News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for cviolett

cviolett Profile Photo
Member Name: cviolett
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Pippin Rush as of Late?
 Nov 8 2013, 11:00:53 PM
Thanks for the info MaddieB and Wicked!

Cheers,
C.

Pippin Rush as of Late?
 Nov 8 2013, 08:39:33 PM
I did a search but didn't seem to find anything helpful. Anyone here try to rush Pippin lately? I was thinking about going tomorrow but didn't know what time people have been getting there lately. Thanks for any help you can provide!

Cheers,
C.

McDonald, Benanti, and Borle Join NBC'S SOUND OF MUSIC
 Sep 16 2013, 03:34:34 PM
This news just made me super excited for December 5th. Benanti can do no wrong in my mind and Audra will be fabulous. Very excited to hear her "Climb Every Mountain"
A Little Night Music Dream Cast?
 Jun 13 2013, 12:15:57 AM
Annette Benning, ugh, yes please!! That just sounds like heaven. How about Megan Hilty as Petra?

Cheers,
C.

Ana Gasteyer as Elphaba
 Jun 2 2013, 10:58:03 PM
Saw her in the Chicago company when it first opened the summer of '05. She was fabulous. Her acting was nuanced and beautiful. Her singing was top notch. She and Kate Reinders were wonderful together, as well. Loved it, loved her. Wish she'd return to the stage.

Cheers,
C.

FALLING Reviews
 Oct 21 2012, 10:39:37 AM
Very happy to see these reviews! I saw the show two weeks ago and think that Julia Murney is absolutely stunning in it. Also, Daniel Everidge's performance is really fantastic. I hope that this has a long run (is it scheduled to be open-ended or limited engagement?), it certainly deserves it.
Driving Miss Daisy starring Angela Lansbury and James Earl Jones to premiere in Australia in February
 Oct 14 2012, 11:10:34 AM
Will42 you just made my day with the Sydney and Melbourne news! Already checked out an itinerary and am definitely porting in Sydney during one of the weeks early in the Sydney run. This has me very excited, and my roommates a little jealous I think. :-P
LuPone, McArdle, and Butz to Get 54 Below Recordings
 Oct 12 2012, 09:54:48 PM
Such wonderful news!!

Will definitely get LuPone's...heard her performances were really fantastic. And would kill for Luker and Mazzie's.

Driving Miss Daisy starring Angela Lansbury and James Earl Jones to premiere in Australia in February
 Oct 12 2012, 03:47:58 PM
All I know is that the cruise ship I'll be working on in February of next year ports in Australia and if I have a single night available and am remotely close to Brisbane I will do whatever it takes for me to see this. I think it's going to be phenomenal.

Laura Benanti Separates From Her Husband
 Sep 27 2012, 06:50:34 PM
Ugh, I let out a little sigh of sadness and then started to tell my roommate the news until I saw what it was really about. :-P

However, I love her on SVU and in one of the final episodes of last season when she stormed into the office and threw everything from his desk down...I love it. I'd watch her any day.

Revivals we want on Bway!!!
 Sep 17 2012, 06:53:05 PM
She Loves Me

The Secret Garden (Please?!)

Book of Mormon Chicago cast?
 Sep 13 2012, 07:50:58 PM
Patrice Covington, who played Effie in the latest Dreamgirls tour, I've heard is in the ensemble.
Smash -- Series Discussion
 Jun 23 2012, 12:46:37 AM
JP, those were my exact words!! I like SMASH, but this most recent casting announcement makes me super excited for the next season.

Cheers,

C.

If you could pick just one winner tonight who would it be?
 Jun 10 2012, 01:26:38 PM
Judith Light, hands down.
How best to approach a new musical: cold or
 Jun 7 2012, 10:05:07 AM
I personally like going in cold, particularly on new works. I had the N2N cast album on my iTunes for at least a year before I got to see the show; but I never listened to it and Marin Mazzie and Jason Danieley rocked my word. I haven't listened to Book of Mormon yet either in hopes to be thoroughly surprised and entertained when I do get to it. But I guess it's just a matter of opinion.

Cheers,

C.

Sondheim Survey
 Jun 6 2012, 05:50:58 PM
Three Favorite Show:
Company
A Little Night Music
Into the Woods

Least Favorite Show:
Pacific Overtures

Three Favorite Songs:
Move On
Marry Me a Little
The Miller's Son

Cheers,

C.

Time Out's Tony predictions...
 Jun 6 2012, 05:46:55 PM
I just read them, too. They justify the predictions well, though I'm still pulling for a Bennett win in the Leading Actress category.
This may be a little dim, but how do they go about giving the percentages of winning for the awards?

Cheers,

C.

Congratulations to the producers of this year's Drama Desks ceremony
 Jun 3 2012, 10:32:01 PM
Julie Halston at the beginning was fantastic...but the sound issues that screwed it up for a bit and then my connection going out during Audra's speech made me leave. Wish I would've seen Tracie's win. Hopefully I'll get to see it happen again next week.

Cheers,

C.

How About a Secret Garden Revival??
 May 16 2012, 06:50:47 PM
Michael Bennett, Roundabout is a great idea! I hadn't thought about a non-profit before. How about Lincoln Center? Bartlett Sher at the helm in the Beaumont? Think of the beauty that would be created there!

Cheers,

C.

How About a Secret Garden Revival??
 May 15 2012, 11:50:25 AM
Adamgreer; Benanti would be fabulous and haunting as Lily. Or how about Erin Davie?

Who would be a good choice for Dickon? I know I'd heard people say that Andrew Keenan-Bolger along with his sister as Martha would be a match made in musical theatre heaven. I just want to see a full scale revival...

I'm really sad that I am not in town to see the APAC production, or the one in White Plains right now that features a fantastic Lily, Caitlin Fischer.

Cheers,

C

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You