News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Yessica Haircut

Member Name: Yessica Haircut
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

77th Tony Awards Performance Predictions
 May 8 2024, 02:14:01 PM

For the most part, I'll only comment on what I've seen so far.

BEST MUSICAL

• Hell's Kitchen: 'Kaleidoscope' seems like the fan-favorite choice, but I wouldn't be surprised if they go with 'Empire State of Mind'; it would include all four nominees and it's certainly popular/relevant
  • The Outsiders: Haven't seen it yet, but 'Great Expectations' seems to be their "signature song&q
Personal Non-Eligable "Should Have Been Nominated" List (2023/2024 Season)
 May 2 2024, 05:40:16 PM

In the lead-up to the Tonys, I always find NYT's "Who Will Win (and Who Should)" interesting, particularly the "Should Have Been Nominated" category, in which they will sometimes include non-eligible productions or performers. Looking back on the past season, I can think of a few notable Off-Broadway standouts; thus, I've decided to try out a list of my own. Of course I would love to hear your own choices and opinions as well (and feel free to include any of t

Seeing a show when you're not feeling great
 Apr 21 2024, 05:51:26 PM

Zeppie2022 said: "Your question involved physical sickness and that can affect others which is why I wrote what I did in my post. You also included going with a hangover and that is as I mentioned self inflicted so little sympathy unless there was major issue causing you to drink too much. As for mental health, I would think if you were depressed and not in the mood for a show but went anyway, having something to take your mind of your problems for a few hours may be a very good thin

Apr 21 2024, 02:57:02 PM

Zeppie2022 said: "Let me try and answer without being toonasty. First, no sympathy at all for you going to a show hungover. A hangover is self-inflicted and you did this to yourself knowing you were attending a show. Next, you went to a show with a cold and or fever a couple of times and had no regard to others around you that you may have gotten sick. There are options like selling a ticket when you are sick or maybe exchanging it for another date. You said you attended a show at 16

Apr 21 2024, 01:44:40 PM

In my twenty-something years of theatre-going, I can recall a couple of times when I sat through a show despite not feeling too well. I have endured a number of Act 1’s while experiencing an upset stomach; on at least two occasions I’ve gone to the theatre hungover; there have been a few times I watched a show when I wasn’t in a great place mentally/emotionally; back in February I saw The Seven Year Disappear while recovering from a cold (which, due to thee fact tha

Cabaret stunt casting
 Apr 12 2024, 08:31:11 PM

It's not stunt casting, but depending on how long the show runs, I would like Carolee Carmello and/or Victoria Clark to get a chance at Fraulein Schneider.

Also, random thought: I have no idea if he'd want to do it, but Kieran Culkin has the right kind of energy for the Emcee.

André Bishop’s last show
 Feb 4 2024, 06:34:05 PM

Apparently Bart Sher would love to direct is Man of La Mancha some day (https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1108047&page=3).

I think that show and that score would be a lovely send-off for André Bishop.

Denzel Washington to return to Broadway in OTHELLO?
 Jan 31 2024, 03:36:27 PM

fashionguru_23 said: "What would get me is if were are looking for actors over 40, can we get Patrick Page as Iago?"

There was some chatter a few years ago of a revival starring Denzel, with the addition of Al Pacino as Iago.

(https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Denzel-Washington-and-Al-Pacino-Headed-for-OTHELLO-20120205)

I can't see Pacino being involved in this production, but Patrick Page is certainly always reliable.

Honestly, though, if it weren't for Kenneth Branagh bringing King Lear to NYC so soon, I would rather see Denzel take on that role instead (he's expressed interest in the past).

2004: The Tony's Most Confusing Year
 Jan 1 2024, 02:40:07 PM

Out of curiosity, what was the consensus on Best Revival that year? I remember reading somewhere (not sure if it was a thread somewhere on this site or somewhere else) that Lincoln Center's Henry IV winning over the first ever Broadway revival of A Raisin in the Sun was something of a surprise. I've only seen one short clip from Raisin when Lincoln Center had it on display as part of their TOFT celebration last year, but I know

Has "actor stays onstage in character during intermission" become more of a thing recently, or is this just a coincidence?
 Aug 11 2023, 05:34:01 PM

I can't comment as to how often this has happened or if this is some kind of new trend in the theatre. But, as with any aspect of a production, it's all about what the director is trying to say, how that adds to their vision, and how it compliments the overall experience.

With The Doctor, I feel Robert Icke was trying to convey how isolated and stagnant the doctor's life had become after her big decision at the end of the first act. Since the second act begins

What Happened to Marlow?
 Jun 14 2023, 11:01:21 PM

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

She was the girl (or, maybe, the spirit of the girl) who was molested by her father as an infant; when they make Henry recite what he "did", he reveals that the girl's mother drowned both of them in ocean (hence the beach in her story). It's more than likely what Max means when she says, "I'

Daly and Schreiber will lead DOUBT on Broadway
 Jun 1 2023, 10:32:09 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "It's tough on the brain this morning seeing a Josh Harmon play be announced by MTC (a person who was nurtured by Roundabout).....and a John Patrick Shanley/MTC play being revived by Roundabout!

Digging through some old threads on this site, it appears Doubt started(?) as a Roundabout reading: https://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.php?thread=845191#. In a way, this production is something of a homecoming. (Of note: Glenn Close apparently played Sister Aloysius in said reading; she would also be fabulous in a fully-staged production).

I was fortunate to see the original production Off-Broadway back in December of '04; being 11 at the time it stands as one of those great productions that, admittedly, I didn't fully get at the time (but enjoyed nonetheless). I also remember loving Shanley's Defiance a few years later; it was a kind of spiritual successor to Doubt and was supposed to be part of a trilogy. In any case, I look forward to revisiting this play through a new lens.

What was the Kiss me Kate
 Jan 3 2023, 08:18:46 PM

This was asked and discussed recently on ATC. I'll leave a link to the third post of the discussion, which seems to be the consensus, but basically: A production of Kiss Me, Kate was planned for the Delacorte in 1994 - which would have then transferred to Broadway - with a revised book by Christopher Durang, starring Kevin Kline and either Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio or Patti; it fell apart due to legal reasons. This was all news to me, and I recently found an archived NY Times article announcing the cancellation (link below, as well, though maybe with a paywall).

https://www.talkinbroadway.com/allthatchat_new/d.php?id=2560537

https://www.nytimes.com/1994/05/24/theater/kiss-me-kate-is-canceled.html

Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
 Sep 6 2022, 07:42:25 PM

I had a thought the other day and decided to put it out into the world via this message board.

How great would Joshua Henry be as Anthony. Of course this is all dependent on his contract with Into the Woods/any future projects/the unlikely possibility that the production has a one-Josh-limit for their leads.

2022 Tony Award Performances
 May 9 2022, 05:04:44 PM

A Strange Loop - Maybe the opening?

Company - Most likely 'Company'

Girl from the North Country - A medley.

MJ - Haven't seen the show, so I can't say for sure; definitely something that highlights the choreography.

Mr. Saturday Night - I could see them doing either 'Unbelievable' (a full-company moment) or 'A Little Joy' (possibly with some improv stand

Love Letters play casting
 Apr 15 2022, 05:58:29 PM

The possibilities for this show are practically endless. I've only ever seen two productions (Carol Burnett/Brian Dennehy on Broadway in 2014 and the live-streamed Bryan Cranston/Sally Field production in 2020) and enjoyed both; there are days I'm still disappointed Anjelica Houston and Martin Sheen never got to have their turn in the Broadway run. As for potential dreamcast: off the top of my head, Becky Ann and Dylan Baker would be fun to see.

"The Seagull" (2001) - Any experiences waiting for tickets?
 Aug 6 2021, 04:21:18 PM

As part of research for a play I am writing, I decided to reach out and ask this forum: Did anyone here wait in the line for the Public Theatre’s star-studded 2001 production of The Seagull?

I was only 8 when the production was staged, so I wasn’t really following the theatre scene at that time. It’s been pretty well-documented that this production was in high demand; with people often waiting up to 15 hours for a chance at getting a ticket or two, this and <

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You