News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for SuddenlyStanley

Member Name: SuddenlyStanley
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What is the worst production you have ever seen on Broadway? What is the worst show?
 May 19 2024, 01:44:15 AM

ChiDoc said: "
Beyond that, Flying Over Sunset baffled me, and the Oklahoma! revival did not translate to tour well at all."

— The Oklahoma tour was absolutely terrible. It did not work in a proscenium and was such a misguided attempt. 

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 Apr 22 2024, 10:43:56 AM

Equity rules and cost. ER was the only name that really justified it and they have to pay for housing and a visa. Just isn’t worth it unless they are brilliant. 

Actors having their contracts terminated on their first Broadway show
 Jun 1 2023, 09:00:50 PM

verywellthensigh said: "Diahann Carroll being let go from the Denzel A Raisin In the Sun revival. And then there was the whole Jeremy Piven Speed The Plow catastrophe."

——Carroll was not fired. She had limitations after her breast cancer treatment. She could handle a film schedule but once she got into rehearsal she did not feel she could get through an 8 show week. Rudin, Leon, and Washington all tried to find a way to make it happen bu

The 76th Annual Tony Award Nominations (2023)
 May 2 2023, 01:25:00 PM

-1776 getting completely shut out has got to hurt. The production was very bold with its direction and all female/non-binary cast and seems like it was a very emotional affair for all involved, and for it to get NOTHING feels like a real F-you."

—-guess Sara Porkalob’s 75% wasn’t good enough for a nomination and throwing your cast and creative team under the bus doesn’t really sit well with people. The production was bad and the tour is

May 2 2023, 01:07:24 PM

Honestly I’ve personally never understood the Soo hype. I feel like Sharon D. Clarke is the biggest ‘snub’ although of course it’s all subjective!"

Same page both accounts

May 2 2023, 01:04:07 PM

PipingHotPiccolo said: "SuddenlyStanley said: "

—Soo was not snubbed. She is fine. She gave two fine performances but nothing special
We definitely agree that she is "fine"-- snubbed does not mean I'm worried about her well-being, or career, or even her feelings.
"

—I didn’t think that. In general I just find her serviceable in the parts she played this season and not surprised she was edged out. 
<

May 2 2023, 09:51:42 AM

Pippa Soo is The Snubbee of the Year here--- TWO brilliant portrayals of classic musical theater roles, ignored.
—Soo was not snubbed. She is fine. She gave two fine performances but nothing special. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You