News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for FilmandTheatreFan

Member Name: FilmandTheatreFan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Would love to know how people reacted to the 1999 Disney Annie when it originally aired
 Nov 27 2023, 06:40:47 PM

i love how it feels like a stage show.   the late Director of Photography Ralf D Bode really does well on the film.  he also did 1997 Cinderella.  there are moments where i think both films look similar.  probably why 

Would love to know how people reacted to the 1999 Disney Annie when it originally aired
 Nov 27 2023, 06:22:35 PM

i recently have been studying film and for some reason i feel the 1999 Annie really stil holds up to this day.  i was born in 2003 and recently just discovered it on Disney+ here in the UK.  i wonder what you guys who remember 1999 what the hype was like.   i do wish network television was still big 

Do you prefer the 80s, late 90s or 2014 Annie?
 May 2 2023, 07:28:31 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "I grew up with the 1999 version, then saw the 2012 Lapine revival on Broadway. Liked both."

I sadly never saw that production as I live in Scotland. I however recently saw the wonderful late Paul ogrady in Edinburgh. What a talent and a great loss

Do you prefer the 80s, late 90s or 2014 Annie?
 May 2 2023, 07:17:57 PM

For me it's the 99 version. I think the writer irine mecchi does a fantastic job of taking elements from the show and making then fresh at the same time. And I actually think rob marshall does well directing.  I actually feel bad for the 2014 version. I think they should have gone with emma thompsons script. What a writer she is. The 82 version I'm not a fan off. Feels very outdated now and it's honestly at some points very dark and feels out of place. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You