News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Lorna Joe

Lorna Joe Profile Photo
Member Name: Lorna Joe
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Sep 11 2022, 03:50:22 AM

Lea out... tested positive for COVID. Julie Benko in until Sept. 18th. Get well soon, Lea. 

Aug 11 2022, 10:05:22 PM

I am thrilled to be seeing this. The music is gorgeous and so many memories. I better not sing along. But I will be tempted so maybe during intermission I will dance in the aisle. 

May 12 2022, 08:52:09 PM

banned

May 3 2022, 04:28:39 PM

joevitus said: "Just as I don't like the viciousness towards Beanie, I think Lorna Joe's swipes at Julie are equally bad and childish. She's an actual person."

How about the constant swipes at me? Does that matter? Is that not childish? Am I not an actual person? I find it funny and take it all in good humor, but perhaps all the charientisms should be viewed under the same umbrella and they should not be cherry picked. 

May 3 2022, 01:20:44 AM

Sutton Ross said: "Hey all, let's all block Bea- er Lorna Joe and never quote her againheart"

Thanks Sutton Rose, I appreciate the friendly atmosphere and the warmth... not to make it about me, but I love acceptance of diversity in all forms, which includes different opinions. 

I had a difficult road as a teen, being a transgender during a confusing time when that was not even discussed. I was born a girl, identified as a boy and still liked boys so I suppose I was gay... but I was fluid and reverted to identifying as a girl later in life.

I dedicated my first book to that boy who got lost inside me: Maurice. He deserved better.... but now at 75 I just take the attitude that it was what it was. 

I love this forum so thanks for the hospitality. Cheers! 

May 2 2022, 06:13:58 PM

Skip23 said: " I have to agree. Nothing special about Julie Benko. I saw her in this show. Any chorus girl probably could have done as good. She doesn't have "it". She's a perfectly good understudy."

Exactly! She is generic... very cookie cutter. She has no "brand," no definitive style. She's a safe bet. Any other singer can imitate her because she has no sound that makes any song her own; play he

May 2 2022, 02:08:52 PM

pagereynolds said: "Sorry that you're apparently taking out your jealousy or personal grudge here."

This is not about ME. I find Julie Benko annoying and shrill. I do not think a cyber analysis of me is necessary if my opinion differs from yours. Thank-you. Have a wonderful day. 

May 2 2022, 02:03:38 PM

pagereynolds said: "Wow, who hurt you?"

Thishttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OlfcFaWgtM

It's my opinion, just an opinion about FUNNY GIRL. 

May 2 2022, 01:56:48 PM

Idinamenzel18 said: "Just saw the show with Julie.

It’s a whole different show. She absolutely blows the roof off the theater. I saw it with Beanie on Easter, and she just cannot compare to Julie’s acting and singing. Julie is such a star, and so perfect for this role. If you get a chance to see Julie, absolutely go. If she was the full time lead, the show would’ve received better reviews. That’s how much her performance elevated the material.

Apr 30 2022, 11:14:31 PM

pagereynolds said: "Unfortunately, the casting has almost everything to do with whether or not you're going to enjoy this show. It's not a very good show."

Well I know me and I know I will love it. I did not like MY FAIR LADY with Lauren Ambrose, so I could like this because I tend to not always agree with the popular opinion. I loved CHAPLIN and that got terrible reviews. 

I stay positive. 

Apr 30 2022, 02:14:05 PM

Robbie2 said: "When are you seeing it? I suggest seeing it this weekend based on all the raves that Julie Benko is receiving! Julie as Fanny is the ''Greater Star'' - We are going tomorrow even though we have tickets later in May but we probably will not want to see the weaker Fanny - Beanie Feldstein."

I am seeing it in July. I do not care who plays Fanny. Stronger or weaker, makes no difference to me at all. The spirit of the revival and the

Apr 30 2022, 01:52:32 AM

Jordan Catalano said: "Did they see the show or just drive past it?"

Thanks for asking.... they drove past the theater a few days later on their way for dinner at Estiatorio Milos in the Hudson Yards. They also on that day got tickets for a few other shows and tickets to FUNNY GIRL for their neighbors. They are excited. 

I am so happy FUNNY GIRL is thriving. 

Apr 30 2022, 12:33:02 AM

My cousin saw FUNNY GIRL this week and she said they LOVED it. She said the audience adored it.... they left the theater happy and smiling. Then they sang the tunes all the way home.

They want to see CHICAGO with Pam Anderson and JERSEY BOYS... is that even still going strong? 

Apr 26 2022, 02:38:53 AM

Wow this delight over some bad reviews is just loshen hara. My rabbi is not happy. 

There are enough good reviews to fill seats until the end of Beanie's contract. And the joy over the bad reviews is pathetic. The jealousy of wannabes because Beanie got this role is transparent... it's the butthurt anger from those who never make it out of the chorus. 

And then there are those who mention other singers such as Julie Benko or Sheridan Smith or Lauren Amb

Apr 25 2022, 09:47:14 PM

message below

Apr 25 2022, 06:34:35 PM

deleted

Apr 25 2022, 04:51:25 PM

Haley Reinhart.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ipXA9lJzc0

She could bring it. 

Apr 25 2022, 03:53:05 PM

Dolly80 said: "She should NEVER have taken this role on. Yes the producers are massively to blame- but everyone should know their own limitations and she should have said no. I wouldn’t play Hamlet if I was asked."

Why not? I played Mame Dennis in Mame years ago and then played Tevye in Fiddler on the Roof... it was in a school auditorium. Ver vais. It was fun. 

And at HB Studio I played Hamlet in a Bill Hickey class. If you

Apr 25 2022, 03:45:02 PM

Duckie4 said: "DAME said: "Especially when they become obsessed like joevitusand that other guy with his car. People didn't like it. People want to talk about it. What is it to you? You are both on here more than anyone else. You are the ones that are obsessed.

I have always loved Funny Girl. And I don't think the show itself would be receiving so much criticism if the lead had been cast properly. I hope we get to see some replacements. But I don't thi

Apr 25 2022, 11:18:44 AM

songanddanceman2 said: "It's sad how gleeful people are about the negative response to the leading lady, yet seem to be missing the fact that critics really didn't like the SHOW. This is a bad musical with a bad book, and critics rightfully called it out. So yes, the leading lady may not be perfect, but the show itself is a naff dated show.

I am not sure who wrote this, but this comment nails it: "A lot of bitchiness and shade last ni

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You