News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for *MuSiCaLs_FaN*

*MuSiCaLs_FaN* Profile Photo
Member Name: *MuSiCaLs_FaN*
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SPAMALOT - HANNAH WADDINGHAM
 Jan 22 2008, 03:12:05 AM
If you get the chance go and see Hannah Waddingham as Lady of the Lake in SPAMAOLT - you will NOT be disappointed. I had the pleasure of seeing her in the show in London and also working on the show for 6 months and she is AMAZING! I am so glad she has been brought over to New York to do the role!

Well done Hannah! I wish you all the best and a successful run!

re: New York Music Theatre Colleges
 Apr 9 2007, 10:37:46 AM
Can anyone tell me anything about 'Circle in the Square Theatre School'? What is their reputation like?
New York Music Theatre Colleges
 Apr 8 2007, 06:03:29 PM
Firstly I apologise if this question has been asked before or I am posting on the wrong board, so for those of you who are sick of these questions, rather than reply rudely as I have seen ppl do on other topics in the past, just hit the 'back button' and ignore!

I am looking to come and further my study in New York in the next year or so and I would like some advice on places to study Music Theatre. I have tried searching on the net, but not a lot of specific things come up and I know t

re: Coming to Broadway...
 Feb 15 2007, 08:39:43 PM
Thanks guys I will check some of these out:) I have already seen 'Love,Perfect, Change' and 'The Fantasticks' but thanks anyway! Really interested in the stuff you don't hear a lot about internationally, which is why I thought I would ask opinions on this board:)I don't just want to see the 'run of the mill' shows so I really appreciate it!

SweetQintheLights - if these posts annoy you, you don't have to actually read them!

Coming to Broadway...
 Feb 15 2007, 07:27:13 PM
Hi Everyone,

I will be making my first trip tp NYC this June - VERY EXCITED! But still need to plan in advance! I know all the main Braodway shows I want to see but can anyone recommend any smaller, off broadway or other shows worth seeing that may not have been so largely advertised?

Thanks a bunch

xxxx

Children of Eden - Origina London Cast Recording
 Oct 10 2006, 08:16:34 PM
Hi:)

Does ANYONE know where I could possibly get a copy of the Original London Cast Recording of 'Children of Eden' with Ruthie Henshall, I am desparately looking for a copy! Is there anyone out there willing to sell me their copy, or sell me a copy of their copy or do a swap of some other cast recordings? I would be really appreciative!!

Thankyou so much:)

re: The Single Most Awesome Set Piece
 Jun 21 2006, 06:19:48 AM
The house in 'Mary Poppins' it's amazing how it all opens outand how the attic comes away and is swung down so you can see the children's bderoom and the same with the kitchen, how the house appears to move 'up' as if you are going down into the basement! very clever!
re: H2S, Gender blind casting
 Feb 25 2006, 08:00:14 PM
One important thing, bsides having to pretty much re-write the whole show to make it work, is the ERA! That would have to be changed too as there were no 'male secretary's) in that era!!!
re: Singing In The Rain movie question!
 Feb 21 2006, 08:11:14 PM
yeah so do i which is why i have been puzzled for so long! listen next time to watch it, it's quite obviously not her voice but also on the soundtrack it's written that she is dubbed!
re: Singing In The Rain movie question!
 Feb 21 2006, 08:07:07 PM
but they still let her sing all the others including 'you are my lucky star' which was cut, so it really is strange!
Singing In The Rain movie question!
 Feb 21 2006, 07:53:35 PM
This has been bugging me for years! In the scene where Kathy Seldon (Debbie Ryenolds) is dubbing Lina's Lamont's (Jean Hagen)voice and is singing the song 'Would You' Debbie Ryenold's voice has actually been dubbed!! Does anyone know why?? She sings all the other songs in the movie but is dubbed for this one, which is kind of ironic - she is dubbing someone while someone is dubbing her hehe - but any suggestions?? does anyone out there know??
re: CATS DVD/Video Audio Recording
 Feb 21 2006, 07:38:20 PM
Jo Gibb is dubbed, my friend was recently in 'Chitty' with her and she confirmed this she wasn't told she was going to be dubbed it was done after it was filmed and 'Skimbleshanks' wasn't dubbed purely becoz they wanted a scottish accent, the actor was also not a singerbut an amazing dancer!
re: CATS DVD/Video Audio Recording
 Feb 20 2006, 08:01:38 PM
I will agree with you I would actually like a copy of that version, as there are a few new arrangements for songs etc.. (ie Mungojerry & Rumpleteaser) and interesting thing to note tho - Jo Gibb (Rumpleteaser) and the guy playing 'Skimble' (so sorry hi name escapes me for now!) were actually DUBBED! when it was released and they weren't told! Apparently the Skimbleshanks guy wasn't a singer so that's not so bad but Jo Gibb CAN SING and was mighty disappinted!!! (altho the girl who dubbs her is s
re: Guys and Dolls Film- Replacing Songs
 Feb 20 2006, 07:56:59 PM
Why does Hollywood do anything?? hehe
re: What are your favorite FEMALE Chesty Belt Songs?
 Feb 20 2006, 07:55:48 PM
Waiting For Life - Once On This Island
This Is One Of Those Moments - YENTL
Gorgeous - The Apple Tree

re: WIW worth buying?
 Feb 15 2006, 07:52:29 PM
I would buy it as I think the soundtrack is worth having as I love the show - however i disagree about Maria I think she sounds terrible, especially on the soundtrack! It was recorded live from the sound desk on opening night and they play a part of it on repeat outside the Palace theatr and there is one section where she goes for a note and it's a total train wreck! I saw Maria do the role originally - but after seeing Ruthie Henshall as Marion - NOTHING can compare, she is AMAZING!!I also thin
re: Musicals with leading gay charachters
 Feb 14 2006, 06:06:59 AM
THE BOY FROM OZ
re: Kiss Me Kate recordings
 Feb 13 2006, 10:55:47 PM
I would disagree with the London cast being better than the broadway revival recording! Except for Rachel York and Brent Barrett who were outstanding (i wish they were on the recording) i felt the rest of the cast weren't as strong. The ensemble numbers on the BRR are much stronger, the woman playing Hattie is a much better singer and sings the pants off 'Another Opening' and also the girl who plays Bianca is also far better! And as to the London cast dvd, I was EXTREMELY disappointed with the d
re: Kiss Me Kate recordings
 Feb 13 2006, 07:34:16 PM
I agree!! I wouldn't go anywhere near the movie soundtrack but it's great to have both the OBCR and the 1999 Revival for comparison! The new arrangements are fantastic, especially for Bianca/Lois Lane's songs and the Ensemble numbers!
re: For a Songs for a New World audition...
 Feb 13 2006, 07:31:43 PM
Parade, Someone Else's Clothes, Urban Cowboys. There is a great song on 'SEC' that was actually cut from The Last 5 Years and replaced with Shiksa Goddess! But yeah check these out, or even Lauren Kennedy's album as I think there are a few more songs on there that he wrote for her. chookas:)
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You