News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Alan Roger

Member Name: Alan Roger
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Finally... Billy again!
 Apr 8 2006, 07:31:46 AM
A report of the Royal visit can be found under March reviews and the chat section of billyelliotthemusical.me.uk. Liam was Billy and Ryan was Michael
George's card
 Dec 5 2005, 09:07:42 AM
A big 'thank you' to all who contributed to the card which was totally full when I presented it to George's Mother on his behalf in the Stage Door Pub. She was overwhelmed by all the expressions of support and affection for her son and expressed her thanks to you all. George had not ben well this week which explains why he sounded a little 'husky'.
We also gave George and James an HMV voucher from this board and billyelliotthemusical.me.uk for them to enjoy their music etc. James received

Goodbye and Hello!!
 Dec 2 2005, 09:36:14 AM
Thanks for the notification of the Whats on Stage link. We need
as much supportive votes as we can get for the musical. It is doing well in certain categories (Best newcomer,musical)but lagging behind in others. Come on all you Hadyn Gwynne fans where are you!!.
Please PM me with any final messages for George's card. I need them by 9am 3rd December (UK time) at the latest so they can be included. I have already had to buy another one such is your admiration and affection for this Billy

Show 29th November
 Dec 1 2005, 08:20:43 AM
Can I echo Be Inspired's sentiments about the 29th show. I have seen Liam 12 times now and he really does shine. Everything was totally flawless and his dancing particularly in Swan Lake and Electricity was simply awe inspiring.Liam's capacity to convey such a sense of enjoyment in what he is doing on stage is a major factor I feel in sending the audience away at the end on such a high and wanting more. Well done Liam you will be greatly missed when you move on. Joe Caffrey also stood out again
Christmas Eve show
 Nov 29 2005, 10:30:57 AM
To win my spare stalls ticket for the matinee show (last before Christmas)visit and register with billyelliotthemusical.me.uk
and participate in the bumper quiz based on the show. Good luck

Evening Standard awards
 Nov 28 2005, 12:05:38 PM
Thanks for that great news srd17.I have been biting my nails all afternoon!! Congratulations to all the cast and Stephen,Lee,Philip and Elton on a magnificent achievement.To pip Mary Poppins this afternoon was some achievement and you can all feel justly proud. I am going to the show tonight(40th visit)and wonder if there will be mention of the award. I hope so as there could be some atmosphere.
Just a reminder to PM me with any late messages to be included on George's card for the 3rd and a

Billys
 Nov 26 2005, 03:27:18 PM
Well that is interesting and there was I thinking that the 3rd was George's official leaving hence the card we are signing for him from the board. This is the first I have heard of Liam potentially leaving so soon. Authenticity? Can anyone else closer than me to the action comment.I suspect that we are not talking of Travis as he is only 11 and I doubt that his voice is nearing breaking point and this is the first I have heard of Billy Matthew not coming on stream.
Pub
 Nov 22 2005, 05:12:50 AM
Sorry for any confusion I might have caused.The stage door pub is opposite the stage door on the other side of the road. It is the pub cast members tend to congregate in. I guess I will be the only guy there with a large card so you should not have difficulty spotting me. Thanks to those who have PMd a message for George. There is space left so do not miss the opportunity if you want.

December3rd
 Nov 21 2005, 11:16:17 AM
Please tell me (others) what 'Brians Law' is as I am not familiar with it.
December3rd
 Nov 21 2005, 08:58:02 AM
Just to let you know that we have a good luck card for George on behalf of the board which we will plan to give him on the 3rd. I shall be in the stage door pub from 1pm and again at 6pm if anyone who is at the matinee or evening shows wants to pop in and sign it. If you would like a message included and are not able to be there please PM it to me and I will happily include it.
Leon-Blue Peter award
 Nov 19 2005, 07:53:28 AM
Congratulations to Leon who was awarded his Blue Peter badge at the final curtain last night (Friday). I understand the film crew had been filming a day in the life of Leon yesterday ending with the award presentation. So tune in to Blue Peter (BBC) and see another Billy getting richly deserved recognition. At present I do not know if this will be on TV next week but it will be worth looking out for.Interestingly Leon performed with Brad as his Michael which makes me wonder if Joey will be switc
James Lomas wins Outstanding New Talent Award!
 Nov 14 2005, 08:02:17 AM
Well done James.Totally brilliant news!! Thoroughly deserved.I have seen James most as Billy and he always gives 110%. Let's hope this will be the first of many awards for him and the Musical.
Cast Recording
 Nov 12 2005, 07:39:32 AM
Board members will be interested to know that at the theatre last night were forms confirming the CD release as December 5th.These were mail order forms with the original cast recording at 15 pounds and the Limited Edition 2 box CD set at 20. The limited edition includes 3 Elton John Tracks (presumably the same as on the Peech Tree road CD) 'Exclusive postcards' and Full Lyrics.For more details contact 'Merchandise Sales,Victoria Palace Theatre, Victoria Street London SW1E 5EA or ring 020 7834 2
Welcome Back-Liam and snow
 Nov 12 2005, 07:25:13 AM
It was good to see two welcome returns at last night's(Friday) show. Firstly the snow is back and is certainly an added dimension which adds to the sense of Christmas.Secondly how nice to see Liam back and in fine form.Whether it reflects his recent problems or not but there was a sense of moody truculence about his deliberately understated acting at times which really added to the sense we all got of Billy's frustrations.His angry dance was first class and I have to agree with Musical Fan's com
No Snow
 Nov 5 2005, 01:00:11 PM
I am pretty certain they are the same photo set set. The OCR recording is now being played at the sales desk at the Theatre foyer.Presumably to wet appetites.
Another ace performance from George and Brad last night.(Friday).By all the shouts and screams George's female fan club were in full voice in the stalls!! Full cast and no understudies also NO SNOW.Is this going to be a feature from now on as it does look strange having to sweep it up from the audition floor in the RBS.

Awards
 Nov 4 2005, 01:20:36 PM
I would like to draw everyones attention to the Whatsonstage.com Theatre goers'Choice Awards for 2005.You have until the end of November to nominate your choice in 20 categories.The top 6 contenders will be shortlisted for final voting from December 1st with the eventual winners announced in February 2006. The full list of nominations will be announced at Planet Hollywood London on the 30th November. To vote for the musical and your favourites in the various categories log on to www.whatsonstage
Cartoons
 Nov 1 2005, 03:59:04 AM
Your cartoon of Leon is very good and very accurate.Definitely my favourite.As Billy's Dad would say 'aye the very spit'.Look forward to the others in due course.Bye the way nice to meet you last Saturday before the show.
Matinee today
 Oct 29 2005, 02:09:21 PM
James is I believe performing again next week Thursday (not sure which show) and Saturday matinee so try and get to see him then. Today's matinee was a very compact and professional performance from James. It was like he had never been away except he has grown in the last six weeks (the script had to refer to Billy as a thirteen year old) and his voice is deeper. Nice words of praise also for him at the curtain by Tim (Dad). It was also good to meet James and his family today. It is obvious to s
James Lomas Review
 Oct 29 2005, 07:49:42 AM
Now there is dedication for you Be Inspired and RuthieFan.Do not fall asleep in the performance!!I took one look at the queue at 10am and thought 'no chance' so I went off to a ticket booth in Leicester Square which guarantees tickets for all sell out performances and lo Grand Circle Row C. Not the best but at least I will be there to see the brilliant James again.I will be in the pub around 1.30 in case anyone wants to pop in and say hello and have a drink.(black shirt-Daily Mail-glasses an ide
liam
 Oct 28 2005, 08:18:18 AM
Liam appears to be in need of a rest and a break from performing for the reasons already given. I think it is unwise to hypothesise about him being 'ill' as this adds to the pressure and begs the question 'with what?'.All I hope for Liam is that he is being given all the professional and personal support that he needs at present and that we will all be able to welcome him back as Billy ere long.I think it is also important that Liam is aware of the great fund of support and goodwill there is fo
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You