News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ChrisHerz

ChrisHerz Profile Photo
Member Name: ChrisHerz
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Chicago's Wicked eligible for Jeff's?
 Aug 26 2005, 10:15:10 PM
I believe that only ONE Jeff award is awarded per category. The Non-Equity Jeff citations give as many as they see fit, to several different winners, but the Equity awards only hand out one. Unless things have changed from a few years back...
re: The Color Purple - the musical
 Aug 10 2005, 06:30:03 PM
Awwww man, The Color Purple is going to be so great. Gary is such an amazing director... he moves beyond the spectacle of theatre and helps his actors understand, define, and become their characters in a way that is simply breathtaking. And I think I have some temporary bragging rights, cause he's directed me twice .

re: Vocal Nodes
 Jul 24 2005, 03:02:21 PM
Hey... just wanted to add that I went to the ENT to get my cords checked out, as I thought I had nodes (I grew up doing 8 shows a week, for over three years straight... with bad bad technique) because I was losing my upper range and there was a very strange "crackling" sound on some of my notes, and after the doctor did the whole tube up my nose and down my throat thing, he determined that it was the same problem many many singers encounter, which is reflux.

Don't forget about this pos

re: wicked chicago lotto
 Jul 21 2005, 09:43:04 PM
If you don't win the lotto... wait outside before the show (especially during a matinee) and maybe you'll get tickets. Find a nice person and you'll get them cheap. I got main floor seats for 20 bucks, center section at a "sold out" show.
re: Audition Songs
 Jul 20 2005, 09:23:17 PM
Agreed... generally, if there's something you REALLY want the creative team to hear you sing from the show, the best option is to walk into the room and say "would you like me to sing from the show, or would you like to hear..." and then have your musical theatre songs prepared. Important point: don't get your heart set on singing from the show.

re: Chicago - seating advice for the Cadillac Palace Theater
 Jul 20 2005, 08:59:47 PM
Chicago does rock, indeed

The city is beautiful, the theatres are awesome, and the community of actors and the support they have for each other is just amazing... you can smell it in the air. Kinda.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You