News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for EvvieDrake

Member Name: EvvieDrake
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Rachel Chavkin to Direct THE THANKSGIVING PLAY on Broadway, Spring 2023
 Feb 14 2023, 01:24:29 PM

Oh wow, the cast looks great! I have tickets for a doubleheader with White Girl in Danger. I watched Scandal so it’ll be super cool to see Scott Foley on stage. 

Our March trip to New York City
 Jan 29 2023, 04:07:00 PM

Wee Thomas2 said: "I wouldn't count on Leopoldstadt touring. Plays rarely do and ones with large casts like this and dense material even less so.

Pick up matinee tix at TKTS. Throw your "no 2 show days" rule out the window. It's Broadway!
"

The play itself is worthy of being produced regionally, but it would be tough to put on with all those kids. And the scenery on Broadway is grand in a way that would be hard to match.

I second th

A STRANGE LOOP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Dec 31 2022, 03:49:26 PM

PriscillaN2N said: "Does anyone know what the current merch situation is? A lot of it seems to be sold out online. I'm hoping to grab a window card when I see the show next week."

As of the 12/27 matinee, they were showing window cards on the display with a price, so it appeared they weren’t sold out. I also saw the drink cups from the bar, and some shirts but not all (specifically not the one that said big black & queer ass American Broadway show). I t

Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
 Dec 30 2022, 12:19:57 AM

Thank you!!!

Dec 29 2022, 04:32:45 PM

BCfitasafiddle said: "I tried cancellation this week and it sadly didn't work out.

Oh darn, so sorry to hear that. Do you mind sharing what time you got to the line? Were there no cancellations at all, or not enough to reach your place in line?

Dec 29 2022, 02:34:24 PM

Any word on whether NYTW is trying to accommodate the audience members from the cancelled show?

I’m planning to try the cancellation line tomorrow. I don’t see anything saying that they’ve stopped doing it, so I assume my odds will be similar to what people have posted about so far. But I would love to know if anything has changed. Thanks!

A STRANGE LOOP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Dec 28 2022, 10:16:58 AM

I saw the Tuesday matinee on 12/27, with Kyle on for Usher and Jon-Michael Reese for #5. No sign of filming at that performance. 

It was my second time and I just couldn’t love this show any more! Kyle’s voice is really amazing. I could watch this 7 times just to be able to follow each thought through the whole show. I love them all. John-Michael Lyles is magnetic with the looks he gives to the audience, and his lines as Agent Fairweather from “of cours

Dec 21 2022, 07:02:00 PM

At this moment (just before 7 p.m. on Wednesday 12/21), the ticket site shows 2 tickets not together for the Friday matinee and 1 for the evening. Edit: gone by 7:10.

Thanks for sharing your experience in the cancellation line. I'm hoping to try it next week but I know it's a busy time for shows. Sounds like I could wait in line alone and buy 2 tickets so my mom can arrive 30 minutes before curtain to attend with me without waiting in the cold. If anyone knows

Dec 8 2022, 02:12:36 PM

A_Nicole079 said: "Yes that's the right spot. It will not have the "sold out" in the drop down. I got tickets for a sunday midday on satruday from the site"

chrishuyen said: "Yes when tickets pop up, the drop down will not show the sold out label so you'll know which days they pop up for."

Thank you both, very much! This is super helpful. Sounds like others have found tickets at midday too, so I'll try to check around l

Dec 8 2022, 12:58:33 PM

WithoutATrace said: ""Still playing the refreshing game…it’s fun at least!"

Keep playing...you'll eventually get in. Grateful that I was able to get a single on Tuesday for myself and a single on Thursday for my friend. Was very worried that I wasn't going to get into this, but persistence pays off!

Can someone confirm that I'm refreshing correctly? I'm on this page https://www.nytw.org/show/merrily-we-roll-along/tickets/0/ where it has a dropdown for all the shows in each month. I refresh the whole page and click the dropdown for December, see all shows listed as SOLD OUT, change it to January, see all shows except the final higher-priced benefit as SOLD OUT. Is that what I should be checking?

For people who got a ticket by refreshing, did this dropdown stop saying SOLD OUT for that show? Or do I need to be clicking into a sold-out show to see the calendar with every date crossed out, click a crossed-out date, and click the performance time to check that it's not really sold out at that moment?

Thank you for any advice! Planning to try the cancellation line while I'm in town at the end of December too, but I do enjoy the game of trying to get a tough ticket.

Michael R. Jackson's new musical 'White Girl in Danger' to premiere Off-Broadway in March 2023
 Dec 4 2022, 03:15:32 PM

Maybe this is impossible to know before it premieres, but has anyone heard any more details that would help me decide whether this show will be suitable for a mid-teenager? She asked to see it and we'd have to plan the trip in advance (hopefully combined with Larissa Fasthorse's Thanksgiving Play). She's very mature, but with A Strange Loop (which she has not seen) I wouldn't want her to see the Inwood scene.