News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ThisGuyLovesTheatre

Member Name: ThisGuyLovesTheatre
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

A STRANGE LOOP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 May 22 2022, 07:41:18 AM

Thank you for the well thought out response. Let me explain my  "woke" comment. I am using it the same way Bill Maher does. Do you watch him?  Things can tip too far to one side. I am as liberal as anyone, but it can become ridiculous.  That's all I can say about that comment.

I think part of my reaction was I had no idea of what the show was about when I saw it. Everyone on this board knows what they are going into. I did not. I watched it and reacted.

Casting Announced for Broadway-Bound 1776 at A.R.T.
 May 14 2022, 12:52:45 PM

Why is it necessary that we know everyone's sexual preference?  Just cast it as all female and leave it to that. Are we going to start listing the sexual preferences on all shows?

I feel like Bill Maher. I am very liberal but the left sometimes loses it's mind and goes far too far.  This is an example. This whole Broadway season is an example of this. IMHO.

May 14 2022, 12:24:24 PM

How did it get nominated for Best Score and Best Lyrics?. And Best Musical? It's an awful score. 

May 2 2022, 09:51:56 PM

This might be for high school students if their parents took them, but as a teacher, I would not want to take the chance and bring them to see Strange Loop. Some of them may be ready, and others not. There are other challenging works.  Americano! sounds good.

All for all the people whining about how if you don't love this show, you have some type of problem with the world.....  I have seen more in my lifetime when it comes to AIDS and being Gay than you or Michael Jac

Apr 30 2022, 06:17:32 PM

Since you seem to be twisting everything I say let me correct one thing... I find the character of Usher to have severe depression, I said it is "sick' that the audience is laughing at the character. They aren't laughing with him.

"Laughing at his awful, destructive life choices. I found it sick."   This is what I said. 

"But you seem particularly personally offended by the show and seem to think its acclaim is only due to peopl

Apr 30 2022, 02:59:14 PM

"Well, all you've managed to offer is that you think the show is woke and vulgar and sick and awful but that you're not racist."

I'm sorry but that is not true. I gave specific details about why I thought it didn't work, I don't appreciate the use of your word "but",  The guy at The Post didn't like it much, and he was attacked here as being a racist. So anyone that doesn't like it is apparently a racist.  I didn't like

Apr 30 2022, 02:38:51 PM

I've been attending theatre/Broadway for 45 years.  Why don't you have a discussion about the merits of the show rather than when I joined. It has been reported several times that the show hasn't changed that much since PH, other than the lead. So, it's the same show.  Awful. But you know, You don't have to agree with me. That is the beauty of theatre. You enjoyed it, and I think it's dreadful. 

Apr 30 2022, 02:12:30 PM

I totally agree with this.

I am also a gay man around 60 years old.  I saw the show at Playwrights Horizon. It was awful. I wanted to run out of the theatre.  

It is vulgar. It's so woke it is dizzying.  The reasons it doesnt work theatrically is that it has a main character who has many serious mental health issues and for the great portion of the show, the audience is laughing at his illness. Laughing at his awful, destructive life choices. I fo

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You