News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for joanlegorreta

joanlegorreta Profile Photo
Member Name: joanlegorreta
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Avenue Q Mexico City - Strange promos?  Apr 18 2008, 02:20:00 PM
"Mexican's are more appealed to sex. I watched the Mexican channel, only because it's the only thing my dad watches. It's all about having woman with big boobs the size of basketballs, there's a perverted, fat, news man that sits in a hot tub with woman in bikinis."

Excuse me??? I'm mexican, and I'm really sad to read this, I mean yes there are many awful shows on tv, but that's the opinion I would have of your TV if I only watch Wild on, and I know there are many other stuff to see.
re: Mereb  Jan 7 2008, 07:59:31 PM
I'm sure my color don't care, I'm from Mexico... obviously Aida won't be exactly black, so that don't worry me.
re: Character Game  Jan 7 2008, 01:59:09 AM
Once on this island

Gabrielle
Armand
Louis

re: Mereb  Jan 7 2008, 01:28:18 AM
Actually I got the CD and it's on of my favorite musicals, is just that everyone in my school that don't have the profile for being Radames wants Mereb.

I want to make sure my audition is different, that directors can see I can do that role for sure by choosin the right song for the audition and knowing things about the character that are not obvious. I'm thinking 'bout the "crush" you said with Aida, that can be interesting.

re: Mereb  Jan 7 2008, 01:19:20 AM
Oh ok, sorry!

I mean what tesiture is, is it a comic character, does it need an specific level of singing, dance, acting?

And what can I audition with? I mean, a song.

re: Mereb  Jan 7 2008, 01:02:27 AM
Anyone? haha
re: Character Game  Jan 7 2008, 12:55:56 AM
I'm not sure but Titanic?

If so: Jamie Wellerstein
Cathe Hyatt
and a piano lol

Mereb  Jan 7 2008, 12:50:51 AM
Hi!

Next week my school is gonna start an amateur production of Aida, and I'm wondering if I can audition for Mereb, since I can't do Radames.

I'm a dramatic tenor, I've made Lefou in B&B, Peter in JCS. What do I need to be Mereb?

Thanx

re: Character Game  Jan 7 2008, 12:39:28 AM
Adela
Martirio
Poncia

re: Helena Bondham Carter as Lovett  Dec 8 2007, 11:33:49 PM
I have to say something: As much as I respect Carter as an Actress I think everyone involved in the production of Sweeney forgot this is a MUSICAL, so there must be singing not just acting... Right? If Helena wanted to make justice to Mrs. Lovett character, she could work in a Sweeney film that is not musical.

By the way, I HATE Johnny Depp lol

The Worst Pies in London  Nov 4 2007, 12:25:23 AM
I'm sorry if this has been posted before, but I heard that "The worst pies in London" is cut from the movie, or not even filmed... Is it true? That would be the worst thing they could do to my favorite musical... If casting Johnny Depp wasn't!
re: Musical Theater songs about 'change' or 'making a difference'  Aug 15 2007, 03:16:33 AM
What about "A change in me" from Beauty and the beast
Beauty and the Beast Audition Help  Feb 9 2007, 12:02:05 AM
Hi! I'm from Mexico... Next week they're gonna be auditions for Beauty and the beast, I have a question: Which song would you suggest if I'm auditioning for Lefou?
re: The Last Five Years  Oct 3 2006, 02:07:00 AM
Here's another one...

http://www.mtishows.com/show_home.asp?ID=000240

re: best/most powerful finales of a show  Feb 20 2006, 12:13:32 AM
SUNSET BOULEVARD!!!

And Maybe L5Y

re: Underrated Songs  Feb 8 2006, 02:09:22 AM
TheaterAddict7652: "A summer in Ohio" is my favorite from The last five years.

I also like "Maybe I like it this way" from The wild party

re: Greatest Female Character  Feb 8 2006, 02:06:12 AM
The Witch (Into the woods)

Bernarda Alba (La casa de Bernarda Alba)

Sing the Hebrew way!  Feb 5 2006, 06:09:38 PM
Well DRS, I'm from Mexico so I'm used to see translated musicals. If I got your question correctly, I'd say that the work of a translator is in the first place, translate literally the lyric, but then he has to find synonyms and get the words into the metric of the song (I'm not sure if "metric" is the right word in music), specially because in English the words are shorter than in Spanish, in this case.
It's not an easy thing to do, precisely 'cause they have to keep the message of the song

re: ALMOST COMPLETELY unknown musicals?  Jan 24 2006, 12:10:47 AM
"Beyond the rainbow", which is the adaptation of an italian musical. The translation was made by Leslie Bricusse.
Anyone knows it?

re: Who is(are) your all-time favorite Broadway character(s)?  Jan 22 2006, 07:29:37 PM
Norma Desmond - Sunset Boulevard
Roger - Rent
Cathy - The last five years
Seymour - Little shop of horrors
Roxie - Chicago
Princeton - Avenue Q
Joseph - Joseph and the amazing...

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You