News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Broadwaybaby332

Member Name: Broadwaybaby332
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Nov 23 2022, 01:37:22 AM

JSquared2 said: "But you have no problem with anonymously trashing the performances of other WORKING actors and potentially affecting THEIR chances of working in the future?? Sure -- makes sense."

LMAO how am I as someone with no power sharing my personal opinion on a public forum (someting most industry members will never read) hurting someones chances of working? The only cast member I even mentioned was Adrianna Hicks who already has a succesful career and I&#

Nov 22 2022, 02:36:48 PM

John Adams said: Personally, I can't wait for the release of the OBC recording! I've only heard two songs but I adore them both.

Seeing an entire show live and on its feet is very different from hearing a few pre-recorded numbers. Personally I agree with many of the sentiments ASOOS04 brought up. It seems strange to me you’re so quick to dismiss others views on the show when you’ve yet to see it yourself. It is maddening to see Broadway producers continue to pour money into awful shows simply because they’re based on existing properties. How many times can this fail before they realize it is not a guarantee for success? The material needs to be there as well and believe me, it isn’t. Hicks is giving a truly abysmal performance. Although I doubt even the best performer could do much with the bland nonsensical role they’ve turned Sugar into. 

Also to touch on what christinelavin said: "I know what I'm about to say may upset many, but there's one thing commenters could do that would take all the differences of opinion to a higher level: use your real names."

This is a ridiculous sentiment. I work in the industry and do not have the luxury of sharing my opinion here under my professional name as I am an actor who cannot afford to have it impact my chances of working. Nothing “negative” I’ve seen in this thread has been personal or uncalled for. This is the place for people to share their opinions on the piece. Everyone is allowed to do so in whatever way they please, even if you don’t agree with them.

Nov 20 2022, 03:20:33 PM

PipingHotPiccolo said: "christinelavin said: "Am I misunderstanding something here? This musical is still a work-in-progress. I know firsthand because I have seen it a number of times and have been witness to costume changes, dialogue changes, reworked scenes -- it hasn't been "frozen" yet, so why do some write as if it is?"

Anyone that paid money to sit and watch this show in a Broadway theater can report back what they experienced, and so

Nov 20 2022, 11:35:35 AM

Show Score reviews are not an accurate gauge of quality in my opinion. I saw the Music Man revival the night before it opened and was the first person to give it a negative review on Show Score. It was then panned by the critics. And as much as I hated that it was infinitely better than this was. I’d be shocked if this doesn’t open to absolutely abysmal reviews.  

Nov 20 2022, 01:57:48 AM

I've seen a lot of musical flops on Broadway (Tuck Everlasting, Dr. Zhivago, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, ect.) but I think this might be the worst one yet. I cannot reccomend buying a ticket to this show under any circumstances. Review from showscore below: 

See it if If you HAVE to see how they re-work “Let’s Be Bad” from Smash (2012) into this show at all costs.

Don't see it if If you

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You