News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for toetapper2

Member Name: toetapper2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
 Nov 3 2023, 11:03:02 AM

Just bring back the Encores! Bash for a two night benefit. Here's a list of performers from the November 22, 2002 Bash-

Brent Barrett, Sarah Uriarte Berry, Philip Bosco, Kristin Chenoweth, Lewis Cleale, Patti Cohenour, David Costabile, Tyne Daly, Christine Ebersole, David Elder, Melissa Errico, Christopher Fitzgerald, Steven Goldstein, Debbie Gravitte, Norm Lewis, Rebecca Luker, Stanley Wayne Mathis, Howard McGillin, Idina Menzel, Donna Murphy, Bebe Neuwirth, Kerry O&

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
 Nov 2 2023, 06:10:49 PM

I wish Jesse Green would stop referring to "the usual City Center problem of under-rehearsal...."

Imagine how much better "Into The Woods", "Chicago", "On The Town", "No, No Nanette", "Most Happy Fella" and "Gypsy" would have been if they'd had more rehearsal time. 

Pal Joey seems to have been in development for a number of years. The problem with this production is not the lack of rehe

Nov 1 2023, 07:56:34 PM

Rodgers and Hart contributed some of the greatest songs in The Great American Songbook. If you've heard Ella Fitzgerald, Tony Bennett, Billie Holiday, Frank Sinatra, Lena Horne and so many other great artists perform these wonderful songs you might be seriously disappointed at what  you hear in this production of Pal Joey. Yes, this was a dress rehearsal and the show might not be frozen but these musical arrangements are truly awful. I don't think there's one n

Encores’ THE LIFE - Performances & Reviews
 Mar 19 2022, 08:09:36 PM

And when they look at the coroner's report on the death of Encores! it'll show homicide by injection of large doses of woke.

Mar 16 2022, 08:47:54 PM

From your lips to Lear's ear.

Mar 16 2022, 04:30:23 PM

If Billy Porter wants to tweak or f--k with the book that's fine by me but when you start messing with the music by adding a funk beat to just about every number, that's another matter. I don't go to Encores so much for the book as I do for the music. I want to hear the original arrangements. Last nights' performance was really hindered by poor sound design and the funky arrangements made everything sound alike. It was musical wallpaper. Cy Coleman deserved better.

The Tap Dance Kid at Encores
 Feb 7 2022, 01:30:12 PM

The last Encores production before the covid shutdown was Mack & Mable which had a problematic book but a wonderful score. So after waiting for two years this is the production the new artistic team chose to kick off with. THIS?? What on earth made them choose a show with a mediocre book and an equally unremarkable score? I thought a large part of selecting the Encores productions was to rediscover and appreciate the scores from lost or forgotten musicals.

Lear deBessonet,

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You