News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for FFARLS

Member Name: FFARLS
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: re: re: re: Kerry Butler on the Today Show!  Nov 9 2003, 12:18:30 AM
As an actress, I think she makes the part her own and I generally enjoyed her while seeing the show. However, I have to say she sounds completely off key on the cast recording. It's totally upsetting, and I hope she was worth firing Alice Ripley or not choosing Felicia Finley over........
re: re: re: re: What Cast Recording is.....  Nov 9 2003, 12:11:05 AM
Bombay Dreams.... brilliant
re: re: re: Taboo vs DOTV  Nov 9 2003, 12:08:34 AM
listening to the London soundtrack intrigues me because I can't imagine what they could be doing up there. I like DOTV, thought it was OK, and think it could have been better. From what I have heard, I am assuming that it's going well, because everyone I have spoken to has liked it. I guess we'll have to see how the press takes it.
re: re: goodbye. your witch hunt wore me out.  Nov 7 2003, 01:06:10 PM
Stay on board and deal with reality!! Nothing is going to be perfect. I love this board, and feel that I have my best debates here. If you look back, I am an every-so-often poster, but either way, every time I say something, I cant wait to hear what other opinions people have. I learn a lot here, and hope you change your mind. :)
re: re: re: re: re: re: whats the most times you have ever seen a show and what was it?  Nov 7 2003, 12:58:57 PM
Aida- 23 and counting
Cats- 19 and it's soon to be 20, I am seeing the National Tour at Tilles Center this Sunday!!!!
Rocky Horror- 14
Miss Saigon- 9
Rent- 5
Chicago- 5

I'm only 20, so hopefully the list will keep on going!! Also, this was made possible because of every holiday since I was 7 or 8 and student tkts etc.

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Q & A: 11/6/03 - broadway.com Superior Replacements  Nov 7 2003, 12:55:10 PM
I know this is a more recent replacement, but Felicia Finley as Amneris in Aida I think is the best casting decision in a while!! She better do a dream concert if they ever have one!! Also, Liz Callaway as Grizabella, she was an amazing choice!!
re: re: re: re: re: The No Negative Comments Thread  Oct 1 2003, 12:03:39 PM
I heard Melanie Griffith is opening a dance studio on the upper west side. I also heard it's going to offer classes only in the Griffith technique (you know, no streching required before class starts). Yeahhhhhh!!!!
re: re: re: To SuttonBebeFaith regarding AMDA . . .  Oct 1 2003, 11:58:13 AM
Point Park has a GREAT alumni list, Boston Conservatory, NYU Tisch... however, I think it has 20% to do with where you went to school, and 80% to do with what you have to offer a show. No diploma will help you if you dont have a huge amount of talent to back it up. But, good luck in your auditions!!
re: re: re: Sutton gets star billing!  Oct 1 2003, 11:42:00 AM
She has been out both times I saw it... and I was very dissapointed each time. The movie is much much better than the show. But, anyway, good for her.
Vibrato... who do you think has the best and the worst??  Oct 1 2003, 11:40:23 AM
My vote- Alice Ripley and Lea Salonga- they both have very consistent and beautiful vibrato's. I think they define vibrato.

Also, I haaaate when someone does not vibrato or has an annoying one (i.e. Mandy Gonzalez, it's out of control!!!!! It's as if she has no control over it whatsoever!!)

re: re: re: re: Little Shop gets an A (in my book)  Oct 1 2003, 09:39:35 AM
Although I still will never know why Alice Ripley was fired, because Kerry cant even stay on key, I loved the show over all. The best for me was the three divas!! Especially the one who starts off "Downtown". Her energy and belt were amazing. I am just wondering how long they will hold out without loosing there voices. Training or not, no one can belt like that 8 times a week. And they only have 1 understudy for all three? That also shocked me.
Felicia Finley to revisit the role of Evita at the Helen Hayes Theatre on October 18th through November 2nd  Oct 1 2003, 09:33:53 AM
Felicia will once again play the role of Eva Peron at the Helen Hayes Theatre Company this month. It's more than worth the trip to Nyack. (I went to Maine to see her, and it was electrifying!)
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Best Female Belters  Oct 1 2003, 09:31:34 AM
Felicia Finley- Evita and Aida
Alice Ripley- Side Show, Rocky, Sunset etc.
Betty Buckley- her "He Plays the Violin".... amazing!
Bernadette Peters- Gypsy, Into The Woods etc.

re: re: your worst theatre expierece  Sep 29 2003, 02:49:23 PM
He was with his whooooole family, they were veeeeeeeery drunk, and yes, thank God I was not there to have anyone get sick on me. I'll never ever forget that. It's the onle time I have ever seen someone on stage actually look out to see what the fuss was about. Even when a man had a heart attack during Les Mis about three years ago on a Saturday afternoon, Eponine still couldn't help fallin for Marius.
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: One Last Posting  Sep 29 2003, 02:45:40 PM
The reason I joined this message board was because of the discussions and disagreements. They're amazing. Keep up the good work!
re: re: re: re: re: sutton - what's up with this?  Sep 29 2003, 02:28:29 PM
I am not a huge fan or a total hater, but I do know that when I am in rehersal I couldn't give a crap about who's there... I AM CONCENTRATING ON THE SHOW AND WHAT I WILL BE DOING NEXT ETC. Sorry for the caps but, come on. Also, she was a replacement at the last minute, right? She was probably VERY busy.
re: re: re: re: re: re: your worst theatre expierece  Sep 29 2003, 02:21:19 PM
During a performance of "Chicago", a very drunk man kept screaming "faggot" at the top of his lungs and stating that he is going to buy some "fag candy" during intermision for a "fag show". I was with three other people, all of us were about to get up and throw him out of his 2nd row mezz. seat. During the second act, he screamed it at the toooop of his lkungs during a rather quiet part, and someone actually looked right up at him from the stage in shock (he was 2nd row 1st mezz.). About ten min
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Your BEST theater experience ....  Sep 29 2003, 02:12:39 PM
Has to be the closing night of Side Show. As far as electric, there was enough to light the whole city during any blackout.
re: re: Chita Please Come To Chicago!  Aug 29 2003, 03:40:18 PM
Wait... I am sorry, the way this thread is going, it seems that she is in the show. Pleas ebe mroe specific, I just saw it on Sunday.
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Little Shop of Horrors  Aug 29 2003, 03:38:08 PM
Thats great! I have to get tkts, but I still cant get over the fact that I will not hear Alice singing Seymooooooooore (add a tremendous vibrato!!), but I will definatly go in with an open mind. Hope you all enjoy and please post a review!!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You