News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for lovinlovett

lovinlovett Profile Photo
Member Name: lovinlovett
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Les Miserables: So, what did you think?
 Jan 23 2013, 10:02:50 PM
"Well, she was dubbed by Marni Nixon on the coloratura intro to "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend" in that movie. All those trilly "No, no, nos." That's Marni. Once the verse starts to the song, it's Marilyn. And again, Marni does a seamless job of bridging a dubbed section with the star's actual voice."

No, I didn't know that and it is interesting. I will say that I've always hated that part of the song. Those trilly "no, no's" that seems to go on forever. I always wondered why th

Jan 23 2013, 10:02:22 PM
-

Jan 23 2013, 07:28:39 PM
While I do love the Phantom movie in spite of its flaws I must say it is one of the worst examples of lip syncing in a film. The actors and the lyrics were horribly out of sync in so many places. I was really amazed that they couldn't fix some of that in post production.

I do think it's interesting to see which actors they decided to dub in some of the classic films. For example, why did they dub Jean Simmons in Guys and Dolls, but not Marlon Brando? Why dub Deborah Kerr in The Kin

Jan 22 2013, 10:17:35 PM
With all due respect to Marni Nixon -

She is certainly entitled to her opinion. She is, after all, a professional singer and it's understandable that she feels that way. But I'd love to ask her why she thinks she wasn't cast as the leads in these classic movies? Why wasn't she asked to be Eliza Doolittle instead of Audrey Hepburn? Or Maria instead of Natalie Wood? Or Anna in the King and I? She was just their dubbed singing voices and that's all.

Can't wait to read some HUGH JACKMAN reviews!
 Oct 30 2011, 07:23:12 PM
I know *I* certainly think he has "it"! Absolutely!
Does Anyone Know Sutton's Last Anything Goes Performance?
 Oct 30 2011, 07:17:12 PM
Great news, yes? :) Have a good time!
 Oct 30 2011, 12:11:12 PM
Just did a little research and it looks like Stephanie J. Block will be performing! I'm sure whoever it is will be wonderful but I particularly love Stephanie so that would be great!

I'm happy again :)

Oct 30 2011, 12:01:51 PM
I was just all happy because she was recovered from her tonsillitis and we'd get to see her...

oh, well.

Oct 30 2011, 11:13:39 AM
The 4th through the 22nd of what? November? December?

I'm going next Saturday 11/5

re: NINE - I've kept my silence until now...
 Dec 31 2009, 04:30:29 PM
I saw Nine last night and I'm sad to say I must join the ranks of those who did not like it. I felt that the performances were generally solid but the poor editing and plot made the film disjointed and boring. I do not fault the actors, they gave it their all. The sets and costumes were fabulous. But everything else just fell flat.

May I also add that I'm very forgiving of movie musicals and I've pretty much liked every one that has come out over the last decade. But this one made me

re: Has anyone else stage doored NINE?
 Dec 28 2009, 11:25:50 AM
Omg, I finally went last night and I sat in the front row! I was so close to DDL that when he was singing his saliva was just spraying all over me! Oh, and the show was really good too!

re: What is your probability of seeing a show based on a celebrity being in
 Dec 27 2009, 09:28:57 PM
I'll bet for everyone on this board there's at least one *celebrity* they would go see live no matter what they were doing! Come on, admit it!
 Dec 27 2009, 09:23:27 PM
I don't know about that but my friend told me that Dame Dench auctioned off her bra after the show for $8,000!
 Dec 27 2009, 09:09:53 PM
Jordan Catalano: "Yeah you can eat in the theater. They serve popcorn there just like at Hairspray and let me tell you, Nicole got piiiiiiiiised someone was munching away during her one scene. She couldn't even keep her accent she was so upset."

LOL!

Can anyone tell me the best seats for audience interaction? I *heart* Daniel and I really hope he'll come over and sit on my lap during one of his songs. Thanks!

re: Footage of NIGHT MUSIC/CZJ singing Send in the Clowns
 Dec 25 2009, 12:06:05 PM
mywonderwall:

To me, Hunter was the only weak link in the show. His entire performance was over the top to me but I figured it was supposed to be comical (sort of like Johanna in the original Sweeney DVD). I'm not sure I'm reading that right but that was the only way I could justify it at the time, especially those *screams* you were referring to. Perhaps he was directed to do it that way? I saw it the first weekend of previews so I hope he's toned it down a bit since then.

re: Am I the only one who thinks Raul Esparza is extremely attractive?
 Dec 23 2009, 07:50:00 PM
qolbinau: "But seriously, is Hugh Jackman really that 'hot'?"

OMG YES!!!!!!!!!!!! In about every way possible!

And as for Raul Esparza, I didn't think so at first but after seeing the Company DVD a few times I now think he is extremely charismatic, sexy and yes.....attractive too.

re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Reviews....
 Dec 13 2009, 06:47:15 PM
Here's a little stage door footage of CZJ.

re: NIght Music: How's the balcony?
 Dec 6 2009, 01:49:57 AM
Well, I was sitting in Row A, Center Mezz and I remember looking up and back at those balcony seats thinking "wow, I'm glad I didn't get those seats!". My advice, spend the extra cash. Unless, of course, you've sat up there before and know that you'll be happy.
re: First Look: Catherine Zeta-Jones in A Little Night Music
 Dec 4 2009, 07:46:34 PM
Angela Lansbury looks wonderful, especially during the second act. She did not come out to sign after the show I saw, but it was freezing so I certainly don't blame her.
re: First Look: Catherine Zeta-Jones in A Little Night Music
 Dec 4 2009, 07:04:35 PM
Oh, thanks for these! Brings back nice memories :) She was very nice at stage door btw. She had on a black coat with a fur collar, very elegant. She stayed out for a little while to sign and even chatted with someone about her husband *grin*. She is breathtakingly beautiful in person, just as I had expected. Alexander Hanson was very pleasant also and I was quite affected by his physical presence He is very tall and muscular and extremely good-looking, stunning smile, he came out in shorts....ahem....but I digress...

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You