News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for shiaho

Member Name: shiaho
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Disney’s HERCULES at the Paper Mill Playhouse- P/reviews & News Thread
 Feb 17 2023, 01:05:05 AM

Yikes. This show is not going on Broadway anytime soon. 

Preface, I am a huge Hercules fan and this was my first time at Pappermill so I was very excited going into this. 

Unfortunately, it was a big disappointment. Let’s just start by saying, the new songs need A LOT of work. None of the songs moved the plot forward, nor memorable (if anything, it slowed the show down). There was some mic issues, flubbed lines, and a brief 10 minu

The Official TDF Thread
 Nov 10 2022, 12:13:15 PM

Hairspray0901 said: "Re: SITH - I thought there was a TDF “rule” that you couldn’t be given seats of lesser value than the TDF price? How much is balcony going for regularly? That is why I didn’t think balcony was “allowed”."

Not sure about this since I got a partial-view seat in orchestra last Friday. Definitely the worst seat I've gotten through TDF. I think the seat I got is usually sold as a Rush ticket ($30 value). 

K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Oct 27 2022, 12:18:07 PM

YvanEhtNioj said: "I generally only go see Broadway shows once before moving on to the next one, but this is the first time that I left a show and instantly got on TodayTix to see it again.
"

This is exactly how I felt! The book is a mess, but the show was so much fun that I ended up buying tickets for myself and my boyfriend for a future date. I'm hoping they make some drastic changes to the book by opening. 

P.S. I cried during the opening numb

Lillias White Calling Out Deaf Audience Member For Using CC Device
 Oct 13 2022, 12:18:48 PM

Most Broadway shows are programmed but the Public does live captioning. If you ever sit near the sound booth, you can see someone "typing" the captions with a script on a music stand.

Beautiful/Inspirational end of act Chorus - who invented?
 Jul 28 2022, 03:54:33 PM

The idea of having a big beautiful chorus number at the end of an act is not a new cliche. It is commonly seen in operas and it’s called a finaletto. 

Sondheim was greatly inspired by operas which is why it is commonly seen in his work. Also, Jonathan Larson and Lin Manuel Miranda’s works are greatly influenced by Sondheim so we see finalettos in many of their shows/films. They’re a great tool to summarize conflict(s) before intermission/end of the ac

The Official TDF Thread
 Apr 1 2022, 11:38:38 AM

POTUS is up for 4/14 – 4/23

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You