News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Den20

Member Name: Den20
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Musicals that SHOULDN'T be done in high schools...but have...
 Dec 2 2021, 11:26:03 PM

Of course there have to be modifications. But remember, ‘Let Me Entertain You’ is performed first as a child’s song … no change in lyric that I can recall when Gypsy does it later as an adult. Even Baby June wants the audience’s “spirit to climb.” As I recall, the only article she removes in her first ‘adult’ performance is a glove. No, I don’t think a high school production needs to show her progression to near nudity, of corse not

re: Musicals that SHOULDN'T be done in high schools...but have...
 Dec 2 2021, 09:37:01 PM

As a teacher and administrator in a Catholic high school for several decades, I think there are very few shows that can’t be done. I’ve seen excellent high school productions of Pippin and of A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, even with its sort of raunchy references to “courtesans and eunuchs.” Gypsy seems ok to me, too … consider the 1962 film which is definitely PG. What I think I’d start to question    are cases where language ha

Service Dogs in Theaters
 Sep 12 2021, 11:20:12 PM

Two experiences as an audience member, both very positive. I think most in the audience are happy to see them. The dogs were better behaved than some audience members, though one of them briefly (and quite charmingly) felt compelled to "sing along" to the "Phantom" medley in "The Prince of Broadway."

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You