News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for howardbf

howardbf Profile Photo
Member Name: howardbf
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Tell us your dream Broadway revival!  Jul 6 2019, 09:16:49 AM

Oh! Calcutta! with Chris Hemsworth, Liam Hemsworth, Jake Gyllenhaal and Channing Tatum.  

Many Broadway Shows Going Dark on Election Day 2016  Oct 4 2016, 08:28:05 PM

gypsy101 said: "isn't voting over by 8 pm basically everywhere?

See below

• Primary Elections: In New York City and the counties of Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, Rockland, Orange, Putnam and Erie, POLLS OPEN AT 6 AM - CLOSE AT 9 PM. In all other counties, POLLS OPEN AT 12 NOON and CLOSE AT 9 PM.

"

Sarah Ramirez Return To Broadway?  Jul 17 2016, 02:26:51 AM

Sarah Ramirez Return To Broadway?  Jul 12 2016, 10:30:23 PM

You're right. It's Sara pronounced Sada.  I reversed it.  

Sarah Ramirez Return To Broadway?  Jul 12 2016, 10:26:19 PM

Before the theater queens tear you apart, fix your post. The woman's name is Sada, not Sarah.

Mandatory bag-checks at the Shuberts?  Nov 27 2015, 01:33:59 PM

In 2001, about a month after September 11, we went to  the Winter Garden to see Mamma Mia. It had recently opened. My husband and I were both coming from work  so we both had our cases. They inspected them prior to entering the theater. Neither one of us carried anything more than some paperwork.  Upon entering the actual theater, I was told I needed to check my bag. My husband didn't.  His was older and a little fatter but my bag was the one they decided needed to be

Please help me figure out the name of these shows  Oct 15 2015, 02:00:49 PM

Then that might very well be the one. Also wondering if it's the same play regarding the first question. That would be too good to be true LOL   Thanks again!

Please help me figure out the name of these shows  Oct 15 2015, 01:16:25 PM

Definitely not The Others, unless it was a play. I saw that movie. Awesome film, btw.   But the play was set with some sort of silk screen in front of it which at the end was lifted and that's when we found out they were dead. 

I was also looking at that last you provided earlier.  The only thing that struck a nerve was a play with Julie Harris called Voices.  Just have to check to see the background of that show.  Thanks for your help.  

Please help me figure out the name of these shows  Oct 15 2015, 12:49:33 PM

Many years back, a play opened and 2 real deaths occurred in the leading ladies personal lives. I believe both of their fathers had died (or one's husband and the other's father). In any event, the older, more experienced actress told the younger actress that if she (the younger) could perform that night, so could she.  They both did perform.  The play was short-lived (no pun intended).  I've Googled everything I can think of, and come up short.  

Hedwig tour set for early October 2016  Aug 23 2015, 03:04:36 PM

Will they change the name of the show when it plays London to "Hedwig and the Angry Centimeter"?

Sydney Lucas was robbed of a Tony  Jul 12 2015, 09:59:48 PM

"http://www.nytimes.com/video/theater/100000003727748/in-performance-ruthie-ann-miles.html 

I don't see how this tepid rendition of Something Wonderful wins the Tony over the thrilling performance Sydney Lucas gives. And it's not that Lady Thiang has that much to do it the show otherwise. Sydney was robbed."

SHE WAS ROBBED??? DID ANYONE CALL THE POLICE!!!

Omar Sharif Had Passed Away  Jul 12 2015, 09:58:38 PM

"He had one of the greatest "entrances" in Lawrence of Arabia."

I watched the film the other day and that is EXACTLY what I tweeted. That's the way to make an entrance!

Possible Stage Roles for Jake Gyllenhaal  Jul 12 2015, 09:54:33 PM

I'd see (again) Naked Boys Singing; Love, Valor, Compassion or Take Me Out if Jake were in any of those. I could seriously see him in a role in the last two.  And I'd be in the front row LOL.

Bruce Willis & Elizabeth Marvel Are Headed to Broadway in MISERY!  Jun 23 2015, 01:06:05 PM

Why is this even necessary? Doing a live version of a movie that was a book that millions have already seen/read seems more like Hollywood rebooting Spiderman/Superman/Batman et al. Have we completely run out of imagination? Can no one come up with something new? I don't have anything against revivals. I like revivals. But this isn't a revival and can add nothing new to the story. Other than to get people to spend money to see Bruce Willis live, I can see no reason for this. I remem

delays at 20th Century  Jun 21 2015, 03:14:10 PM

Well, it does concern a train.

Next Bradley Cooper show?  Jun 17 2015, 12:22:35 AM

Naked Boys Singing. Playing all the roles.

Why is London getting Funny Girl and we aren't?  Jun 17 2015, 12:21:04 AM

It's our final punishment for the American Revolution.

Roles Kelli Can Win Another Tony For  Jun 11 2015, 12:18:05 AM

Tevye-Fiddler on the Roof

Jean Valjean-Les Miserables

and I'd kill to see her play Willy Loman in Death of a Salesman.

Famous People You Have Spotted at Broadway Shows  Jun 2 2015, 03:39:14 PM

I urinated next to Billy Joel when I saw Carousel in 1994 at the Vivian Beaumont.

Sat in back of Katharine Hepburn during Into the Woods when Dick Cavett played the narrator.  

What's your favorite show with sailors?  May 15 2015, 11:28:00 PM

Any bathhouse during Fleet Week

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You