordings are only designed to be used as refreshers for the voters. I'm not 100% about the rules, but my guess is that the voters have to see the shows in person in order to vote, and can't ONLY go off of a recording. But if they see a show in September and have to vote in April

West Side Story???
 Aug 10 2021, 10:37:19 AM

"The problem is that they didn't have time to invite enough of the Tony voters to see it."

I'm curious about this.  I know that Tony voters were given archive recordings of shows they didn't see.  (There's a clip of the end of part 1 of "The Inheritance" floating around out there.) Should I assume an archive was not made in time for WSS or Country?

ISO: Clip of Ari'el Stachel winning Tony in 2018
 Aug 3 2021, 12:46:35 PM

Looking for a clip of Ari'el Stachel and his emotional Tony speech back in 2018.  CBS has made this clip very difficult to view and I am not in the U.S. so I cannot stream from their site? Can anyone help me out?

ISO Webmaster for "The First Unofficial Idina Menzel Fan Page"
 Apr 7 2021, 03:26:52 PM

Hi there,

Super random but I'm looking to get in touch with someone named "Erin L" who used to run a long-passed web site called "The First Unofficial Idina Menzel Fan Page".  She had followed Idina from her Rent/Still I Can't Be Still days and saw Wicked in SF and NYC.  Looking to speak with her for an interview.

If anyone knows how I can respectfully get in touch with her, please PM me? Thanks.

BWay Shows That Did Not Get a Cast Recording
 Mar 1 2021, 03:12:43 PM

What favourite or notable shows went by without getting recorded?

Not a fav really, but a notable one was the OBC of Carrie.

My Fair Lady OLCR on Vinyl (Request)
 Feb 21 2021, 11:59:05 PM

You are absolutely right! Thank you!!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You