News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Hey old friends 2022

Member Name: Hey old friends 2022
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Poll: Spring 2023 Show You Most Want to See
 Jan 4 2023, 10:55:58 AM

Sweeney Todd, Camelot, Prima Facie, Merrily We Roll Along

West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
 Dec 30 2022, 05:20:24 AM

I love the mendes version and saw the original Broadway, then the revival 16 years later and again on tour.  Some scenes are better in that version, like Mein herr, and I loved when Alan Cumming interacted with the audience during the intermission.  None of the 5 casts I saw had as good actors with great chemistry as the two supporting characters did with Liza and Elliot in my opinion.  I think they just seem like they’re more involved in this one and it helps that there

Dec 29 2022, 10:58:43 AM

There’s a lot of small changes, especially the emcee, and added interactions outside the Kit Kat club, which makes it different than the Mendes production. If you’re very familiar with cabaret and even the movie (which is barely related minus some songs), you’ll notice and that makes it interesting.  Some of the changes will be public knowledge once the album comes out next month.  

I will say the show felt different after seeing it with the new

London Theater - December 2022
 Dec 28 2022, 07:19:36 AM

Ian Mckellan was wonderful in Mother Goose. We had a great time at the panto and strongly recommend it. 

Good with David Tennant and Elliot Levy (Olivier winner from cabaret) was very good but horribly depressing. 

excited to finally see Mousetrap next week!

Dec 21 2022, 12:46:51 PM

Your points are valid for Willkommen since he is very contorted (I assumed he sees a physical therapist daily to survive) but he does straighten up physically as the show and his character progresses. I’m not sure if he was trying to look disabled. I think it was more over the top trying to be a weird sinister emcee and then comes to change as the Nazis get more involved in the show.  Instead of just having the emcee wander around as the emcee the whole show, they kind of use his p

Dec 21 2022, 09:54:55 AM

I saw it 3 times and I’ve seen the mendes version multiple times as well, including with Alan Cumming.  Eddie’s performance is helped by being there in person; if you’re up front he may try to make you uncomfortable, kiss your hand or ask if you want a private dance later, which reminds me of when Alan Cumming would come out and say “I smell fear” when walking around during intermission.  The first time, we were a front table and got interacted with by

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You