News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Lin Olivo Burns

Member Name: Lin Olivo Burns
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

COLOR PURPLE movie musical currently in development
 Feb 3 2022, 08:33:14 PM

We get it, Jordan, you don’t like the musical. Odd you like the tonally inconsistent and Alice Walker-derided Film adaptation, which fails to capture the love between Nettie and Celie that’s one of the pillars of Walker’s masterpiece, a key aspect of the novel the Broadway adaptation beautifully realizes and never forgets about.

I thought the Erivo-led revival showed what a stunning adaptation of Walker’s prose this musical is. I do worry its theatrical conceits

Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
 Aug 22 2021, 11:54:12 PM
Disappointed over the fading Krakowski rumors. She has been approached multiple times, I thought they’d finally worked it out. But the recently rumored leads will both be incredible. What I’d pay to see Krakowski finally play Roxie, a role that fits her so spectacularly like a glove.
Who is replacing Olivo?
 Aug 3 2021, 07:26:17 PM
I remember the days when Toni Collette was set to replace Natasha Richardson as Sally Bowles in the Marshall/Mendes revival of Cabaret but AEA would not allow it because she wasn’t an American citizen and apparently did not fit their very arbitrary definition of a “star” (even though she was an Academy Award nominee at the time already). While I would have preferred someone like Jasmine Cephas Jones (not being familiar with Mendoza’s work at all), I am glad AEA has relaxed. It sounds like Mendoz
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You