News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for stagemag1615582571

Member Name: stagemag1615582571
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Who’s stagedooring?
 Jan 5 2022, 02:41:53 PM

52889j said: "darreyl102 said: "Are actors even allowed to stage door? I thought Equity issued a ban on it due to covid restrictions." Correct. They are not allowed. And yes equity issued a ban.
Actors could potentially be written up for it. Please leave them alone.
"

I don't understand.  Is anyone forcing the actor to sign? All these SDs have security who can wave people on or the actor can simply say no.  M

Who’s stagedooring?
 Jan 5 2022, 02:22:19 PM

ArtMan said: "JayElle, My last post was deleted also. I was sent a nasty pm accusing me of being a bully and being abusive for my post in this thread. If I was, I would apologize in a second. But I am not apologizing for something that doesn't exist. From reading this thread, the majority of people are not stage dooring during Covid. Then why the responses telling people not to...when they aren't? I am going to take a long break from this site. It is so telli

Who’s stagedooring?
 Jan 5 2022, 10:28:04 AM

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

My question is why the moderator permits the censorship if it doesn't violate any rule.  Walk past any theater and you can see pre and post show if fans are standing there and how the show members react.  While at Juniors in Nov, I saw alot of folks pre-show Freestyle looking to get pix/g

COVID performance cancellation
 Jan 5 2022, 08:37:06 AM

dearalanaaaa said: "quizking101 said: "all_that_jazz said: "If Doubtfire wasn't able to sustain in January I don't know how Tina and Girl from North Country can. Lookin at this up coming week both have less than 200 seats sold for each performance. Be interesting to see how many others follow suit with short term hiatus."

Tina’s pricing is downright laughable. They had maybe 15-20% of the house sold tonight and I went up to the box

Who’s stagedooring?
 Jan 2 2022, 09:41:56 PM

have no idea....why this didn't show correctly..

I attended the last Lehman show today Jan 2.  I discovered that stage dooring (SD) is/was alive and well.  I arrived early (11:00am)  to find "dealers" waiting for the 3 main cast members (who were spectacular). I learned that dealers went there often and the cast signed items both pre- and post-show. The dealers also had Breaking Bad and other items for Adam Godley.

After another wonderful show to

Who’s stagedooring?
 Jan 2 2022, 09:28:22 PM

QueenTwinnied said: "Highland Guy said: "Even in the best of times, I think stage-dooring is just plain creepy."My eyes just rolled so hard they almost popped out. I’ll admit I’ve seen some strange behavior at stage doors (usually with younger fans), but there’s nothing inherently creepy about stage-dooring when both the fan and actor want to interact/sign playbills/etc. Don’t make it out to be something it isn’t"

Who’s stagedooring?
 Jan 2 2022, 08:21:28 PM

broadwayfan128 said: "Miguel from Hamilton is probably the only one admitting to doing it"

No, not so. It's alive and well at Lehman.

THE LEHMAN TRILOGY - Reviews
 Jan 1 2022, 09:16:47 PM

See it Jan 2. Sorry to see it go. Brilliant performances in likewise show. Two of the 3 actors will appear in LA last I read.  Tempted to fly out for it.  Just loved Godley in it.  

I saw show several times in orch right row E or H. Seats are awful. Narrow and little leg room.  I did like cooler temp though. Guess they cranked AC bc actors are wearing those long, heavy coats. I heard they shut down the bar in many theaters bc of covid. Lehman always had a long line.

Jesse Green Doubles Down on COMPANY (and others)
 Jan 1 2022, 10:58:43 AM

ljay889 said: "WiCkEDrOcKS said: "Never thought I’d say it, but I miss Ben Brantley."
Me too. At least when Brantley hated something he did it with snark and humor. Green is just plain bland.
"

And Frank Rich. 

Why are Broadway tickets for SIX so expensive?
 Oct 3 2021, 05:42:46 AM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Supply and demand, and variable pricing...they know there will be lots of traffic to buy tickets with reviews coming out. The price will go down if there is not an audience for that price point.    The premium price drops to $279 starting the first week of January (and all the other price points are lower too). My guess? They know there will be dark days ahead and want to earn as much as possible now."

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You