News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Lamenting_Alto

Member Name: Lamenting_Alto
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Which Broadway Musical would You like to perform in and as what Charact
 Jan 21 2006, 07:52:10 PM
Well most of these aren't still on Broadway but...
Penny in Hairspray
Amy or Joanne in Company
Julie or Carrie in Carousel
Lead Player in Pippin

re: Musicals that Came from Books
 Oct 16 2005, 02:53:36 PM
Carousel & Oklahoma-though i dont remember what books they were adapted from
re: How old were you when you fell in love with a broadway musical?
 Sep 20 2005, 08:14:50 PM
who knows? i can't even remember when i started liking broadway cuz i've been brought up on it. i think the first show i ever saw was The Pajama Game. The first time i realized i wanted to act was when i was seeing a production of Annie, ahh, chicheness.
re: Rude People in Theatres
 Sep 13 2005, 08:07:01 PM
I went to see Flower Drum Song, TMM, and Phantom with a middle school group. our group was, actually, perfectly calm and quiet. at phantom however, there was another school group behind us and they talked and laughed loudly (the entire row behind us) throught the entire show. we stared at them, shushed them, asked them to be quiet, and talked to their teachers but they kept going all through the show. its so annoying!
other than that i've been lucky at shows and no one has annoyed me much.

re: Good Book-Bad score
 Sep 10 2005, 10:50:20 PM
the i love you song works out of context of the show, but in the show i thought it brought the show down immensly. (bad speller...sorry...)
well good book-bad score, i agree most shows where this is true probably didnt make it very far so i cant think of any off the top of my head

Katrina
 Sep 2 2005, 07:36:58 AM
i just have one thing to say-i love you people
re: Most Expensive Musical
 Sep 2 2005, 07:30:12 AM
i thought that spamalot got like a 25 or 27 million dollar advance...maybe thats different...i dont know...
re: 42nd street...
 Sep 1 2005, 02:41:32 PM
i really enjoy the music of 42nd street. They did it in my high school a few years back and, although no one knew how to tap before the show, they managed to pull it off beautifully.
re: Mrs. Lovetts
 Sep 1 2005, 02:37:08 PM
definitely angela
re: Spelling bee audience interaction
 Aug 28 2005, 07:57:41 PM
in two different scenes things are thrown at the audience, (1st time leaflets, 2nd time candy and chips) there is also a reference to "Marigold Coneybear" who is someone in the first row somewhere who gets snacks handed to her during Chip's Lament but it isnt a big deal.
Thats besides, of course, the four people who get to be the spellers, but they're chosen before the show

re: My Spelling Bee review
 Aug 28 2005, 01:44:17 PM
i saw you too one song. it was so funny when you got that word right and everyone on stage just looked amazed.
i agree it was an amazing show. it was funny, a little sad, fun, and sweet.
how do they do the selection for the spellers? i missed it-they were just announcing it in the lobby as i came it. id like to know if i ever go see it again!

re: Favorite Act 1 Finale(s)??
 Aug 28 2005, 10:03:48 AM
Bye Bye Birdie-
okay, yes, i'm in love with the show but at the end of Act 1 when Conrad is singing One Last Kiss on national television and is about to kiss Kim and then Hugo comes up and punches Conrad, and Rosie abandons Albert in front of all the camera's saying, "Your not alone Albert-you're on television!" its just so hilarious but also a little sad.
that is my favorite Act I Finale.

re: Best Musical of all time?
 Aug 28 2005, 09:56:44 AM
Hmm...well i think you could say "the best musical of the 40's" or "the best musical of the 90's" but all over...so many different hits...
Gypsy would probably be up there
Bye Bye Birdie too (even though its not quite as well loved or famous as others, i still think its brilliant)
Anything by Rogers and Hammerstien
and, oh, about a hundred others...

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You