News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Ryguy7

Ryguy7 Profile Photo
Member Name: Ryguy7
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.facebook.com/Ryguy7
Blog Address:
Profile: Moved to New York to live in the city I love. Commute to Canada to work. Sometimes straining, but love my new home.

Flight attendant. Big traveler. Theatre lover.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Schoenfeld high stage?
 Mar 14 2012, 09:38:48 PM
Does anyone know if the Schoenfeld has a high stage? My mother and I are going to see The Best Man and tickets are available in the front row but we are a bit concerned that the stage is too high and we'll only see half the actors...

Any advice?

Next option is Mezz, Row B.

Thanks!

FLASHDANCE THE MUSICAL Coming to Broadway in Fall 2012
 Dec 15 2011, 07:18:38 PM
I thought it was ok when I saw it. Could use some major improvements or changes, but I still don't feel it'll be a success on Broadway. Would like a cast recording though - I liked some of the songs..
Other Desert Cities or Seminar?
 Nov 20 2011, 04:47:44 PM
While I haven't seen Seminar yet, I did see Desert Cities twice in one week because I enjoyed it so much. I think it's absolutely worth seeing.
I'm selling all my cast recordings - $5 each..
 Jul 25 2011, 10:22:23 AM
I have over a hundred. I don't think anyone wants me to list them. Happy to send a list over email though.
 Jul 24 2011, 12:05:32 PM
You're right. Sorry - I assumed the Italian recording was a joke. I was responding in kind.
 Jul 24 2011, 11:11:56 AM
Did that come to Broadway within the past 11 years? Must've missed it..
 Jul 24 2011, 10:34:52 AM
I've decided to sell all my Broadway cast recordings for $5 each. They are all in very good condition.

I have pretty much every recording for a show since the year 2000, plus many movies including Disney stuff.

If you are interested in buying any, please shoot me a private message and tell me which ones you want and I'll let you know if I have them.

I'd prefer to just sell to New Yorkers so we can do an exchange in the City. Don't really want to deal with shipp

does Hip Tix usually check for id?
 Jul 5 2011, 04:15:29 PM
Some people bring a random friend to just pick up the tickets - if you have someone who will come with you.

It's also worth noting that if you pay the money for GOLD membership like I do, your second guest can be any age and they only need one ID. I think it's worth the extra money for seating anywhere in the theatres..

Booth Theater overhaul
 Apr 30 2011, 10:47:15 AM
Did a quick search, couldn't find anyone posting about this yet. I walked by the Booth theater yesterday to find them ripping out the seats and throwing them in a trash compactor..

Looks like the theater is getting a renovation. Probably be a good thing - I know lots of people found those seats uncomfortable..

How Far In Advance Should I Line Up For Rush Seats?
 Apr 2 2011, 11:40:49 AM
I rushed Spiderman today. Got there at 9am and got two tickets for the evening show. There were about 20 people ahead of me, and 15 behind by the time the box office opened. Row O, orchestra..
HipTix Question
 Apr 2 2011, 11:36:06 AM
If you buy the HipTix GOLD membership, the second person does NOT have to be under 35.

I think the Gold upgrade is worth it for all seating levels, a free cast recording and the ability to bring who you want..

Vanesssa Williams out of MISS DAISY?
 Apr 1 2011, 04:17:42 PM
I'm not sure if this thread is a joke or not, but regardless, she was in the show last night.

The Redgrave one.

Anyone want to buy Rapture or Sondheim CD's?
 Mar 31 2011, 02:39:40 PM
I have two of both Sondheim on Sondheim and Everyday Rapture CD's, looking to sell one of each.

Price is negotiable.

Anyone interested? Message me.

-RY

LA CAGE - The Best Cast Yet?
 Mar 30 2011, 11:32:10 PM
I just caught this show last night..

I really liked Harvey and Christopher. I thought Harvey was wonderful with the acting - incredible actually, but I liked Douglas Hodge musically better.

Wilson Jermaine however was horrible.

Chris Sieber is adorable.

I hope it continues to do well, though sadly the theatre was relatively empty..

RY

Merchant of Venice Lotto
 Feb 7 2011, 07:17:52 PM
If it means anything, I went before the show extended, during the last couple of weeks and everyone got a ticket. I imagine the situation hasn't changed that much...?
Student Identification
 Feb 2 2011, 05:29:25 PM
I used to have a student ID, which I have now lost. It never had an expiry date on it. I was never questioned about it except once - trying to see Reasons to be Pretty at the Lyceum. No one else ever made note of that fact.

In my opinion, I think you are just fine..

Will 'Forbidden Broadway' Make A Comeback?
 Jan 25 2011, 04:43:14 PM
Also - most of the cast I saw the last time in Forbidden Broadway is now in Newsical the Musical. Still as funny as ever..
Mezzanine Boxes at AA Theater
 Jan 21 2011, 11:30:59 PM
While I've never sat in the boxes, the AA theatre if memory recalls has a very long mezzanine. I can't imagine the boxes are too good and would be quite off to the side. Although, more than most other Broadway houses - who knows..
Why does the Stephen Sondheim Theatre still say Henry Miller's Theatre at t
 Jan 21 2011, 10:50:52 AM
Does it still have the lit up HENRY MILLER THEATER at the stage door too? Or was that removed with the naming?
Karaoke in NYC?
 Jan 13 2011, 10:42:11 AM
Is Sing Sing on St. Mark's place over 21? You get your own room there..
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You