News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BJones3

Member Name: BJones3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hadestown Understudies
 Mar 22 2022, 08:19:25 PM

It was his wording that made me wonder cause he said his “principal” debut. I didn’t know a swing would also be called a principal so wondered if he was taking over the role although I figured there would be an announcement. I’m also not really savvy in theater language so maybe principal refers to the role more so than the actor

Hadestown Understudies
 Mar 22 2022, 07:30:31 PM

Is Reeve returning to the show? He hasn’t been on in a few weeks.

Sayo wrote a long Instagram post about his principle debut as Orpheus? Does that mean he is now going to be performing the role or is he still a swing? 

Hadestown Understudies
 Mar 15 2022, 12:03:33 PM

orpheus4 said: "I do have to agree that the view from the mezz is absolutely wonderful. You notice so much more sitting in mezz, and see so many new things. I personally didn't like front row since I had to lean most of the show but I loved sitting in row c and d in mezz."

I was actually kind of worried about this in mezz, having to lean forward or having the railing in my line of vision.  Were you leaning forward to see over the rail or is it just that

Hadestown Understudies
 Mar 15 2022, 10:00:30 AM

Hello!

I saw Hadestown in November and sat in Orchestra center Row J and it was awesome!

I'm going back with my mom this spring and there are center front row mezzanine seats available for my date. Has anyone sat in these seats and can you see the actors facial expressions? Wondering if I should try these or stick with orchestra J or K since I know I like this view. Thank you so much!

Hadestown Understudies
 Nov 12 2021, 12:55:41 PM

Thomas Jefferson said: "Can anyone explain why this show seems to have such poor attendance?"

Does it? It was packed with a very enthusiastic audience when I went in NYC last week and I tried to get tickets to the tour in Texas and it was pretty much sold out (for the weekend) except for single seats. 
Or do you mean the cast and understudies…..

Hadestown Understudies
 Nov 11 2021, 09:32:54 AM

I saw it with Tom Hewitt and I thought he was wonderful! I haven’t seen Patrick Page and while I wish I could have, I don’t feel that I really missed out. Same with Amber since I saw Lana. However I am bigger fans of Eva and Reeve and would have felt I missed out not seeing them. Also I personally don’t think the show would have been the same without Andre de Shields but a lot here like his understudy better!

Hadestown Understudies
 Nov 5 2021, 07:14:35 AM
I saw the show last night and was very happy to get to see Eva, Reeve, Andre, Lana and Tom! I thought Lana and Tom were amazing and it was fun to hear voices different than the ones I’ve heard on the cast recording so many times. Eva’s “Flowers” brought me to tears which surprised me since it isn’t one of my favorite songs. Her performance was just amazing. Best show I’ve seen yet!!!! I have to comment on how amazing Jewelle is and I saw Khaila as a fate too and thought she was amazing as well!!
Hadestown Understudies
 Oct 29 2021, 01:58:25 PM

House of Gucci press screening is Nov 4. Ugh I wonder if that means Reeve may be out that night. Should I be nervous, switch my tickets to Nov 6 perhaps. Grrr. Not sure how press screening works and if actors are present for that somewhere or not. But John was so happy about going on that I figure by now he would have announced if he had that date too. 

Hadestown Understudies
 Oct 29 2021, 01:53:13 PM
I did check that premier date is November 24. I’m going to hope that is why Trent is rehearsing and that there wouldn’t be a change made this quickly before Nov 4. I was worried about him being out for filming of the Jeff Buckley bio but haven’t seen any news on that.
Hadestown Understudies
 Oct 29 2021, 12:46:44 PM

Just gonna say it! I’m going to be super annoyed if I don’t get to see Reeve! What’s this rumor about Trent? Is Reeve leaving soon? I just hope he stays through Nov 4! I know Anthony Chatmon was understudy for Orpheus as well as John so I’m just hoping that he’s kind of assuming that role and that Reeve will continue to have good attendance for another week!!! I would consider switching my tickets if I heard he wouldn’t be there my date like I did when I sa

Hadestown Understudies
 Oct 22 2021, 07:52:55 PM

I go Nov 4. Everyone please send good thoughts I get to see Reeve and Eva!!! The more people are out the more worried I am that I won’t see any of the OBC in the lead roles. O well!

Hadestown Understudies
 Oct 17 2021, 01:44:42 PM
Mine are for early November and I am counting the days!!! I have been looking forward to it since March 2020!!!
Hadestown Understudies
 Oct 17 2021, 01:37:00 PM

Yep you’re right. Anthony’s insta says understudy for Hermès and Orpheus! I know Reeve is in the Jeff Buckley biopic and was wondering when that would begin filming. Can’t find anything on it since March. 

Hadestown Understudies
 Oct 17 2021, 01:22:42 PM
Good to hear! I do follow both of the understudies for Reeve and Eva and it seems that John and Khaila usually announce about a month in advance when they will go on. Do any other cast members ever take the role of Orpheus or Eurydice?
Hadestown Understudies
 Oct 17 2021, 12:44:57 PM
I’m sure they are all amazing! It’s more me just being a fan geek from listening to the cast recording so many times and waiting for this for so long ha ha! I think Eva’s voice is incredible and I was a Penny Dreadful fan so really want to see Reeve. And I just don’t see how anyone can replicate the personality that Andre brings to the show! I live in Texas so it’s a big deal for me when I go to NYC for shows. I wish I could go all the time and see them all take the stage!
Hadestown Understudies
 Oct 17 2021, 12:24:43 PM
Well at this rate I will be happy to see Reeve and Eva and cross my fingers to see Andre. I really wish they would announce the cast for the upcoming month’s shows when possible. I wonder why they don’t do that. Sure things come up last minute but it seems many switches are planned in advance but not announced until last minute. I understand they all work hard and need breaks/vacations!
Hadestown Understudies
 Oct 17 2021, 12:24:15 PM

Hadestown Understudies
 Oct 16 2021, 10:38:41 AM
So right now I have tickets for a Thursday night. I really want to see Reeve and Eva and I think chances are pretty good for that. Patrick won’t be back yet and obviously not sure about
Amber. How about Andre de shields because I really hope to see him!! Does anyone know if he usually performs Thursdays?

Hadestown Understudies
 Oct 11 2021, 11:00:56 AM

That's right I think I was getting Afra and Lana and their roles confused. I wonder what Lana's schedule will be.. . .. 

Hadestown Understudies
 Oct 11 2021, 10:44:09 AM

Actually I see on Afra's Insta that she will be out Oct 24- Dec 7 so maybe I will get to see Amber!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You