News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ifonlyilivedinNY

Member Name: ifonlyilivedinNY
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2024-2025 Touring Season
 Feb 20 2024, 05:42:13 PM

It is intriguing that San Francisco can only sustain one subscription season, where Los Angles can do two, I know Los Angles is bigger than San Francisco but I always thought the latter to be more artsy. Anyway I wonder what shows Los Angeles will announce and what will end up in the Pantanges and will go to Ahmanson?

I see there is a gap in the Hamilton tour between San Francisco and Seattle, so wonder if is going back to Los Angeles for a month? Makes sense!
"<

Lea Michele at Carnegie Hall
 Nov 2 2023, 12:27:39 PM

macbeth said: "Did anyone go and have a set list? From the pictures, it looks smaller than the usual Carnegie Hall concerts which I thought had bigger orchestras (but I could be wrong). How was it?"

I’ll do my best with a set list:

Don’t Rain on My Parade- Funny Girl

Broadway Baby

I Dreamed a Dream- Les Mis 

Gliding- Ragtime

I Don’t Know How to Love You

Mama Who Bore Me- Spring Awakening/ enter Jonathan

2023-2024 Touring Season
 Aug 7 2023, 03:19:09 PM

inception said: 
They play Las Vegas then San Francisco then Costa Mesa instead of Los Angeles proper?

They didn’t include the Los Angeles stop in the article, but it plays at The Ahmanson from April 2-28 2024

LES MISERABLES Tour 2022-24
 Aug 2 2023, 03:43:00 AM

Saw this tonight at The Pantages in LA. What an amazing show. I had actually never seen this on stage, but I’ve been down plenty of video rabbit holes over the years. This cast was amazing- Nick Cartell had the audience so captivated as he sang Bring Him Home. I won the lottery for this show and the seats were pretty good, $35 for any Orchestra seat at The Pantages is an amazing deal.

Everybody Rise! Sondheim Celebration at Hollywood Bowl
 Jul 31 2023, 02:51:25 PM

I had an amazing time last night. My only complaint is that it went by so fast and a man behind me decided to FaceTime someone during a quiet transition. The call was quickly cut off by all the people whipping their heads around. I am not well versed in all Sondheim shows so hearing music from these shows was a great gateway to discover new things. All in all a wonderful evening at The Bowl.

Paul Reubens AKA Pee-Wee Herman Has Died
 Jul 31 2023, 02:38:48 PM

He came and performed at my Junior High School in the late 80s. I was lucky enough to get to go up the stage and dance with him. Being on the student council had its perks.

CTG LA to present A Strange Loop, Funny Girl, and more for 23-24
 Jul 24 2023, 05:28:10 PM

This seems pretty underwhelming for me. I love the Ahmanson due to the easy parking and the fact that they always have amazing deals and lottery options that The Pantages just doesn’t offer. I saw A Strange Loop and Funny Girl in NY and Hadestown in NY and the tour in LA.

Do famous people in the audience sell tickets to a show?
 Jul 5 2023, 03:27:32 PM

I’ve worked in tv/film for over 20 years dealing with famous people. I typically tune them out, but I have used them for my theater loving heart. When a Tony winner asked what I wanted as a wrap gift I definitely said tickets to a Broadway show. This gift jump started my multiple visits to NY to see more shows. LA is great for touring shows but nothing beats the intimacy of a NY theater.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/11/23
 Jun 13 2023, 03:08:37 PM

Theatrefan2 said: "Why is Funny Girls grosses so disproportionately bad compared to others? They still did 8 shows, yet seem worse than shows that did 7. Did they have more people not show up compared to other shows?

Lea was on vacation last week

New Look for BroadwayWorld!
 May 17 2023, 08:10:32 PM

There are some responses that don’t appear even when you click on the last message. It seems as if that message should start a new page, but instead you have to wait for yet another person to comment before seeing the previous one. Not sure that makes sense but that is somewhat slightly annoying.

One ticket please:Walking up and down the line between shows
 Mar 22 2023, 12:09:17 AM
Are you talking about “The It Factor”?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You