News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bwayboi4life42

bwayboi4life42 Profile Photo
Member Name: bwayboi4life42
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

TUTS
 Jun 21 2014, 12:35:23 PM
I was looking forward to seeing this show tonight. As a Houston theatre goer and a somewhat regular attendee of TUTS productions, I am very disappointed. I am also less-inclined to give TUTS my money to fund Bruce Lumpkin's massive ego and equally massive screw-ups. For the sake of the company and the sake of the art, I hope the board fires him immediately. He knows better. Also, President and CEO John Breckenridge's role in this debacle should be questioned as well. If he knew Lumpkin was chang
I have doubts about the John Patrick Shanley sex lawsuit
 Mar 30 2012, 09:27:57 PM
Now we're saying the same thing, having both seen the same material. Sorry—I read the NY Post article and then your post and couldn't separate the two.
 Mar 30 2012, 09:01:22 PM
There is more to her claims: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/mister_write_did_me_wrong_xNKw6kIsGBDbkvlxn2taYO
 Mar 30 2012, 08:15:56 PM
Rape and coercion aren't funny. As long as you think her claims are "laughable," there will be women too scared to admit they were raped for fear of not being believed, and the rape culture in this country will only be perpetuated.

Shanley is innocent until proven guilty. But that doesn't mean Jencsik is a liar until proven not a liar. Have some tact. You wouldn't think it was funny if it was someone you loved.

Maroulis, Davi, Jarvis to Star in Revised THE TOXIC AVENGER in Houston
 Jan 15 2012, 04:10:36 PM
I was not expecting perfection. I knew the script and score would prevent that. I was, however, expecting better performances from trained actors.
 Jan 15 2012, 12:56:41 AM
There were several biased audience members today. They were so distracted by Mr. Maroulis' tight pants they didn't notice he was often slightly under pitch (sometimes emanating blatantly wrong notes).
 Jan 14 2012, 05:31:30 PM
Interesting goings-on at the matinee today. The production was disappointing, the actors sloppy, the set dangerous. After an actor tripped and fell (due to a design feature that looked dangerous to begin with, and that as a director I wouldn't allow actors on, nor as an actor would I agree to perform on) and we went to an early, extended intermission, I had seen all I could bear and left. I wish the Alley would stop throwing millions away on poorly-written, over-produced musicals.

Jan 14 2012, 12:00:10 AM
Mister Matt,

Just because Jekyll & Hyde is becoming "something of a standard" doesn't mean that its script and score are not disasters.

Jan 9 2012, 07:15:00 PM
I wish that was true, Calvin.

The Alley has never produced strong musicals--
premiere of JEKYLL & HYDE
premiere of THE CIVIL WAR
premiere of AN AMERICAN IN PARIS
pre-Broadway tryout of WONDERLAND

All disasters. (The one exception is A FUNNY THING...FORUM which they did a couple of years ago with the resident company. For me, it was one of the best musicals produced in Houston in awhile.)

Because of the revisions, they are billing it as a new m

Saddest moment in musical
 Jan 11 2011, 07:20:10 PM
*SPOILER ALERT*

1) Leo's hanging in PARADE
2) Ti Moune's death in ONCE ON THIS ISLAND
3) Alfie getting beat up in A MAN OF NO IMPORTANCE

2011 Midwest Theatre Auditions
 Dec 12 2010, 01:32:45 PM
Will anybody be attending next February?

Has anyone attended before? If so, please share your experiences regarding your audition and callback experiences and, if applicable, the work you got out of them.

Actors and actresses that you wish had more roles
 Apr 12 2010, 11:32:03 PM
Laura Benanti & Judy Kuhn.
WONDERLAND- Houston changes
 Jan 21 2010, 08:22:30 PM
If the book has improved from Tampa, I'm so glad I didn't see it in Tampa. Some of the melodies are nice, but the script needs a new writer with a clearer vision of the characters and plot.
re: Funny Girl Soundtrack or Cast Recording?
 Dec 25 2009, 10:11:50 PM
I was just going to make a similar comment, PalJoey. She really was gorgeous, though.
re: How to Succeed Reading w/DHP, Daniel Radcliff and Michael Urie
 Dec 25 2009, 10:09:17 PM
You're right, micka30, I don't like Harry Potter him.
re: Funny Girl Soundtrack or Cast Recording?
 Dec 23 2009, 08:51:07 PM
Well said, Jose.

But just in case you still weren't convinced, definitely go with the cast recording if you are only going to get one.

Also, I finally got around to reading "Barbra: The Way She Is," the 2003 biography, and there is a lot of interesting stuff in there, particularly about Barbra's days in "I Can Get It For You Wholesale" and "Funny Girl." It's highly worth taking a look at if you're a fan.

re: How to Succeed Reading w/DHP, Daniel Radcliff and Michael Urie
 Dec 23 2009, 08:44:29 PM
Hmm... I won't believe he was great until I see it. Having never heard him sing or play a part in anything even reminiscent of musical comedy, I have my doubts. But then again, a part of me will always think of him as Harry Potter.
re: The best and worst musicals based off of a movie.
 May 21 2009, 06:57:38 PM
Also for the best, A CATERED AFFAIR.
re: What one Off-Broadway show would you recommend?
 Mar 3 2009, 07:46:57 PM
For something different, Garden of Earthly Delights. It's based on the painting and incorporates modern dance, music, and trapeze art to tell its story.
re: Les Mis Houston TUTS cast
 Feb 27 2009, 11:16:05 PM
Agreed, Caroline. TUTS has produced an exciting piece of theatre since at least 2002 (that's as far back as I remember off the top of my head).

The tour of Les Mis was just in Houston about three years ago. Rent was just here last year, and it's coming back for another weekend this season.

I have no reason to pay the money to see a TUTS show. The tours are usually okay quality, but they're never exciting pieces of theatre (this year Color Purple, Legally Blonde, Rent), and the

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You