News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for lfae

lfae Profile Photo
Member Name: lfae
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Carmen Cusack in Wicked Australia
 Jun 15 2009, 09:32:44 AM
Saw her on Sunday, loved her Elphaba. :) But I must admit I prefer Amanda's and Jemma's voices.

re: Does Shrek have a souviner programme yet?
 Feb 25 2009, 04:04:05 PM
I was there in Jan and asked (I thought I was just being blind and not seeing it) and was told early Feb. Made me sad because I like to collect programmes from the shows I see, but I'm back in Australia now and don't know when I'm going back to New York.
re: Best cheap way to see MARY POPPINS?
 Feb 21 2009, 08:22:06 PM
The view from the front of the balcony is great. Not too far to see faces.

One thing though - the leg room. I don't know if it's just the front row, or all of the balcony, but I'm 5'1 and my legs were quite squashed!

re: Wicked SF Lottery
 Feb 18 2009, 05:20:41 AM
Won first preview - didn't go, was getting a friend in (hey, it worked! That *never* happens!) - fourth name called, and got a ticket on the left-hand block, second row. As far as I could gather, only the side seats were lottery, not the actual front row.
re: Wicked SF Lottery
 Feb 17 2009, 07:44:08 PM
First preview was startlingly empty. Not even close to NY numbers!
re: WICKED Lotto tonight??
 Feb 8 2009, 07:15:37 AM
San Francisco does... as does Melbourne, but our badges are a slightly different green. :P
re: The (not so) new Wicked San Francisco cast
 Dec 17 2008, 04:54:50 AM
The first time I saw Wicked was at the Orpheum in San Francisco in 2005. My first trip to the US.

Next year we're off to the US again and we happen to be in San Fran the week Wicked opens. For nostalgia, I bought tickets - same city, same theatre, even the same seats randomly enough.

And now three members of the same CAST. Colour me very amused!

re: CLOSINGS- WHAT WILL BE LEFT TO SEE AFTER JANUARY 18TH?
 Dec 6 2008, 04:01:57 PM
Just a thanks to the people who made some lists. My friends and I get into NYC for about 10 days starting Jan 15th and since we haven't figured out what we're seeing exactly yet, it's very helpful to see all our options in the one place. *copies down all the shows to better prepare own list*

And yes I know we picked rather a bad time. xD

re: Elphaba and Glida reversal
 Nov 10 2008, 06:53:51 PM
Sabrina Weckerlin was Glinda opposite Pia Douwes in the early German promo stuff... now she's the Elphaba stand-by. I still can't wrap my head around that: when I hear her name I think Glinda!
re: WIcked Ticket offers/codes
 Nov 9 2008, 04:21:04 AM
I love the partial view seats :) If you've seen the show before and know what you're missing, they're great. And you don't really miss much in any case!
re: Dodd, Mauzey, Kern, O'Malley, and More Join WICKED
 Nov 3 2008, 05:17:58 PM
Whenever I see the surname Brightman on its own, I think of Sarah.
re: Dodd, Mauzey, Kern, O'Malley, and More Join WICKED
 Nov 3 2008, 05:07:12 PM
lol, January 11th? I'm seeing it on January 18th! So I'm still in the dark here about who I'm going to get.
re: AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Oct 28 2008, 07:55:12 PM
but the schedule on w-v.com has her performing through Dec 21...
re: Stranded on a Island: You can have one cast recording, which one??
 Oct 8 2008, 07:41:21 AM
The German cast recording of Wicked. I could listen to Willemijn for weeks on end.
re: Wicked cast ?
 Oct 7 2008, 11:03:45 AM
Cristy Candler as Nessarose

Still? Wow. I saw her in Jan 2007 and loved her. I also saw her in Sep 2005 as Michelle Federer's understudy! Girl sure loves that wheelchair!

re: Wicked Melbourne 6 weeks on
 Oct 5 2008, 06:42:49 AM
Hehe, I too saw half a Jemma, but it was the performance where *she* was replaced midway, by Patrice Tipoki.
re: Rob Guest, current star of Melbourne's 'WICKED' passes away...
 Oct 2 2008, 03:28:09 AM
I'm shattered. I've seen Wicked 17 times here and he's the only main cast member I've seen all 17 times. He never missed a show. What a guy. He will indeed be sorely missed.
Australia's Wizard in hospital
 Oct 1 2008, 04:07:37 AM
http://community.livejournal.com/wicked_aus/64207.html

Just thought I'd report the news here. My thoughts are with Rob and Kellie (Wicked's MD - also his wife.)

re: Caroline O'Connor The Hatpin New York
 Aug 23 2008, 06:50:44 AM
I also flew up from Melbourne to see The Hatpin back in March and it was incredible. One of the most amazing nights of theatre I've ever had in my life. The story is very powerfully - yet simply - told and the staging was spot on perfect. I only wish I could see it in New York too! I'm thrilled to shreds that Gemma-Ashley and Caroline get to reprise their roles. :)
re: WICKED Australia starts previews today...
 Jun 29 2008, 01:41:01 AM
I did hear that Anthony Callea is something of a worry in the acting department. Anyone?

I really hate to say anything bad about our cast, but...hmm, a little. Mostly what I find though is that he seems to be playing the part a bit too 'big' when he sings, if that makes sense. The transition from acting-Boq to singing-Boq isn't natural enough - they're not *meant* to be different, they're meant to all be the same Boq, you know? But overall, I wouldn't really say it's a "worry" - he is good, he's not at all bad, he's just a little odd at times. :P

And then they've only done two shows - well, halfway through the third now - so give it time. When I was in America last year, I saw Christina DeCicco's sixth performance *ever* as Glinda and I thought she was dreadful. Yet everyone I know who saw her, all of them much later in her run, thought she was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

The idea of people booing at understudies would make me sick - and if anyone seated near me tried that I'd probably slap them! Are you seeing the entire show or just the one person?!

That said, I was very happy when Jemma received entrance applause last night. Because it's not the actor, it's the character - everyone's cheering for the green girl, no matter who it is under that make-up.

Can't wait to see the show again - however will I last until the 3rd?!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You