News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for codyjo88

codyjo88 Profile Photo
Member Name: codyjo88
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Sutton Foster in Concert unscheduled stop
 Feb 4 2010, 01:25:33 PM
I really wish she would add another San Francisco date since the first sold out so fast.
Full Cast Announced for AMERICAN IDIOT; Cast to Appear on Grammy Awards
 Feb 4 2010, 04:00:50 AM
No one is trying to "be purist" or define art. The topic was revolutionizing musical theater. Now that I know that you haven't seen the show it makes sense that you don't understand why I question your assertion. You don't know yet that "American Idiot" is re-heated "Rent" aspiring to be "Spring Awakening" with the story line equal to one scene of either one.

I'm glad you are excited to see the show and welcome your opinions just watch where you throw those accolades. If you are so con

Feb 3 2010, 03:18:54 AM
zoran912, just saying "I think these guys stand a chance to really revolutionize musical theatre" doesn't mean anything. How? What are they doing different and how are the revolutionizing musical theater?

I assume you have seen the show so you could cite some examples...

Feb 2 2010, 04:13:55 AM
"The vocals were amazing, but there should have been more movement instead of them raising their fists."

That's exactly what I thought when I was watching the actual show at the Berkeley Rep. Keep your expectations in check on this one kids, I'm warning you. I had em' high too. It's a good concert not a great show.

Don't take my word for it just read the lukewarm reviews from the bay area run:

re: Photo Flash: AMERICAN IDIOT Premieres at Berkeley Rep
 Sep 15 2009, 02:06:28 PM
Saw the show, didn't love it but I was checking out Ben Thompson all night :)
re: JERSEY BOYS on Leno TONIGHT!
 Mar 21 2007, 03:52:46 AM
standby, understudy, butt buddy, whatever, you know what i meant. This isn't equity.
re: JERSEY BOYS on Leno TONIGHT!
 Mar 20 2007, 03:19:41 PM
We LOVE the SF cast, in fact we won't rush on Tuesday nights or Wed mats because that's when CKJ's understudy is on and, even though we have heard he is good (maybe better) we feel dedicated to our cast. We have seen the show like 6 times. It's funny because some of these reactions are similar to what we though about the OBC when we saw them perform on TV this past New Years Eve. Maybe you just get attached...
YF pre-Broadway in Seattle Confirmed
 Mar 17 2007, 03:44:25 AM
"Seattle's Paramount Theatre has confirmed that a Mel Brooks musical based on his film comedy "Young Frankenstein" will have a staging there. The Paramount has not released the run dates or other details yet, but the New York Post recently reported that Megan Mullally, formerly of TV's "Will & Grace," will co-star in the show."
re: 'Young Frankenstein' out of town? SF?
 Mar 16 2007, 01:22:15 PM
"The last article said Chicago"

Link?

Actually, the most recent articles I can find both say the same thing, suggesting an upcoming announcement...

"After beginning rehearsals in June, Young Frankenstein will open out-of-town (in a city to be announced) this summer. The New York Post's Michael Riedel previously reported that Young Frankenstein would open on Halloween of 2007, although that date has not been officially announced. Susan Stroman, who previously collabor

re: 'Young Frankenstein' out of town? SF?
 Mar 16 2007, 02:42:46 AM
I don't think anyone on here knows for sure yet but I have heard that Young Frankenstein may pre-broadway in SF. I doubt they would tack it on at the end of 06/07 though, seems like a show they was use as an anchor for 07/08. There were early rumors of Seattle for Young Frankenstein but I don't think that's true anymore.
re: Davis to Succeed Ringwald in 'Sweet Charity'
 Mar 12 2007, 06:59:09 PM

re: Legally Blonde Musical, first preview reactions
 Jan 25 2007, 12:11:00 PM
Yeah, if you go to the site that must not be named and you do a search for lets say "Legally Blonde News Clip" you might find something :)

re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
 Oct 4 2006, 07:11:05 PM
"How reliable is this source?"

Well it is directly from the production and the Associated Press, seems reliable. I thought it was strange to see the Golden Gate listed as the house in SF, I thought it was suppose to run at the Orpheum.

re: Bundy Confirmed for Legally Blonde
 Oct 4 2006, 06:52:04 PM
somethingwicked, how did you subscribe to that update list for Legally Blonde?

cody

re: Chicago w/Huey Lewis Tour
 Aug 16 2006, 03:17:27 PM
Yikes, he looks very stiff and frightened in that video. Here's hoping he can loosen up a bit in SF. I really want to know who's playing Velma and Roxie before I but my tix.
re: CHORUS LINE OPENS IN SF
 Aug 4 2006, 04:05:38 AM
We saw the show tonight. I have never seen the show before and unlike most in this thread don't know the back story or history. I went into it very excited because of the build up that I have noticed on all the bway boards I frequent.

I have to say that I left a bit dissapointed and just underwhelmed with the whole show. But since this is such an accurate recreation (as I am told) I guess that has nothing to do with the revival.

Just some notes on the cast that I remember...I

re: playbill.com annoyance
 Jul 24 2006, 04:04:22 AM
It is still there, you have a cookie on your IP so you will only see it once a session. Keep the complaints coming if you want them to stop that kind of invasive advertising.
re: Legally Blonde will play the Palace
 Jul 17 2006, 04:46:02 AM
http://www.legallyblondemusical.com/

I am so excited about this musical and can't wait to see it in SF, it is the reason I subscribed!

re: QUEER DUCK-the Movie, lot's of theatre jokes!
 Jul 14 2006, 12:18:30 AM
I saw it at Frameline SF a few weeks ago and didn't think it was very funny, maybe 1 laugh every 10 mins, not enough for me. It was better in small doses.
re: QUEER DUCK-the Movie, lot's of theatre jokes!
 Jul 13 2006, 10:34:08 PM
sand. vagina.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You