News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Shower Singer

Member Name: Shower Singer
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 May 10 2022, 12:42:09 PM

dramamama611 said: "And yet this year, there are SIX nom in a number of categories. Isn't there also a rule about how many votes are needed to get the last spot - if it's going to be expanded? (I could be confusing that with something else.)"

Yes, your'e right.  If there's a tie for the last slot, all of those who tied are nominated so it can result in more than five nominees:

There shall be no more than four nominees in each category; pro

75th Annual Tony Nominations
 May 10 2022, 01:04:13 AM

Wick3 said: "HenryTDobson said: "With all the unexpected Paradise Square love, I think Kalukango has a real chance at winning this thing. She's easily the highlight of the show and it would be the best way to recognize the show. It's definitely between her and Clarke."

Both ladies were amazing! I do wonder how many of the 800 Tony voters got to see Caroline or Change back in the fall/early winter.
In order to vote in any award category, the

May 10 2022, 12:55:13 AM

HenryTDobson said: "With all the unexpected Paradise Square love, I think Kalukango has a real chance at winning this thing. She's easily the highlight of the show and it would be the best way to recognize the show. It's definitely between her and Clarke."

Totally agree.  Despite all the hard work of the folks on and back stage, Paradise Square is still a bit of a mess, but Kalukango is simply spectacular and I do think she's got a shot at winning.&n

May 9 2022, 11:19:11 AM

Jordan Catalano said: "thesmash said: "Fishburne missing out a nomination is too bad, I thought him and Rockwell were both dynamite. There’s only so many slots though I suppose."

Wasn’t he out with Covid for a while? Possible they didn’t get to see him.
"

Nominators are required to see all all eligible performers - and eligible performer is defined as those in the cast on opening night.  So if a nomina

May 9 2022, 10:52:41 AM

It seems the Tony Nominations fairly echo the majority of comments on the board.  One nomination for Jared, which was well deserved.  It will be interesting to see how this impacts the box office.  I'm wondering how the creatives who made the reviews all look glowing will spin one nomination (for featured actor), but I'm sure they'll figure something out!

Apr 24 2022, 10:44:50 PM

MayAudraBlessYou2 said: "Ever since I saw this I have been wondering why people continue to predict Beanie for a Tony nom (I even see users on Gold Derby having her WIN! I mean WHAT??) These reviews are reminding me that I am not crazy: she is def not getting in.

Clarke, Kalukango, Lenk, and Foster are all set. Cusack and Winningham battle for the 5th slot.

I think Jane Lynch can still score a nomination. Maaaaaybe Ramin, but probably just misses? Maaaaaybe Jare

Apr 24 2022, 10:38:52 PM

Lorna Joe said: "Mixed reviews, eh? WICKED got mixed reviews too. I am thrilled for this revival. It will thrive...."

Mixed???  These are pretty much universally bad, but you go and polish that turd with your positivity!

Apr 3 2022, 01:32:13 AM

Robbie2 said: "Bettyboy72 said: "Didn’t Sheridan Smith have attendance problems, so much that it became an issue? Didn’t she leave for an extended period for exhaustion?"

Sheridan Smith pulls out of Funny Girl for up to a month because of stress

Star of West End show taking two- to four-week leave of absence due to stress and exhaustion, producers say

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2016/may/12/sheridan-smith-pulls-out-funny-girl-month-stress-exhaustion-west-end
"

She was out quite a bit and did take extended leaves, but it wasn't from stress and exhaustion.

Apr 3 2022, 01:19:03 AM

YettaTelebenda2 said: "Sutton Ross said: "Anyone saying she will WIN a Tony is beyond delusional. Yikes."

I stand by what I said. Regardless of what industry professionals say, I think this will get good reviews and Beanie will win a Tony.
"

She's soooo not winning a Tony with this performance.

Apr 1 2022, 11:59:10 PM

stranger411 said: "I apologize if this was mentioned already earlier in the thread (searched pretty thoroughly and couldn’t find any posts) but someone mentioned Beanie had some scheduled absences in May. Anyone know the exact dates? Thank you in advance!!"

April 29, 30, and May 1 - There's a note on the Seat Geek Ticketing site

Apr 1 2022, 11:39:16 PM

RippedMan said: "Having now watched Smith - and she won the Oliver as well right? - I'm surprised they didn't bring her over and instead opted to use a lesser singer? Interesting."

She was out a LOT in London and was having "family issues" (which from what I understand were not really family issues).

Also, she's a national treasure in the UK but completely unknown here in the states, so is even less known than Feldstein is in the US, whic

Apr 1 2022, 11:30:10 PM

Auggie27 said: "Those of us who don't sing, and have no knowledge of how voices train -- both to land specific music and endure over a run -- would appreciate any information experts can share here.

Two narratives are emerging about Funny Girl: 1) it's early, and Feldstein will negotiate the score more successfully with more performances, better understanding of the demands, and acquired stamina; and 2) she's had months to train, weeks to rehearse, and

Apr 1 2022, 05:33:47 AM

Fair warning...long post!! I was at the second preview on Monday night. Let me say that again, it was the SECOND PREVIEW – so with that in mind, there’s some good news and (as much as I wanted to love this production) some bad news.

The good news is that there’s a Broadway revival of Funny Girl with a couple of standout performances and some truly hysterical one-liners that have been added in the revised book. The bad news is that one of the standout performances wasn

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You