News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for SullyG

Member Name: SullyG
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SPAMALOT 2023 Previews
 Nov 12 2023, 05:47:11 PM

So Eric Idle attended Spamalot last night, and beside praising the cast and crew, confirmed something that many of us had speculated.

"The intention is for this Company to tour North America after Broadway so you may get your chance!"

A lot of people have mentioned how the set pretty much looked "tour ready", and it seems like that may be the case!

SPAMALOT To Play The St James This Fall
 Sep 26 2023, 10:08:57 AM

Taran Killam will play Lancelot through January 9th, to then be replaced by Alex Brightman.

"Killam will portray Lancelot from the first preview on Halloween through Jan. 7, at which time Alex Brightman (Beetlejuice: The MusicalThe Shark Is Broken) will take over beginning Jan. 9. Brightman originated the role of Lancelot in the Kennedy Center run that preceded this Broadway revival."

https://ew.com/theater/spamalot-broadway-lancelot-taran-killam-exclusive/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly_entertainmentweekly&utm_content=new&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=6512e4995c9b8c000140bb54

Sep 25 2023, 03:58:49 PM

amiyagi said: "Is Killam going to a be draw for non-theatre people?."

Honestly? I would say no. It feels a bit weird that they were hyping up this announcement so much, which led me to believe it was going to be a large stunt cast to sell tickets. Nobody would have batted an eye if he had been announced with the rest of the cast, because he's been on Broadway before. I'm sure he'll be great, just a strange all around situation

Sep 25 2023, 03:49:53 PM

I replied to Spamalot's most recent "teaser" on Twitter saying that Killam leaked the news, and they straight up deleted the entire tweet. I would guess an announcement is imminent since the word is already out

Sep 25 2023, 03:45:44 PM

Yep, turns out this came from the podcast episode 5 days ago. Timestamp is 1:39:50

https://youtu.be/-4px_ZRZDt4?si=GXv_PlvI6Xo0h6w0&t=5990

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You