News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for andrewsmash

Member Name: andrewsmash
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Most Elaborate/Technically Advanced Scenic Designs
 Apr 21 2023, 12:37:29 AM

I would think The Cursed Child would fit into this list and maybe POTUS? Also thinking about Hangmen. That set was pretty incredible for its use of space.

PRIMA FACIE Previews
 Apr 14 2023, 11:10:13 PM
Everyone has their opinions but I'm shocked to see people posting on here saying she (or the performance) lacks experience or that the book is a weak link. I saw it tonight and I felt like everything about this was so captivating and moving. One of the best things I have seen or probably will see. I hope she wins the Tony! I can't imagine what it's like to do that show 8 shows a week.
Ryan & Uzele to lead NEW YORK, NEW YORK On Broadway
 Mar 25 2023, 01:37:11 PM

I do agree the book is the weak link out of it all but like I said - I'm interested to see how they trim it up and make it tighter. I am generally someone who is hard to displease when I go to the theater. I always take away something so I'm probably not the person's review you should take to heart. I loved Beanie in Funny Girl when I saw it in the first preview. So.

Mar 25 2023, 12:40:38 AM

Echoing all of the above!! The scenic was everything I was hoping it would be. Anna Uzele truly gives a show stopping performance. She got a standing ovation for But The World Goes 'Round and I hope she does every night. I get the Kermit comparisons but I really loved Colton Ryan. His voice fits perfectly and makes you swoon. I also found Anna and Colton's chemistry to be pretty good, especially for a first preview.

The dancing is incredible (the tap number is so fun) and every

Broadway Cares Flea Market
 Mar 24 2023, 07:02:42 PM

Looks like the broadway cares website has it marked for October 1st! But there was no official announcement I don't think. So not sure what that means.

Mar 24 2023, 02:41:52 PM

Seeing this tonight! Will report back. :) I'm excited!

The Official TDF Thread
 Mar 13 2023, 12:00:02 AM

Life of Pi was Mezzanine Right C12 for me! Amazing seats.

Chastain stars in A DOLL'S HOUSE On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
 Mar 3 2023, 12:16:01 PM

Bettyboy72 said: "I agree that Thornton is incredibly touching as the Doctor. I hope he is remembered during awards season."

Ah yes. I really loved him. I also loved him in Macbeth as well!

The Official TDF Thread
 Mar 2 2023, 11:17:45 AM

Got A Doll's House tickets through TDF! I sat Dress Circle Right C2. Objectively was a great seat but still sort of felt like it was a little too far to really see the actors emotions.

Chastain stars in A DOLL'S HOUSE On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
 Mar 2 2023, 11:16:18 AM

I went last night (got a ticket from TDF - sat in the Dress Circle C2 and even then felt it was a little bit too far away). I knew there was no intermission from all the signage and ushers but I didn't realize it would still be roughly 2 hours long. I realize it would be hard to have a point where intermission feels appropriate but dang - that was long. There were people who got up before the show ended.

I'm curious for other people who went, how was the audience? I felt there

2022 Broadway Real Estate
 Jul 1 2022, 11:24:46 AM

Here is a recent article that talks about it briefly! (New York, New York) It's hard to find anything about it online given the word association.

Link Here

2022 Tony Award Performances
 Jun 10 2022, 07:28:57 PM
Has a show that's currently running ever sung the in-memoriam? I feel like Girl From the North Country's Forever Young would be so pretty for it.
Which Digital Lotteries Have You Won Since Broadway Has Been Back ?
 May 22 2022, 01:50:48 PM

Paradise Square (Orchestra Right - Seat F14)

Moulin Rouge (Balcony Right - Seat D22)

Mr. Saturday Night (Mezzanine Center - Seat L101)

Hangmen - Won for the first Preview Night (Orchestra Center - Seat C114)

Six (Orchestra Left - Seat E17)

Suffs (Seat B11)

Harry Potter and The Cursed Child (Orchestra Left - Seat V31)

Plaza Suite (Balcony Left - Seat A21 - Partial View)

I've tried Harry Potter for so long (probably every possible day

Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl
 Apr 30 2022, 11:27:25 AM

I am desperately wanting to see Julie as Fanny but I want to see her when she's on stage with Ramin as Nick. He made me swoon the entire show when I saw it in previews. Keeping an eye out in case she fills in last minute so I can catch the two together before August!!

MR. SATURDAY NIGHT Previews
 Apr 6 2022, 01:25:17 PM

The audience ate it up when I saw it!

I will agree with the thoughts above though. I won a lottery ticket and sat in 101 Row L in the Mezzanine. The singing is not there (excluding Shosh). But I found the scenes and jokes to be really funny and engaging. The set is weirdly terrible. I don't understand for a production with such a big star has something that is so lackluster.

The trio is definitely giving EVERYthing to their roles which was great to watch. I feel like this wo

Mr. Saturday Night
 Apr 5 2022, 10:41:31 PM

I won the lottery for this and sat in Row L, Seat 101, in the Mezz! Wasn't the best seat but wasn't the worst by any stretch.

Its genuinely funny and I had a great time because I didn't pay that much for it. I really wanted the singing to be better but it just wasn't there. The songs were fine but I just wanted their voice to have more punch and wow. Shoshana Bean is CRIMINALLY underused. The set was surprisingly subpar and not one you would associate with Broadway let

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You