News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jennastagemanaga

Member Name: jennastagemanaga
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Best Recording of Jesus Christ Superstar? Or: Why is Josh Young so hot?  Jun 12 2012, 12:17:35 PM
It's sad that you feel that way Jordan. He speaks so highly of you.
Best Recording of Jesus Christ Superstar? Or: Why is Josh Young so hot?  Jun 12 2012, 11:45:48 AM
The brown album is my personal favourite. My mother used to make us listen to it on Good Friday every year. No one tops Murray Head in my opinion. (I love Josh's portrayal of the character though. His Judas is tortured and layered. It's too bad "the powers that be" are always having him perform Superstar. Their version of that number is best seen live, in context with the crucifixion at the end)

P.S. Josh Young is sweet, thoughtful, sensitive and indeed hot in person. His Che in Stratfo

Newsies Rush  Mar 27 2012, 09:35:10 PM
It was on TKTS today.
Newsies Rush  Mar 27 2012, 07:55:53 PM
Thanks! There's three of us, so I think we will hope for TKTS. But I will check out the lottery discussions.Cheers again.
Newsies Rush  Mar 27 2012, 07:16:47 PM
I searched for this topic and couldn't find a thread. If one has been started, please direct me to it :)

I am thinking of rushing Newsies this Monday (April 2). Does anyone know what the rush policy is? Has anyone had any luck with getting rush tickets? What has been your experience?

Cheers.

JCS Reviews  Mar 23 2012, 09:28:37 AM
massofmen et al.,

So just skimming through the reviews mentioned here, what do you define as "milquetoast reviews?" From a glance, there are 18 reviews referenced in this thread and 11 of those are "positive" or "mixed-positive." Meh, but what do it know, right? I'm from out of town.

JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR  Mar 17 2012, 03:23:04 PM
@ FindingNamo.

Yes, really. I am just an ordinary person expressing an opinion. Perhaps my response wasn't sophisticated enough for you. My opinion is mine. It neither correct or incorrect, just my opinion.

So maybe I should clarify. Instead of "misunderstood impact" I should have said "misunderstood message." Regardless, the way the ending of this production was staged effected me profoundly.

JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR  Mar 17 2012, 12:57:31 PM
I know I'm a new member on this board, so take my opinion with a grain of salt but what struck me as most effective about the way the ending has been staged for this production was not that it simply reminds us of the impact this man has had over the last 2000 years, but the misunderstood impact.

Furthermore, as South FL Marc asks "Do you mean the wars, death, destruction, hatred, torture and prejudices that have been perpetuated in his name?" YES. And the staging of John 19:41 in this JCS, speaks to that question. Christians have been misinterpreting Jesus' message for 2000 years; the words have become meaningless. The message has been lost.

To me, this is most effective.

Kushnier back in JCSS...as Pilate  Dec 26 2011, 03:37:47 PM
ah, of course, my bad :)

BTW, I have seen JCS several times (I am sort of connected to the show), and Jeremy was wonderful as Pilate.

Kushnier back in JCSS...as Pilate  Dec 26 2011, 03:13:03 PM
Jeremy Kushnier is Canadian :)
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You