News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Harpo

Harpo Profile Photo
Member Name: Harpo
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Full Cast Announced for AMERICAN IDIOT; Cast to Appear on Grammy Awards  Feb 1 2010, 02:01:48 AM
kover- I don't have an amex card either, so I bought an american express gift card to get tickets. (I couldn't wait until the 14!) There was only a slight delay - they contacted me the next day to confirm because there was no billing address attached to the gift card.

You can buy a gift card through the american express web site. I got mine through a westfield mall so I didn't pay shipping charges.

re: Broadway Typos  Aug 19 2008, 11:02:50 AM
Good Vibrators
re: Broadway Typos  Aug 19 2008, 01:49:35 AM
The Who's Mommy

HagTime

None

Tutonic

Sweet Smelly Success

re: Julia Murney as Evita at Sacramento's Music Circus  Aug 19 2008, 01:46:39 AM
I really, really enjoyed the production. I went specifically because of Julia and was impressed with her performance. Actually, I thought the whole cast was strong and I am now officially a fan of Eric Kunze. Sorry to say I had never seen him before. How I wish I could have seen him in Les Miserables and Damn Yankees!

The last time I saw Evita was two years ago in London. I didn't care for that production at all, so I am happy that I enjoyed this one so much.

It was so intere

re: AW come on you guys  Jun 16 2008, 04:22:16 AM
I am on the West Coast. Seeing it fresh was so important to me that I didn't get on the internet, didn't watch television and didn't answer the phone from 5-8 p.m. west coast time. Obsessive, yes, and it was hard to do, but I did get lots of house cleaning accomplished from 5 to 8!

My vigilance reminded me of a Seinfeld episode where Jerry did everything possible to not learn the outcome of a Mets game. Just after he started watching the game on tape...Kramer came in and told him the Me

re: The Official 'In The Heights' Love Thread....  Jun 16 2008, 03:16:16 AM
Damn, that's a radiant photo!
re: THE QUEEN HAS BEEN CROWNED!  Jun 16 2008, 03:15:01 AM
Agree, Wanna Be

She could sing Rubber Duckie and show how much she is a star.

Seconds?! Bah!

re: Evans should have WON - I'm pissed!  Jun 16 2008, 03:00:28 AM
Geez, Toodarnhot, I thought you were a big ole crank because of the Liza thread...but I agree with you a thousand percent re: Daniel) I saw the show in London as well as in New York, and was SO convinced he would/should win.

Boo.

re: The Official 'In The Heights' Love Thread....  Jun 16 2008, 02:29:50 AM
So thrilled for their awards...but just wanted to add that I was SO hoping for Robin to win.
re: LIZA WAS A HOT MESS TONIGHT!  Jun 16 2008, 02:26:04 AM
Toodarnhot, Liza was glorious.
re: JULIE WHITE!  Jun 16 2008, 02:20:54 AM
Ms. Julie took away the bad taste that was left from the Red Carpet coverage i.e. Patrick Pacheco.

re: Rate Whoopi!!!!!  Jun 16 2008, 02:12:23 AM
Gotham-
The Clarence Thomas (un) reference was one of my favorite parts of the show! I also give her 20 out of 10 :p

re: Studio 54 Stage Door ?  Apr 19 2008, 12:11:55 AM
Limelight: I was able to talk to Jenna for a few moments after the Wednesday matinee - not at the stage door but at the exit, because she was collecting for the BC/EFA drive.

Hope you get to meet her - I second that she is very sweet!

Have a great time at the show!!!

re: What can I take high school students to see in London?  Jan 25 2007, 02:16:45 AM
Make it three recommendations for 'Woman in Black.' When I saw it, there was a huge group of high school age kids there. It was fun to hear them react during the show and to hear their excited chatter afterward.

re: Jonathan Larson Tribute Setlist (Review Forthcoming?)  Oct 24 2006, 01:44:14 AM
Boho Days - Anthony Rapp, Michael McElroy and Jeremy Kushnier

Ever After - Randy Graff, Michael McElroy

Hosing the Furniture - Natascia Diaz, Jeremny Kushnier

I Won't Close My Eyes - Gwen Stewart

Therapy - Jeremy K

Pura Vida - Randy Graff, Gwen Stewart, Natascia Diaz

See Her Smile - Anthony Rapp

You Called My Name - Stewart and McElroy

Come to Your Senses - Diaz

Break Out the Booze - Randy Graff (editorial comment:

re: Jonathan Larson Tribute Setlist (Review Forthcoming?)  Oct 24 2006, 01:29:22 AM
Emcee, Jeremy Kushnier sang Open Road.

What a wonderful celebration of a remarkable talent. Everyone on that stage was so friggin talented The set-ups/explanations to the songs really added a lot. I'm not as well versed as others on the history of RENT. Anthony added a great vignette about how Jonathan attended his birthday party while RENT was in workshops.

I'll add the who sang what in a minute

re: Jonathan Larson Tribute Concert in DC  Sep 13 2006, 09:46:29 PM
Thanks, KChenoweth, I just got 2 tickets. The total was about $11, which included the email delivery charge. Not too bad...
re: My thoughts on A CHORUS LINE in SF (8.23.06)  Aug 28 2006, 12:52:51 AM
Wow,wow, wow, Michael Bennett, that was an engrossing review.

ACL was my first love, theatrically speaking, and there is nothing like a first love...maybe that is why I haven't bought tickets yet and am behaving as if this is some sort of reunion that might tarnish my perfect memories.

However, just as I will do with 'Evita' next week, I will TRY to see ACL with fresh eyes. Just don't know if I will succeed.

re: Daniel Reichard at Joe's Pub  Aug 24 2006, 07:03:25 AM
I know I'm late to the Daniel after glow...I'll just use the excuse it took me a while to get back to DC/Virginia.

It was wonderful to meet all the BWWers!!! And Daniel's show was terrific. Not only were we treated to his glorious voice, there were some great stories. I loved how he would have a serious message, for example, the part about polyps and is it the same for the heart/and having it be able to work the next time you need it. Very poignant

re: Daniel Reichard Love Thread  Aug 14 2006, 08:54:57 PM

One week until Daniel performs in all his glory! Looking forward to meeting the BWWers who are going on the 21st.

In the words of Phantom2...AHHHHHHHHHH!

Corine,are you going to his show?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You