News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Adeliciaboy

Member Name: Adeliciaboy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
 May 15 2024, 11:33:52 AM

Here's the orchestra breakdown:  Keyboards Ben Cohn and Cam Concur; Violin Michele Lukas; Violin and Viola Karla Gala; Cello Mark Lekas; Reeds Jim Gailloreto, Steve Leinheiser, David Orlicz, Jaco Slocum; Lead Trumpet Chuck Parish; Trumpet Josh Rzepka; Trombones Michael Joyce Tom Matt; French Horn Greg Flint; Guitar Steve Roberts; Bass Marc Hogan; Drum Damien Bassman; Percussion David Victor.

Altogether 18 personnel, but it sure doesn't sound like it in the theater.

May 5 2024, 09:16:32 PM

Dear Betty:  I wouldn't be so sure they are going to do the massive amount of work needed to fix this turkey.  The bones to build from are simply NOT there.  Two and one-half hours of poorly done camp is not enough.  And right now, if one is being generous, that's all the creative team has got to work with.  I'm shocked that none of the posters  on this board -- or almost none -- are talking about the near total absence of a memorable &

May 1 2024, 01:18:33 AM

Dear Broadway World message board readers.  Please allow me to inject a note of sanity into the several favorable reactions to this travesty’s first preview. I was there tonight too. First off, this is NOT a Broadway musical.  It’s a trashy Vegas comic act masquerading as theater.  The show has no coherent script and no music except for one 11 o’clock number sung by the two leading ladies that is so ridiculously over the top that you listen in d

WATER FOR ELEPHANTS Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 Mar 21 2024, 08:12:06 PM

Greetings fellow opening night review monitors.  If there is any justice left in the Broadway world  around Times Square  W4E should be declared a train wreck and dispatched to whatever graveyard is reserved for expensive theatrical disasters.   Rumors began circulating in the hours before opening that massive work had been done to improve  the show.  I was at the first preview and only a miracle could have made that show much more than a boring mediocrity.  

WATER FOR ELEPHANTS Broadway Previews
 Feb 25 2024, 01:21:54 PM

I was at Saturday’s first preview.  Let me get this off my chest first.  I for one am sick and tired of greedy producers in this post-pandemic world trying to pawn of their half-baked theatrical soufflés on a public that for the most part wouldn’t know a good musical from a pile of trash.  “W4E” most decidedly is in the latter category.   There are plenty of problems with this show.  Chief among them is Pigpen Theatre’s score, whic

SHUCKED On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
 Apr 6 2023, 12:59:08 AM

Okay so now we know how the critics rated "Shucked."   Most chose to give it a thumbs up because of the humor they allegedly found in the show's threadbare book.  But to their discredit, these same critics also failed to note that the humor in "Shucked" cuts both ways.  Some may indeed find the jokes lough-out-loud hysterical, while others will find them anything but.  But all the humor in the world isn't going to change the real truth about &qu

SHUCKED On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
 Mar 16 2023, 12:50:20 AM

Have the members of this board completely lost their collective minds???  I was at the show Wednesday night.  What is going down at the Nederlander Theatre under the guise of “Shucked” is nothing less than an unmitigated disaster.  What’s worse it’s an insult to the heart and soul of country music with a score that is truly duller than dishwasher.  I live in Nashville, so I have some idea of what the best of country can be.

Robert Horn’

THE NOTEBOOK musical world premiere in Chicago this fall; Grief directing
 Sep 26 2022, 02:09:09 AM

Saw the show in previews 10 days ago.  Found it to be a flawed small musical  that wants to be a melodic, uplifting evening about true love and dementia -- two topics that quite frankly don't work well together on stage.  Some posters on this site believe  the show is ready for Broadway.  I wouldn't be so fast to say that.  Ingrid Michelson has written a few pleasant tunes, but like  the work  of other composers from the pop world who have tried

THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA Musical (Chicago Pre-Broadway) - News & Discussion Thread
 Aug 23 2022, 05:33:13 PM

Suddenly the sorry "Prada" plot has thickened.   With  the musical now history in Chicago and much of the cast headed back to New York, word comes that Sir Elton John actually has another musical "Tammy Faye" about to open at London's Almeida Theatre in October. I don't recall much if anything being said about "Tammy Faye" in the lead-up to the "Prada" run in Chicago.  But the fact that Sir John had another show in the works may e

THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA Musical (Chicago Pre-Broadway) - News & Discussion Thread
 Jul 28 2022, 12:55:11 PM

Saw the Wednesday evening preview with the Andy understudy.   Let’s cut to the chase fellow posters.  This show has big problems on multiple fronts — namely book, music, choreography and direction. Of those, the book and the music are the most pressing problems.  Elton John simply hasn’t written a score for this show.  There is no there there when it comes to the music.  If this show has any chance of succeeding, Sir John is going to have to come up

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You