News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for rayoflight104

rayoflight104 Profile Photo
Member Name: rayoflight104
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Barks
 Jul 7 2023, 10:43:25 PM

Anyone going to Broadway Barks tomorrow 7/8/23?

It's going to be so hot & humid!

THE MINUTES - SPRING 2022
 Apr 3 2022, 12:06:23 AM

Rush ticket for 4/2 show was rear mezz jj 101

many open seats behind me

the line to get in took 25 minutes and stretched all the way down the block. Show started around 8:06-ish. 

they stamp your hand after getting vax verified. How sanitary is it to have a stamp on your hand that someone else was just stamped with? There’s no intermission to go out and smoke so why the need? Any other theatres stamping hands? 

Company reviews
 Mar 14 2022, 11:30:02 PM

Won the lottery on 3/13 with ORCHO F 10. Just a few instances of not being able to see some of the set from that seat. 

A few empty seats around me, surprisingly. It was freezing in there too. Everyone sat with their coats on. 

Patti was still showing signs of recovering (a few coughs on stage) but she was joking around with the actors throughout the show onstage and brought the house down with her number. 

THE MUSIC MAN Reviews
 Mar 12 2022, 10:36:00 PM

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

Is there a thread on here about how Hugh and Sutton interact with each other throughout the show - reviewing their behavior with each other? I saw the show on 3/10 and they seemed to be trying to get the other to break character - which they did end up doing - having to stall for

A Midsummer Night’s Dream - Shake Festival
 Mar 27 2021, 09:27:23 AM
A Midsummer Nights Dream - Shake Festival

This should be a great production - virtual reading on 3/31/21

Their previous performance of The Tempest last fall was really good.

Dan Stevens and Rebecca Hall star as Oberon & Titania. Luisa Omielan plays Bottom the Weaver, Robert Hands plays Peter Quince and Wendy Morgan plays Puck. Mark Quartley (recently Ariel in the RSC production of The Tempest starring Simon Russell Beale) plays Snout/Wall, and Joseph Blatchley plays Starvelling/Moonshine. East Anglian locals may recognise the names of Malachy King, Daisy Martineau and Phoebe Martineau who play fairies, as well Tim Fitzhigham (Flute/Thisby), Ed Hughes who plays Snug/Lion and Richard Blaine who plays Philostrate. Mia Lakha (Prince of Egypt in the West-End) and her sister Lana Lakha make up the singing fairies in Titania's train. The four Lovers are Daniel Bowerbank, Mairead Tyers, Barnaby Taylor and Louis Rudnicki, and Egeus is played by David Sibley. Directed by Jenny Hall.

LIVE, online, for one performance only, March 31st, 2021, at 19:30 BST.

Tickets are 10 per household. BUY NOW, Ticketsource

http://www.shakefestival.com/

Any news on Glenn Close's "Sunset Boulevard" movie? October is almost here!
 Sep 22 2019, 09:26:25 PM
Go post the question on her Instagram account. Maybe she’ll answer.
Trump supporter- Strikes again! At wicked!
 Nov 30 2018, 09:06:42 AM
Lot666 said: "LxGstv said: "if the “other candidate” as you put it, had won, this thread wouldn’t even exist in the first place."

^ This.

"

The context of the posts would be different. We'd be talking about those deleted emails.
You can't discuss politics with the left. they aren't as open minded and see things two ways like people on the right do. i can state this because the responses i will get from this message will pro

Laura Benanti to replace Lauren Ambrose in MY FAIR LADY
 Oct 22 2018, 08:12:05 PM
Does anyone know what the 'partial view' seats miss out on? Is it critical or not so much?
Etiquette of seat-taking...?
 Oct 8 2018, 09:27:01 AM
if i'm in the middle of the row -i stand and let the seat fold - then sit down on the edge of the seat and wait for people to pass. so i'm standing - but stand/sitting on my seat - so that it allows for more room to pass. sometimes a slight shift to the side to allow people even more room.
the theatre is like going to the movies or a sporting event these days with people coming and going like they went to get a hotdog,then a soda, then pringles chips, coming in late etc... it's a bummer. <

Where to get Playbill merch?
 Oct 3 2018, 03:33:38 PM
arcolley said: "I do recall The Drama Book Shop selling the binders, but I haven't been in 2 years."

thanks for the recommendation - sent them an email but they said 'we aren't selling at this time, contact playbill'

(wanted to post a response in case anyone down the line searches for this as i couldn't find anything when i did a search of the board)

Where to get Playbill merch?
 Oct 3 2018, 09:46:53 AM
Can the 'Playbill Binders' be physically bought at a location in NYC? Or is the only way to purchase through the Playbill website? Are there any stores in NYC that physically sell them?
Anyone notice how BLUE Broadway is these days?
 Aug 31 2018, 11:39:17 AM
I expected this thread to be about politics and themes of shows - blue vs red.
Ha!
Glad it was about the signage.

FROZEN Reviews
 Jul 30 2018, 03:19:48 PM
Can anyone link to where on the board posts talk about the diversity casting of this show? I can't find those posts...
Saw the show this past weekend and had someone I was with commented about the diverse cast.
Of particular note was how great it was to see a diverse cast - but they had one question...
If genetically speaking the mother/father produce 2 children who are blonde {look like the current cast} - on Broadway - is the viewer supposed to look past that fact of this current c

Lloyd Webber / Unmasked reports
 Mar 8 2018, 02:03:26 PM

chernjam said: "Was there any news on a sunset movie or aspects revival?"

No talk of the possible new movie.

Sunset was talked about > the orchestrations and how ALW was in the pit during rehearsals for the most recent production and tweaking notes here and there (Glenn brought that up)

And the other mention was comparing the 90s London production to the most recent production - the set designs -  and how that contributed to the story

Mar 8 2018, 09:42:40 AM

I was in row M in the Orchestra. 

There was one question from the Q&A of 'when will love never dies come to broadway' - that got a loud applause... but he hesitated to answer - and actually said 'as you can see i'm hesitant to answer that' (and he didn't)

He did mention the 'new work' and also said how he didn't want to talk about it just yet. 

Mar 7 2018, 05:39:19 PM

It was an 'ok' event. Not worth $57 bucks, but still glad I went because ALW played the piano (1 song) and I got to see him in person.

Glenn close is not a conversationalist. Andrew is - and I wished that there had been someone there to really interview him and ask him questions - because he would have talked and talked. 

There was a video montage of his career and highlights. Then Glenn came out with Pi (her dog) and said the anecdote about her getting cast in London in Sunset. Then Andrew came onto the stage. They chatted about various topics, School of Rock was talked about alot, importance of story, how he goes about creating musicals, Hal Prince... Then they did a Q&A from audience questions  and one of the questions brought the star of Love Never Dies that's on tour onto the stage and she sang and ALW played the piano to accompany. (ALW said 'this was a setup'

The event lasted probably 80-90 minutes in total I think.

Got his book included in the ticket price. Was supposed to be signed (ticket was sold that way on the website) - but I heard at the entrance there were 'scheduling conflicts' and he couldn't sign. {i guess he spent too much time in Barbados last few weeks - DailyMail had some pics of him there}

Wanted more out of the event - but will take what I got.

Glenn i think is interviewing him for the upcoming March 28th event... And I saw on someone's insta stories they were at Sardis (i think) recently doing the interview - so hopefully he talks more there.

John Cullum: Setting a record?
 Oct 27 2017, 01:36:34 PM

What a career!

He was so good in Urinetown.

I  saw him perform in a show at my university when I was in college with his son back almost 15 years ago.

No Standing Ovation?
 Sep 26 2017, 01:05:52 PM

I am glad someone started a thread on this topic as one particular show/instance has been on my mind for a few months... Sunset Boulevard 2017. It seemed like the show had it built in after Glenn's two 11 o'clock numbers  time for applause and/or standing ovation. 

At the last Saturday night performance prior to the Sunday closing - I  was at that show and only myself (center orchestra and one other person in the 2nd row orchestra stood for both of those num

PRINCE OF BROADWAY Reviews
 Sep 2 2017, 05:30:42 PM

I got TodayTix rush tickets for Friday 9/1 > seat was Orchestra Row C Seat 118. Great seat.

The performers - A+++

The show itself > I too felt lost as the narration dropped in and out. Would have liked to have seen this consistently throughout the show. I have seen many of Hal's shows   - but not all of them - so I found myself checking the program at intermission to see what shows were represented. Narration or some inclination/subliminal note within the set

PRINCE OF BROADWAY Set for Summer 2017 Bow at the Friedman Theatre
 Jun 25 2017, 09:30:29 PM

I got the direct mailer today as well. Why is this show at this price level? do they have that much overhead? Or are we paying for the years it has taken to get to  broadway? (Lol)

And how does the storyline go? I am imagining they just walk out on stage to sing a song after an intro. Is there an actual plot? 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You