News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for HotelActorBrooklyn

Member Name: HotelActorBrooklyn
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

TWO GENTS @ THE PARK? WHEN SHOULD I LINE UP FOR TIX
 Aug 31 2005, 01:34:37 PM
Embarassing that I have lived in NY as an actor for a couple of years and never saw a Shakespeare in the Park production. I really want to see Two Gents since I love the musical. When should I line up at the Delacourte or at The Public? Someone please give me as many details as you can...Thanks!!
re: Merrily We Roll Along
 Aug 25 2005, 11:36:18 AM
Merrily is an amazing show!! I did a production of the revised script about 8 years ago and fell in love. I too have the OCR and the York revival and love both. The whole argument about the audience not getting the "time" concept of how the BRILLIANT book is written is just pure ignorance. It is very easy to understand. I do agree that the original just went into the whole thing with a bad concept and was not very attractive that way. I think if a very innovative director and team came in
re: Honest opinion about Sweeney Todd
 Aug 11 2005, 01:54:34 PM
DEF ONE OF THE BEST MUSICALS EVER WRITTEN..DARK, OPERATIC, BRILLIANT SCRIPT..THE SHOWS YOUR MOM LIKES THAT SHE SAW WON'T EVER MATCH UP TO OLD SCHOOL SONDHEIM!
Annie
 Aug 10 2005, 11:55:18 AM
If she is as bad as an actress as she was on Queer as Folk this past and final season..the Minskoff will be burning to the ground!!
re: Threepenny Opera recording
 Aug 10 2005, 11:52:20 AM
Please, Please Errico Fan burn a copy of the Raul Julia version and send it to everyone in the world!! I have always wanted to hear him and Ellen Greene.
re: Threepenny Opera recording
 Aug 10 2005, 10:57:43 AM
The '54 version is the BEST! It is the orginal Marc Blitzstein translation. I was in a produciton of it a few years ago.. Amazing show! Hopefully the new Wallace Shawn translation coming to Studio 54 in the Spring will be halfway decent. The '94 Donmar Warehouse prod has good instrumentals with a large orchestra but the translated lyrics are horrible I think.
re: Worst show YOU HAVE BEEN IN?
 Aug 9 2005, 04:42:06 PM
A communit college production of Cabaret that hurt me so much because it was that bad. Our Emcee was so terrible, he did the standard mime make-up which looked horrible and then he did a flying dutchman cheerleading move in the middle of an introduction for Sally Bowles. Oh and one of the performances all the light went out on stage and just randomly our Light Board Op hit the board with a fist and they all went back on... BAD!!
re: Marc Shaiman responds to Michael John La Chiusa
 Aug 8 2005, 02:54:18 PM
I usually just read the message boards to see what others have to say about random theatrical topics..but I was able to read MJL's essay and Marc Shaiman's response. I have to say that I am a huge fan of MJL's "The Wild Party" and "Hairspray" respectively but I really don't think that Mr. La Chiusa should be expressing his clearly passionate views on the topic of the American Musical if he wishes to continue getting his works produced luckily on the Great White Way. I know that in the stage ar
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You