News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for RuthLipschitz

Member Name: RuthLipschitz
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 May 14 2022, 10:36:39 PM

Robbie2 said: "RuthLipschitz said: "I listened to Julie Benko and Jessie Mueller in the links above and honestly I thought both of them singing songs from FUNNY GIRL were not very good. Maybe with some other material they are great, but in those links they are awful.

I saw Jessie Mueller in BEAUTIFUL and in CAROUSEL and she was phenomenal. I conclude it is the FUNNY GIRL songs that just do not cut it for either of them because there is nothing distinctive or remar

May 14 2022, 09:12:50 PM

I listened to Julie Benko and Jessie Mueller in the links above and honestly I thought both of them singing songs from FUNNY GIRL were not very good. Maybe with some other material they are great, but in those links they are awful. 

I saw Jessie Mueller in BEAUTIFUL and in CAROUSEL and she was phenomenal. I conclude it is the FUNNY GIRL songs that just do not cut it for either of them because there is nothing distinctive or remarkable about Julie Benko's voice.

May 14 2022, 06:12:01 PM

I am not a Beanie hater or invested emotionally in this show in any way to promote it. But there is a good reason this revival received only one Tony nomination: the lead is miscast. 

Beanie is not a terrific singer and audiences love this because of the memory of the songs. It has nostalgic appeal. 

I feel bad for Ramin. He deserved better. Sounds like most of you agree. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You