News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for tmz814

tmz814 Profile Photo
Member Name: tmz814
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Let it in.  Aug 29 2009, 01:20:13 AM
I'm glad to hear that Gavin looked healthy tonight and that he is taking it easy and skipping matinees for a while. I wonder if he is going to do the Sunday show this weekend or take a break?
re: Billy Elliot 2/21/09- Haydn injured  Feb 22 2009, 12:50:37 AM
Trent was on as Billy tonight and he handled it like a pro. Trent and thommie just went on as normal. Hadyn limped over to the chair when needed, but did not dance. Trent and thommie did all the jump rope and tap on their own. It went into the next scene and there was a long pause after billy and debbie finish their conversation. Haydn was a little late coming back in and I'm not sure the kids knew what was going to happen. Then Haydn limped onstage and went on like normal. It was kind of hard t
re: Billy Elliot 2/21/09- Haydn injured  Feb 22 2009, 12:44:07 AM
leah was good in the second act. Her accent was very good and it made me even more excited to see her do the entire show on Tuesday.
Billy Elliot 2/21/09- Haydn injured  Feb 22 2009, 12:36:51 AM
I saw Billy Elliot again tonight. I was great as usual, but in the middle of "born to boogie" Haydn grabbed her leg and had to stop dancing. She finished the song standing on the side holding her leg up. She limped through the rest of act 1 and then Leah Hocking went on for act 2. I felt really bad for her because she looked like she was in a lot of pain.
re: West Side Story DC seating question  Dec 22 2008, 01:13:03 AM
Thanks so much for the info! I will definitely give it a try. :)
re: West Side Story DC seating question  Dec 22 2008, 12:49:57 AM
I didn't even know there was a lotto. What are the details (time, etc.)? That would be perfect!
West Side Story DC seating question  Dec 22 2008, 12:33:56 AM
Since it seems that a few posters have now seen WSS in DC, I wanted to ask a question about seating preferences. I am looking into buying a ticket for myself and am trying to decide between a seat in the front orchestra on the far sides or in the mezz. Can anyone who has seen the show give me their opinion? Thanks.
re: The dry ice used in Billy Elliot...  Dec 20 2008, 07:37:35 PM
I sat in the front row once for BE and it was not as bad as it seemed on Wed. I left the smoke alone and it just fell infront of me. I was there on wednesday evening as well (in around the 6th row center) and I think the person in the front waving their playbill actually made it worse. It seemed to make the fog travel up higher in the air and spread back farther than normal. It was very distracting.
re: The Story of My Life?  Oct 25 2008, 07:31:03 PM
Thanks for the advice. I think I am going to get tickets for next Saturday.
re: The Story of My Life?  Oct 25 2008, 05:45:41 PM
Thanks for the info. Has anyone seen the show? I am looking for a review so that I know what to expect.
The Story of My Life?  Oct 24 2008, 11:38:32 PM
Has anyone heard anything about The Story of My Life at the Goodspeed? I was thinking of making the trip up to see it, but hadn't heard anything about it. Does anyone have any info?
Thanks.

re: Billy Elliot stopped 5 times...free tickets were given!  Oct 5 2008, 09:56:19 PM
it'sjustshowbiz- What did you have to do to get your new ticket? Just go to the bow office and hand in your ticket from Sat night? I figure I'm going to stop by sometime this week to get my replacement ticket.
re: Trent K. as Billy Elliot?  Oct 5 2008, 09:01:11 AM
Considering all the technical issues they were having last night with the set, I am glad that they are playing it safe and making sure Trent has a full tech run-through before letting him take on the role.
re: Billy Elliot stopped 5 times...free tickets were given!  Oct 5 2008, 08:59:29 AM
I agree. I think some people don't really understand what previews mean either, unless they go to the theatre a lot. Maybe if the prices were lower for previews people wouldn't come in expecting the show to be perfect. And I think booing was super rude, but considering how much orchestra seats for a Saturday night cost at BE (I think it's around $136) I am not really surprised that some people got upset.
re: Billy Elliot stopped 5 times...free tickets were given!  Oct 5 2008, 01:36:28 AM
I think it was because the show was running 15 min late due to all the stops. The entire cast came out to bow. Then they dropped the red stage curtain. When it came back up the lighted BILLY sign was there and Kiril took a solo bow. Then he motioned for everyone to come onstage and they took another bow. Then Steven Daldry said "Come back and see us again" and everyone walked off-stage. I think this was just for tonight because of all the stops...
re: Billy Elliot stopped 5 times...free tickets were given!  Oct 5 2008, 01:30:46 AM
Yes.. They booed when that show was stopped during "Angry Dance". Someone also yelled "refund" at one point. I felt really bad, especially for the performers onstage who not only had to get themselves back into character after the stops (sometimes without the scenary/props they needed) but also had to listen to booing. I mean it is a preview. People need to know what they are getting into when buying tickets to a preview. I mean you never expect a show to be stopped 5 times, but you can't g
re: Billy Elliot stopped 5 times...free tickets were given!  Oct 5 2008, 01:01:59 AM
I was at the show tonight and just got home.

One full stop was when the house set was supposed to come up (with billy in bed, grandma at the stove, and Tony at the table). They stopped during the boxing scene (right when the kids were doing their press-ups). Then they had to stop again during "Expressing Yourself" and twice during "Angry Dance".

I felt bad for everyone involved, especially when the audience started getting fed up and even started booing every time t

re: BILLY ELLIOT!!! Preview reviews.  Oct 1 2008, 05:50:41 PM
I went by the theatre today after the wicked matinee to pick up my ticket for tonight. The final run-through seemed to just be letting out when I got to the theatre. They had David's name up on the board, but I think that might have been for the final run-through and not for the first preview tonight. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I can't wait for tonight. I loved the show in London and am excited to see this cast's take on the show.

re: Equus- Front row?  Sep 9 2008, 06:50:17 AM
Thanks for all our help.
Equus- Front row?  Sep 8 2008, 09:53:08 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew how the front row seats are for this show. I know sometimes the stage is high and it is hard to see from the front row. Is that the case with Equus or is the stage low enough to see?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You